My first time.. Wait, I mean "post"! My first POST!

Hey everyone! Here is my slapdash intro post.

Stats: 34, female, 5'4"

Highest weight: 218 (Summer 2008)

Lowest weight: 148 (Spring 2011)

Current weight: 157

Weight loss deets: I started eating low carb in the summer of 2008 and had a nice slow 'n' steady downward trend until last spring. Then I got all stressed out and started to stall. I've bounced around in the 150s ever since.

Exercise deets: I was a lifelong Running Hater until I did the Couch to 5k program in Summer 2010. I worked up from there and have done a bunch of races, including a 10-miler and a half marathon. I currently lift heavy weights 2 days a week, walk 2 days and run 3 days. I may switch it up soon tho.

Life management deets: I have a huge problem with getting stressed and this is standing in the way of my happiness! To truly level up, I know I have to defeat this Big Boss.

Nerd deets: I love Fringe, LOST, Doctor Who, Torchwood, MST3K, Rifftrax, Alcatraz, Frederik Pohl, Vernor Vinge, Ursula LeGuin, Arthur C Clark, board games, Sci-fi conventions (like CONvergence!) and my cat.

Happy to be here on Nerd Fitness!

Hi Cerebellum. Welcome to the Rebellion! Sounds like you are already on a great track (except for stressing way too much).

Have you made specific goals of what and how you want to accomplish?

Remember, stress is not WHAT happens to you, it's HOW you react to what happens. It's always a choice of how you react. I know that sounds cliche but as I learned to incorporate that I learned how true it is.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Welcome, Cerebellum!!

The stress factor is what ultimately fueled me to drastically change things up in my own life, I can definitely relate to how detrimental stress can be even when everything else (like your diet and exercise) is trucking along fine. Looks like you've found things you love to do, that's great :)

Welcome, Rebel. You really have to know where your stress is coming from before you can truly learn to mitigate it. I understand stress very well, as I've been in the military several years now and have obviously had some situations within and out of my control. I've always followed a simple mantra to keep from getting stressed: Change what I can, accept what I can't, learn to know the difference. I've found sometimes that bad things were going to happen in my life and there was nothing I could do to change them from happening, so over time I learned to just focus on passing them. I know that after the storm passes, I will return to the calm where I have control and can continue changing things to my liking. There is a calm in learning to release yourself.

"If you think we can't change the world, it just means you're not one of those that will." -Jacque Fresco