Arcknitect Gets it in Gear

Where to begin…..I’m a 30 year old mother of one little boy and recently completed a three year whirlwind of moving, commuting long distances, and childbirth. Needless to say healthy habits got lost in the frenzy of activity and now I am where I am and somewhat in a stable routine (I feel like with kids you never truly have a set routine ever again). Saw the scale go from a comfortable 130 to 150, and now 190 after having my son. Trying to get back to living a healthy lifestyle and taking it a bit more slowly than I did previously while also incorporating the new reality of hypothyroidism. Thankfully now that I am on correct meds I should see some improvement. It was a killer to not see that number go down after trying so hard after he was born to chisel away at it. After losing steam back in October it's time to give it a go again.

To that end, I have been tracking my food for the past month on myfitnesspal and will be working in yoga, exercise, and better bedtime habits over the next few months. So far I've been able to refine my eating habits down to a better BMR of 1,558 after being over 2,000 initially. Progress! Thanks for being awesome nerds and let’s do this!

Level 12 Artisan Adventurer

Introduction  Battle Log   NF Character

"You're off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way." - Dr. Seuss

So far so good. I've been getting ready for bed at 9:30 every day this week and asleep by 10. Getting up at 4:30 as well in order to have a half our of time to myself to exercise before starting my day. Walking at lunchtime has been wonderful, though with winter weather starting up that may be intermittent.

Forced myself to actually go to a kickboxing class yesterday. It turned out to be a lot of fun, even though I had to modify it heavily in order to not die. A friend of mine has been going for awhile and warned me not to try to keep up. She is in much better physical shape and it even took her 4 classes before she was close to the rest so it doesn't bother me. I'll get there. Getting that as a Groupon turned out to be wonderful because well, I hate throwing away money and so I had to use it, right? After a few more classes I'll decide if it's for me or if there are other activities I might like to try more. Classes work for me since I can schedule them in and my husband is thankfully super supportive and great with taking point with our son while I go.  

Need to watch my calories more. I ate mostly healthy yesterday, though more than usual (up to 2,000 calories). But I'll counter that with a ton of extra exercise (14,000 steps and 115 active minutes).

How do you guys balance calories when you workout? I feel like I shouldn't go over even when I work out, but an curious if this is correct or not. TIA!

"You're off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way." - Dr. Seuss

Well, Day 1 back at the gym! Was proud of myself for going to the free weights instead of the machines. After a few months of NF workouts I'm definitly more comfortable there then figuring out how to work new machines, plus it's just a better workout. Checking what weights I'm comfortable with and started with the ones below. Planning to up it later in the week.  Now to figure out how to use Fitocracy!

Goblet squats 25lb 12x3

Overhead press 2 10lbs 12x3
Deadlift 2 20lb 12x3
Seated leg press 75lb 20reps
160 12x3

Back in the saddle...

We bought a canoe. Woot! My husband and I are leaving our little man with my parents for a long weekend in May and going on a paddle trip with some friends. It will be the first time in a looooong time that we will be out on the water together. In the past we have borrowed a canoe from a friend, but now that we live in a more rural area with plenty of lakes and streams it was time to get our own. I'm so excited! Found one used on craigslist that ticks all the boxes, including being able to have the little guy in the middle once he gets older.  Now to finalize when we are going to EMS/REI to try on baby carrier packs and plan some hikes.....