Respawning in a Massive Way

How cliche. Here I am, on December 31, posting about new beginnings. Trust me, I'm eye-rolling at myself.

However, I am ready for a change. A big change. Weirdly enough, this change is not brought on by a desire to drop dress sizes or be thinner or even to be healthier. It's a financial decision. I need to stop impulsively buying fast food. I need to stop expanding my waistline and having to size up my wardrobe. 

I made HUGE financial and personal gains in 2016. I have been very successful at my job (teacher). I have expanded by voice studio business by 400%. I started a theater company that raises money for charity. I've recovered my finances after YEARS of poor choices, and my credit score is finally into the 700's. It's been a great year in so many ways! 

But...

- I gained 20 more pounds (making me about 160 pounds overweight)

- I compulsively eat fast food.

- I make poor dietary chooses consistently.

Everything else in my life is (finally) under some semblance of control. It's time to get this side of my life ready to go!

Level One Druid

--- Str 0 :: Dex 0 :: Sta 0:: Con 0 :: Wis 0 :: Cha 0 --

Ravenclaw with a dash of Slytherin.  

Well, you didn't expect to conquer everything in just one year, did you?  Great job on your successes so far, and here's to adding on a few more!

• Like 1

"What's the goal here?  What's the lesson here?  What's the best use of my time right now?" <-- Rory Miller's "three sacred questions"

"Lacking in humility?  Don't worry, the bar will give you some." <-- Me.

HedgeMage, Orc Ranger

Battle Log | IRL Info

4 hours ago, HedgeMage said:

Well, you didn't expect to conquer everything in just one year, did you?  Great job on your successes so far, and here's to adding on a few more!

That's a really awesome way of looking at it. Thanks for that! :)

21 hours ago, One Dank Medic said:

Congrats on your financial gains! You seem like you had much success :triumphant:

Rock this new goal! 

Thanks! I'm looking forward to a positive year.

Level One Druid

--- Str 0 :: Dex 0 :: Sta 0:: Con 0 :: Wis 0 :: Cha 0 --

Ravenclaw with a dash of Slytherin.