Adulting is hard

That I don't know. He asked when he needed to know by. I said Tuesday. So either late Tuesday or Wednesday I'll text him and ask if he wants it. If he says yes, I'll say it's his. If it's a no, well then, we'll see. I hear back from cologne guy today. Did I mention him. *scrolls back up* Ah, yes, I did. He's the one who would need a special parking permit for the other apartments he's looking at. He was drenched in axe body spray or something. I could still smell him 10 minutes after he left. Something I would mention if he moves in. 

After I meet the girl tomorrow, Sunday I will sit down and figure out who I want. 

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Thanks! I know, I can't wait until it's over! And then I need to remember how to live with someone again! It's only been a couple weeks that I've lived solo, but it's been kind of nice, lol.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Yeah, while it's nice to have company (and help with the rent!), really having the place to yourself (not just because your roomie isn't in) is the bomb! You can walk about in the scud, cook whenever you want (ugh, sharing a kitchen!), take a bath and monopolise the bathroom for as long as you want, have friends over and get drunk and loud without a care...

Never mind, as long as you get on with your flat mate it's all good. :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I've been trying to behave like someone else still lives there. But all those points? Yea, totally done the majority of them. I'm hoping that in a year or two I'll have gotten enough raises (and that they are big enough) that I don't need a roommate. First raise should be in late August, so we'll see!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Okay, now time to decide. Met Briana yesterday. Liked her. My parents think she is the one. She came in, saw Salem and immediately sat on the ground trying to coax him back out and pet him. She loves cats. She then went and went through my movie collection pretty much one by one and said if she liked it, didn't, or hadn't seen it. Took a quick look in the bedroom and was like "do you think a queen would fit in here?" Said, I wasn't sure, but was told that the air mattress I used in the pictures was supposedly a queen. She never looked in the bathroom and only asked about rent as we were walking out the door (my parents flight got in half an hour early so I had to cut the visit short). She only started working at wgbh on the 15th, and I was right, it's the canvassing team. Not sure how steady that job is. And she can really only sign for 6 months. My parents said not to worry about that. They'd make sure I wasn't bankrupted. She is very outgoing and....I don't want to say loud, but just has a lot of energy.

now, Chris, can stay until 2018. He's a grad student who works. He asked about rent, utilities, and was very practical. Mentioned the credit check, being able to put down first month, and even asked about needing out put down last. Said I already had and if he wanted to, he could just pay me back half, and he agreed. And we even dicussed how things would be paid (check, money transfer, cash, etc). He seems like he would be a chill person.

i am so torn!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Oooh! Tricky. 

I like the the sound of the guy with the solid job and his head on straight about money, he sounds responsible. The kind of person who would always be on time with his half of the rent and never ask for a sub or steal your food from the fridge. Or even worse.... Drink your wine!!!!

But of course I haven't met either of them so it's irrelevant what I think, lol! ;) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I would prefer to live with a female, but the guy just seems like the right choice. I'll give myself the rest of the weekend to think about it. I'm not even sure my landlord will allow someone to only sign for 6 months. I have to call her anyway to find when someone is coming to fix my kitchen faucet.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

And I have a roommate!!!

Chris emailed me this morning and said he was still interested and would like to rent the room. Which is awesome, because yesterday I had decided to give it to him. So, I think he could be moved in by next weekend.

Such a relief! 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

5 hours ago, RandMart said:

tumblr_lqt8d6HHJn1qg4o87.gif

Oh yeah.  You just had to go and show me up, didn't you?  I post a pic, you post a gif of Dave Grohl.  Well fuck you!  **storms off in a huff**

• Like 1

And it's so mesmerizing too....I can't stop watching it

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

It's going okay. Have had a few minor bumps. Very minor. Twice he tried to put pots and pans in the dishwasher, but now he knows that they need to be hand washed. I just need to teach him now to run the dishwasher when he fully loads it. Done it twice now. But!! I was out last night and when I came back I saw that he found where the toilet paper was, put it on the roll, and put it on correctly!

I also need to figure out a cleaning schedule. So far he hasn't taken out any trash and doesn't do the best job cleaning up after he uses the stove. But, I'll train him properly. 

We also don't see eachother much. He's out late on Tuesday and Thursdays, and I'm out late Wednesdays and some Mondays. And when we are here together, he spends most of his time in his room. Like what is happening right now. Snow day for both of us. 

One of the two cats already loves him. Selina started sucking up to him as soon as he moved in. She's constantly trying to get his attention. Salem on the other hand still runs and hides from him. Eventually he won't be so skittish. Will take awhile though. I'm going home every other weekend due to doctor appointments for the next month. Then he'll be at my parents for a week in April when I'm on vacation. I'm not looking for them to be cuddle buddies, but just so he doesn't run out of the room and hide. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Sounds like a typical man, lol!   My bf is terrible for leaving the chopping board, the butter, the dirty knife and the milk out when he makes his breakfast.  He may die unexpectedly one day...

• Like 1

Left out knives, yes! He left one out for 3 days. I caved and washed it and put it back because I couldn't stand looking at it and waiting for him to do it. Though he's been pretty good since. 

And yes, I'm fine! All my annual and regular appointments just happen to fall around the same time, and I just can't seem to schedule them in the same week/weekend. But thanks for checking in :)

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

And he just used the tablespoon, but didn't take it off the ring. Just threw it in the sink (which has my dirty plates from lunch in it) with all the other measuring spoons still attached. I hope his future wife appreciates the time I'm going to be investing in fixing these habits. Why would you throw perfectly clean measuring spoons in the sink with dirty stuff? I'm not much of a cook, but even when I was an absolute beginner I knew to take off the ones I'm going to use and leave the rest. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Bahahahaha!  That's priceless! :D 

My husband used to do stuff like that but I swear he did it just to wind me up.  His mother taught him better than that, I know because I lived with her before we had our own place.  The other thing that used to drive me up the wall was if he didn't put the pots back in the cupboard in the right order, so there would be a big pot balancing precariously on top of a small pot.  Grrrrrr!

I hope you get him house trained soon, lol!

• Like 1