A Thread to Discuss Those Mysterious Cryptic Emails!

7 hours ago, trickstur said:

ah it worked that time. Odd. 

what worked and where? 

I tried the only code that uses "A" and "B" that i know

Spoiler

Konami

and got nothing.

9 minutes ago, Myrik said:

what worked and where? 

I tried the only code that uses "A" and "B" that i know

Reveal hidden contents

Konami

and got nothing.

Try again. That is the one. There is another bit, and you get...

Spoiler

a transmission log between "OnlineHost" and "SurveillanceOp"

However it seems that is as far as it goes, for now.

Spoiler

The log confirms @Dagger's suspicion that "Project Fragment" is something sinister.

The dates might refer to something? I don't know. It is past my bedtime.

• Like 1

Joshua - Yoga Ninja Weasel #22 Weasel does 500 Pullups

42 minutes ago, Darth Yoga said:

Try again. That is the one. There is another bit, and you get...

Reveal hidden contents

a transmission log between "OnlineHost" and "SurveillanceOp"

However it seems that is as far as it goes, for now.

Hide contents

The log confirms @Dagger's suspicion that "Project Fragment" is something sinister.

The dates might refer to something? I don't know. It is past my bedtime.

worked that time but now im getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Got it to load if i went straight to the website instead of through https://rhenofaction.com/

1 hour ago, Myrik said:

worked that time but now im getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Got it to load if i went straight to the website instead of through https://rhenofaction.com/

If I remember correctly, the link from the Rheno faction page had some obvious error that you have to correct .

• Like 1

Okay... router rebooted... :) 

But the clue in the new "error code" just goes back to the same transmission log as we've already found. Because we're that good.

Also, there is an official facebook thread. But I try to avoid facebook. I can't resist reading political things that get me all worked up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't use facebook either. I've seen that there have been more clues found, nice!

The numbers 45 33 78 could refer to a turntable, or the whole thing could be an IP-address.

Spoiler

..and on that ip-address 45.33.78.208 both the yoga.nerdfittness.com and handstands.nerdfitness.com sites are hosted.

1 hour ago, killerog said:

Yeah, I don't use facebook either. I've seen that there have been more clues found, nice!

The numbers 45 33 78 could refer to a turntable, or the whole thing could be an IP-address.

Reveal hidden contents

..and on that ip-address 45.33.78.208 both the yoga.nerdfittness.com and handstands.nerdfitness.com sites are hosted.

Spoiler

The IP address takes you to projectfragment.com. Additionally, the letters in the error message spell out something if you look at the capitol letters. Additionally, the numbers may be coordinates to somewhere in Canada. 

I don't think the enter the code thing was supposed to be on Rheno. It might've been accidental a day early while they tested it. 

• Like 2

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon."

Level 1 Operative (Ranger/Assassin) | Current Challenge | Battlelog (Soon) | Past Challenges: One 

Instagram | MyFitnessPal

Agreed Lighthouse, on both accounts. It's really going to depend on how much it is a month and exactly what it entails. I'm in every other part of the Rebellion so... who am I kidding I'll probably join this one too. Hah. 

• Like 4

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon."

Level 1 Operative (Ranger/Assassin) | Current Challenge | Battlelog (Soon) | Past Challenges: One 

Instagram | MyFitnessPal

I'm cautiously excited. Excited because the format and premise sound really awesome. Cautious because monthly fees can really add up and because some of the things listed are things I'm really not interested in. Like travel, which I actively dislike. I'm really looking forward to hearing more details, though.

• Like 5

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

It does seem really interesting, and I've liked this intro part quite a bit. It strikes me as basically an extended mini challenge though - which (thanks to geniuses like Hazard and Anim) I can get for free here...

• Like 2

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Monthly subscription didn't surprise me, but I had hoped it wouldn't be.

Also adding in more challenges and goals regularly? I don't know if it fits with what I do currently and will for the foreseeable future, but at the same time...

It sounds like fun.

I guess I'll see on Monday!

• Like 3

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

7 hours ago, Dagger said:

Also adding in more challenges and goals regularly? I don't know if it fits with what I do currently and will for the foreseeable future, but at the same time...

It sounds like fun.

Yeah, I am super curious, and it sounds fun, but my previous experiment with the N F Academy tells me I like setting my own goals, making my own plans.

I know a lot of folks are like "Argh! This is all so complicated and confusing! Just tell me what I need to do!" but I love the planning. I sometimes choose to follow tried and tested plans for specific fitness goals, but overall, I think I do pretty well being self-directed.

I also have a fairly tight budget, and I'm trying hard to make financially responsible decisions. So while I am not averse to paying a monthly fee, I'd have to weigh it carefully against other options.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Darth Yoga said:

Yeah, I am super curious, and it sounds fun, but my previous experiment with the N F Academy tells me I like setting my own goals, making my own plans.

I know a lot of folks are like "Argh! This is all so complicated and confusing! Just tell me what I need to do!" but I love the planning. I sometimes choose to follow tried and tested plans for specific fitness goals, but overall, I think I do pretty well being self-directed.

I like planing too. Although, when I get to the exercise 3 times per week part of my fitness journey (focusing on every day movement right now) I think my NFA purchase will come in handy because I don't want to have to plan that out until I know more.

But with all other goals and such? I definitely like the planing and figuring out where to focus my attention and such. I've been doing good since I found NF in May this year (barely!) and figured out how to put together challenges (I do forum 4 week ones) to help further my goals and ambitions.

• Like 2

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals