It's the End of the World As We Know It, but I'm Going to Rebuild It and Make It Mine

I have been in and out of my challenges since I started with Nerd Fitness. I think, since joining, I have only completed two or three challenges. Obstacles have come my way, and while some were things I could not prevent, there were others that I could have. I need to remember that as I move into the new year. Carefully take on the obstacles that I can't prevent or change with a good head because I've successfully conquered complications that are in my ability to change.

As I respawn into the new year, I am going to do everything I can to stay on track. Whether it's with challenges, life, health, or something as simple as painting my nails when I feel like it, I cannot make excuses for not doing something. I need to conquer the Procrastination boss, squash the Lazy legion, and remind myself of all the good that outweighs the bad. Those will be my biggest challenges, but I can do it. It will take a lot of work, discipline, and pushing myself when I don't want to. There is a difference between having a general blah feeling, and really feeling terrible (physically and/or mentally), and I want my body to have a concrete idea of the difference. I have so many tools to help relieve those moments of sadness, worry, and stress. There will be moments when I may need a bit more to alleviate those feelings, but I will have a better idea of when I'm in need of those things. I also have the tools, through Nerd Fitness and others, to build up a healthy lifestyle. And a healthy lifestyle usually leads to a happier lifestyle.

I am going to go into 2017 with a positive and hopeful outlook that I can achieve whatever I put my mind to.

Happy New Year's Eve, fellow Nerds! I hope that 2017 is a better year for all of us, that I'm able to connect with more of you, and be able to remind myself this time next year of all the great things I've accomplished!

• Like 4