Where to begin…..I’m a 30 year old mother of one little boy and recently completed a three year whirlwind of moving, commuting long distances, and childbirth. Needless to say healthy habits got lost in the frenzy of activity and now I am where I am and somewhat in a stable routine (I feel like with kids you never truly have a set routine ever again). Trying to get back to living a healthy lifestyle and taking it a bit more slowly than I did previously while also incorporating the new reality of hypothyroidism.

I have been tracking my food for the past month on myfitnesspal and will be working in yoga, exercise, and better bedtime habits over the next few months. Looking forward to trying to plan hikes in the warmer weather with the wee one. Thanks for being awesome nerds and let’s do this!

• Like 4

Level 12 Artisan Adventurer

Introduction  Battle Log   NF Character

"You're off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way." - Dr. Seuss

On 28/12/2016 at 3:48 PM, arcknitect said:

Where to begin…..I’m a 30 year old mother of one little boy and recently completed a three year whirlwind of moving, commuting long distances, and childbirth. Needless to say healthy habits got lost in the frenzy of activity and now I am where I am and somewhat in a stable routine (I feel like with kids you never truly have a set routine ever again). Trying to get back to living a healthy lifestyle and taking it a bit more slowly than I did previously while also incorporating the new reality of hypothyroidism.

Oh no! Hypothyroidism is a horrible condition! I can only imagine how tough that must be with very young children. :o  You're absolutely right about not having ANY set routine once you have kids, you only ever seem to be chasing around trying to catch up with everything. You have no chance to do anything for yourself either. Ugh!

On 28/12/2016 at 3:48 PM, arcknitect said:

I have been tracking my food for the past month on myfitnesspal and will be working in yoga, exercise, and better bedtime habits over the next few months. Looking forward to trying to plan hikes in the warmer weather with the wee one. Thanks for being awesome nerds and let’s do this!

Well done on tracking your food, that's a great first step! I've recently started a better bedtime routine and it's been AMAZING! I would never have believed what a difference getting to bed just half an hour earlier makes. 

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy being part of the community. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support. Have you thought about joining in the next 4 Week Challenge? They are a great way of getting involved and meeting your goals at the same time. Plus it's fun! :D 

I hope you get some hikes planned too, that sounds like brilliant fun. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks Guzzi! The 4 Week Challenge is definitely on my to-do list. I also bullet journal and have been trying to track my monthly goals that way.  Thankfully once my condition was diagnosed and on the right meds it hasn't been too bad. More energy and more consistent moods. I've been able to carve out some time in the morning and after the little guy goes to bed for some workouts. So far so good! 

• Like 1

"You're off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way." - Dr. Seuss

On 12/28/2016 at 9:48 AM, arcknitect said:

(I feel like with kids you never truly have a set routine ever again).

Well, you don't just get a routine. You have to enforce one while being super flexible. Getting used to routines with the first was the hardest because everything is still so new. It sounds like your boy is still very young so his routine is going to constantly change. In my experience, the first six months are the absolute hardest and it gets so much easier after they are about a year. You definitely have to make time as opposed to finding time with little ones. I am glad you have your thyroid under control. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

I must check out bullet journaling. My brain is kinda wonky most days because of all the pain meds and I find it difficult to keep track of things. Do you think it would be good for me?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 1/3/2017 at 10:37 PM, Trixie Falsae said:

Well, you don't just get a routine. You have to enforce one while being super flexible. Getting used to routines with the first was the hardest because everything is still so new. It sounds like your boy is still very young so his routine is going to constantly change. In my experience, the first six months are the absolute hardest and it gets so much easier after they are about a year. You definitely have to make time as opposed to finding time with little ones. I am glad you have your thyroid under control. Keep up the good work!

I'm certainly looking forward to a more consistent schedule, though I can't complain too much. He takes his morning naps really well and wake up and goes to bed quite consistently. Poor thing is working on 3 teeth and starting to learn to crawl and feed himself. Bound to be some changes and some missed afternoon naps! 

On 1/4/2017 at 0:31 AM, Guzzi said:

I must check out bullet journaling. My brain is kinda wonky most days because of all the pain meds and I find it difficult to keep track of things. Do you think it would be good for me?

Perhaps. What I like is how flexible it is, but sometimes it's hard to remember to refer to things like task lists. For items that I want to keep records of, and weekly planning it works nicely. I've found that ToDoist and Trello work well for me for task management and lists, but my budget spread will be super helpful moving forward and all my meal plans are listed in the BJ. Hope this helps, it's all in trying things until you find what system works for you. For me that ended up being a hybrid of paper and electronic. 

• Like 1