Rathlan starts a log

I seem to have an on/off relationship with journaling anything... hoping this will assist me in getting this right.

Level: 3 (EQ) - Race: Wood Elf - Class: Assassin Epic Quest: Rathlan

Current Challenge: Rathlan revisits old disciplines

Previous Challenges: Gaining Control Part 1 - Finding the future in the pastPart 2 - Preparing for Superhero statusRathlan Lays FoundationsRathlan learns to love mornings Rathlan refocuses on focus Rathlan brings it together

(Old system: Level 3 - Stats: STR 9 | DEX 7 | CON 6 | STA 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4)

This holiday I've been trying to run each day... initially I thought "yay, I can run on the beach it will be fun" but wow - running in soft sand is hard. Lol

I've kept it up almost every day, and just missed a few days while sick. (Allergies leading to a small case of bronchitis)

Today I went for a run out of town, about 5k each way... ended up in a secluded spot where I could do a short mediation before running back.

I like getting out into nature where nobody else is around. Today's meditation was here:

69c9c36d3d0d159d4fa926e16b114e73.jpg

Previous Challenges: Gaining Control Part 1 - Finding the future in the pastPart 2 - Preparing for Superhero statusRathlan Lays FoundationsRathlan learns to love mornings Rathlan refocuses on focus Rathlan brings it together

Walked 4km with my wife, and had a great last evening on holiday. Lovely sunsets and reflections off the water. For the first time ever, we braved the sea spray and made it to the end of the pier (previously washed away by a storm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final day was yesterday- went for an early run before we left. Got home late but happy to be home.

Woke up this morning and found that moving around made me dizzy. Turns out my ears were affected as a side effect of a bout of bronchitis I had. Went to a doc, got meds, and approval for some "light exercise".

Apparently my ears disagree... I chose to do some stretching and while doing a down-dog, I completely lost balance and had to sit for an age before I could move again. Sigh, time to rest more fully.

Much better today, managed to get through a decent steam room session without dizziness.. so tomorrow I will try a light run and stretch.

The "light run" turned into a basic weight lifting session. I was intrigued to try out the Freeletics gym app, and did a starter workout. I quite dig their warm up and stretch work, and really found that I enjoyed lifting weights instead of just my body.

I was able to map out my week, and get some plans for how I will keep up with exercise in the next month or three... tomorrow is a dry run for that. :-)

Today was my intro to "Becoming a morning person" - since it seems the best time for me to gym is in the morning, before I've become tired and drained from the day. Had a great run and steam/sauna - not sure why but the heat helps me with meditation.

Getting up early was actually easier than I had thought. Now I just need to get to bed on time so I can do it again tomorrow.

Work starts on Wednesday, so I'm getting two days to practice the routine before it "goes live".

I suspect the gym will be PACKED tomorrow - first day after all the public holidays, and sure to be filled with everyone working out their new year resolution energy.

Gym was still pretty empty this morning. Tomorrow is back to work, and I'm not entirely looking forward to giving up the holiday vibe. ;-)

Had a great leg workout today, and tomorrow I run.

The run today was pretty slow (3.5 or so km in 20 mins - around 10.5km per hour), but my legs were taking some strain from the leg workout yesterday.  It was fun to get back to my daily commute on the train & bus, but walking up the escalators from the train (maybe 7 floors or so) was tough ... "Thanks Leg Day!"

Tomorrow, it's time for another upper body workout, and my earliest wake up yet - I need to leave home by 6am.  So far this "become a morning person" routine is working out ok.  I know it's only day 3, but I'm looking at the small wins here ;-)

That's not terribly slow, well not terrible slow for me :). How are you accomplishing the "becoming a morning person" thing? I never can seem to do that. 

I am just trying to continually get up at the same time, no excuses. A friend of mine told me once "there's no such thing as a morning person, only a person who makes excuses for not getting up early" - so I'm just trying to stop making excuses. :-)

Today was "upper body" and wow - will I only be sore tomorrow. It was great fun though :-)

Yesterday was just stretching and some meditation. Had some great clarity afterwards. :-)

Today I should have been running, but swam instead (1km). I haven't done any swimming in quite a while and really enjoyed getting back in the pool.