Hello, hello. I have been a member since 2012. In university I had a routine that kept me consistent and motivated to workout. Now that I've been in the real world (aka working for a living) I am finding it much harder to keep a consistent and sustainable routine.

Would love a partner to help keep me accountable (and I am happy to help in return). Hiking is my favorite but I also dabble in yoga, running, bodyweight and gym workouts (part of my struggle to be consistent). Would also love someone who will geek out with me. Star Wars and Dragon Age are always personal obsessions favorites

Few additional details:

25 year old female, US (Eastern Time Zone) - Relatively "in shape" aka I am inconsistently active. 

Animal lover. Extra extra credit for any fellow animal lovers (especially fellow dog owners)

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Garjan, hi. :) I live in Pennsylvania, so same time zone!

I'm 38, female, looking to re-establish a healthy exercise routine and knock out the overeating habit more than... well, more than never. I work, sleep, and eat. I'm very happy with life in general, but I have the long-term dedication of a pet rock; if I don't freaking LOVE something, I don't do it.

Hiking is probably my favorite source of movement and exercise, except when it's blisteringly cold out (NOW).

I also dabble in running, and bodyweight exercises; I have completed many 5Ks and am still interested in running, and bodyweight exercises are super convenient).

I've never experienced weightlifting, but if I had a few gym buddies I would love to learn. Same with CrossFit, except it's way too damn expensive.

I've done only a wee bit of yoga although I do enjoy it when done with at least one other person (otherwise I just get silly).

I adore animals: cats over dogs, but my favorite companions ever have been rescued rats!

I'm more of a Star Trek / retro gaming nerd (I have a Metroid tattoo) although I don't much game anymore. I'm not much of a geek these days and I'm super out of the loop when it comes to anything pop-culture-related, but I'm sure you could find a few others around here willing to team up.

Do you have an idea of what methods of torment motivation* you'd want from an Accountability Team?

*(I'm aware that motivation is fickle and determination/dedication is the more sensible target.)

Hi Meechity. I love your icon :)

Yeah I thought of that after I posted - motivation comes and goes but it is really the routine I would like to build. My idea of accountability is someone on a similar level as me who I can "compete" against - or discuss strategies for workouts, meals and any other challenges we may face. My real-life friends have the geek part down but I haven't quite found a "gym buddy" like I had in school. 

Hiking is the best - when conditions are safe enough to do so. With the right clothes cold can be managed but I tend to worry more about the icy conditions. I love exercises I can do at home (hello bodyweight and yoga) but there is something special about lifting progressively larger and larger items. A lot of crossfit gyms have a "free class" slot for people to check out the programs - I went once with a coworker but it kind of put me off that everyone was injured or recovering from injury. Could have just been that particular class/gym though. 

Really I just need to set some rules and stick to it. Start (really) easy to build the habit of working out in _____ timeslots. When I feel ready I can start challenging myself but first step is set the mindset of "exercise as a priority". 

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Hiya! I was so excited to see your post. I was just thinking this whole keeping accountable thing would be better if I could find someone to work at it with. Then I thought maybe I had to join Facebook to make it happen, but I browsed the forums just in case. Too many distractions for me on Facebook right now, so I'm off it. 

Have you made any progress on possible accountability partnering/teaming? And if so, is there room for one more? I'm a soon to be 29-year-old gal living in Florida with 60 lbs to lose in 2017.  I enjoy hiking/backpacking, but there's not much here by way of that. I am currently starting to lift and mostly doing body weight as I try to build full range of motion. I workout at home wherever I can find space.  On my off days I am trying to squeeze in NF Yoga.

My biggest problem is eating. Lots of sugar...and as a stress response. Sleep plays a factor too, as I have a 9-mo-old baby and we are living in a remodel. I would love a support team to encourage me and who I could root for too. If it works out, I'd love to join you ladies.

Hi bassman123, 

I'm interested in teaming up for accountability and encouragement.  Unfortunately I don't know much about Star Wars, but I hope that won't stop you.  Being in different time zones is cool with me.  Any ideas for what you are looking for in the way of accountability and how you want to swap it? I'm thinking maybe a forum post for starters, or we can message.  A forum post would let us get together a group and other people could jump in if they wanted to. I'm open to any suggestions you have. 

Hey Snowalker and Bassman123!

Thanks for dropping by. I found a group over through facebook and really don't know if I can commit to another right now (I'd love to say yes, but I would also stress during super-introvert periods about having to check in with too many people. Sorry :( )

But I wish you both the best in your quest for accountability buddies and all of your health and fitness goals~

Hey are you still looking for somebody? I would love to talk! I'm 30 in the same time zone. I love hiking even though there isn't much around here. I do a lot of running and am trying to be able to run a 5k with no walks. (Or very little) You sound like me. I have dabbled in yoga (which I like but have no room), bodyweight, and gym workouts. I am working on running right now but plan to work on strength after I move into a bigger place on the 7th.

As for geeking out: love star wars (and Star trek don't shoot me lol) (I saw rouge one twice) and DC, Marvel, anime, Dr who, Sherlock, and ANIMALS! I have a dog and 2 cats and work at a pet store.

I'm inconsistent but I'm working on that this year. Hit me up if you want to talk!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey AquaRose!

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm in another group and really don't feel like I can commit and be a good accountability partner with you also. Although all of your interests are awesomely aligned with mine (I saw rogue one twice too!!!! and am diving into the novelizations because I need more :P)

Again I'm sorry I can't promise to be a buddy with you right now, but I wish you the best of luck in your fitness journey :)

• Like 1