I have decided to set up several sets of long-term goals. They center around recovering from a back injury, the desire to improve my health and overall fitness and to get my finances in order to buy my dream home. (This is currently a work in progress that will improve over the next couple of weeks) I have decided to start a Battle Log to keep track of my progress and to catch areas in need of improvement.

The biggest change I plan to make is in the creation of my Builder Goals.  In my reflections of my challenges this past year I have found that I can nail my goals in the short term, but after the challenge is over, I slide back into old habits. To prevent this I will create builder goals for physical fitness, healthy eating, water intake and generally good habits, that I want to maintain. I have decided that these will start out and primary goals during a challenge, but for the next challenge they will be moved into the builder goal. This goal won't earn more than 1 wisdom point, but I will also lose points if I don’t complete them. (I know this isn’t standard, but I’m not a standard rebel so bring it!)

By the end of 2017 I want to…

I want to improve my mind/body connection through the following goals...

• Explore several forms of traditional meditation

• Explore several forms of movement based practices (yoga, qi-gong, tai chi) and decide which one I can best incorporate into my daily life.

• Practice journal writing 3 times a week

• Write 2 letters a month

• Read 1 book every other week (This means starting a new book no later than every 3 weeks)

• Work on limiting my TV time to 2 TV shows or 1 movie a day

I want to improve my hygiene and grooming practices.

• Brush twice a day, floss & rinse once a day (God! I hate rinsing)

• Set up a regular schedule for threading my eyebrows

• Set up 2 more treatments for laser hair removal

• I want to learn 3 nice hair styles for different activities (One professional, one active one sexy)

• I want to take “Makeup 101” class and get some good makeup

I want to continue improving my eating habits and water intake

• Develop healthier eating habits for workday vegetarian diet (less processed and junk foods, more fresh prepared meals)

• Learn to prepare 3 Afghan dishes, 3 Turkish dishes and to try 4 different cultural dishes

• I want to make it habit to log my food and water intake daily and my weight weekly. (I will be using fitbit)

To improve my finances I will work on these goals...

• I want to set up a “working” budget and practice following it. (I have a budget, but not super functional)

• I want to have $1000 set aside for emergencies by the end of the year

• I will either be in Grad School or a better apartment and job by the fall.

I want to improve my physical fitness through the following methods…

• Weight no more than 270lbs by the end of the year

• Making my physical therapy a daily habit

• Start a simple strength training regiment

• Swim weekly (This is open to change if I get a new job where I don’t have access to a pool)

• Explore 3 different forms of self defense or martial arts (Plan on starting one full time in 2018)

• Start exploring Parkour

• Become proficient in Florentine flogging

I also want to meet the following physical goals by the end of 2018

• Run 3 miles in 18:00 or less

• 80 sit-ups in 2:00

• 80 push-ups in 2:00

• 12 pull-ups

Finally I want to have a healthy social life so I will meet the following goals…

• Attend tango twice a month

• Cuddle/movies twice a month

• 1 group outing a month

• 1 class or club outing a month

Khajiit Assassin in Training

“Even the word Hopeless...isn't void of Hope."

Ambitious goals! There is a huge amount of work there to do, good luck!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.