Hello, this is One Dank Medic,

....or at least, that's what I hope to become.

Like him

CRS01.jpg

Or him 

d8a68d451c29395fed9a40489d1cfc10.jpg

But will probably end up like him at best 

Scrubs3.png

I am a 22-year-old female, recent college graduate and working as a Lab Technician is an urgent care. My main life goal is to become an excellent physician and live life to its fullest.

I found Nerdfitness about a year or so ago loved the concept. The idea of making your life into a game/adventure/quest was a childhood dream of mine! I also am nerdy ad love video games (LoZ is my favorite!)

z4e499.jpg

I am looking to finally maintain a healthy lifestyle. Ever since I was 16 I have yo-yo-ed on so many crash diets and never have been able to sustain any weight loss. Sugar is my kryptonite, and other than working a 12-hour shift, I don't do much exercise (And wouldn't you know people bring sugar to work EVERY DARN DAY). Exercise has never been a priority for me, except lately I have been developing anxiety and its only been getting worse. I know exercise will be able to help me manage that, so I need to formulate a plan that I will stick with. I appreciate any advice on how to fit in an exercise schedule on a tight time budget!

I am looking to improve my life. I moved out on my own about 6 months ago (one goal made!), but I still don't lead much of a life. After class/study or work I just go home and scroll on the internet/ watch Netflix until I fall asleep. That's no way to live, not what I think how a rebel should live. As I start this quest of life I would like to build it into a full and active life (once I get to med school though, that's going to have to be compromised).

I have one other goal that I will be tracking: my grades. While I am pre-med, my grades are low. I have been fighting for the past 2 years to build my GPA and still fighting. I am going to be tracking my study hours and habits to make me a better student! 

I humbly ask for your gracious support, I will in return to my best to support this community!

• Like 1

Hey there, from your friendly volunteer search-and-rescue medic!

I'm currently sidelined with a knee injury, but slowly working my way back.  If you need a virtual accountability buddy, let me know.  I'm taking it slow right now so I don't aggravate the aforementioned injury, but that's probably good as my usual pace is a bit madcap for beginners.  I see that you're a Warrior, but you might consider hanging out with us Rangers a bit, too...our tendency to somewhat compulsively try to do ALL THE THINGS leads us to spend a lot of time refining and sharing strategies for fitting more into our lives, keeping up with many priorities, and staying sane through it all.

Best of luck,

HedgeMage

• Like 1

"What's the goal here?  What's the lesson here?  What's the best use of my time right now?" <-- Rory Miller's "three sacred questions"

"Lacking in humility?  Don't worry, the bar will give you some." <-- Me.

HedgeMage, Orc Ranger

Battle Log | IRL Info

Hey HedgeMage! Thanks for the welcome :excitement:

I'm starting out as a Rebel right now, I'm not too sure which guild to go in. I might do a challenge with each guild first before deciding, but I'll definitely spend a good time with the Rangers! I'd appreciate the accountability too~ us both being in the healthcare field will make it fun :D (Search and Rescue, how cool is that??)

• Like 1

Nifty. I always mix up the new rebel and warrior icons since they changed them.

SAR is just a sideline...in my day job, I'm a hacker.  It's an interesting combo because both involve incident response.  They all think I'm Ms. Cool Cucumber at work, though, because it's hard to get a rise out of me when no one's intestines are on the floor. ;)

• Like 1

"What's the goal here?  What's the lesson here?  What's the best use of my time right now?" <-- Rory Miller's "three sacred questions"

"Lacking in humility?  Don't worry, the bar will give you some." <-- Me.

HedgeMage, Orc Ranger

Battle Log | IRL Info

Hi! Welcome on board! 

It it seems to me that you might enjoy taking part in the next challenge. You can create a character, write your Epic Quest then break your quest down into small, manegable goals and assign points for each goal you achieve during the challenge. You can even get one of those nifty progress bars in your sig to show how far you've come/have to go. 

Cutting sugar is a really hard thing to do, not only because people push it on you constantly, but because it's seriously addictive and has some horrible withdrawal symptoms. It's absolutely worth it though! Some people are able to do it cold turkey but not everyone. If you can't do it in one go then work on slowly reducing your intake. There's no shame in that. 

As for exercise, it doesn't really matter whether you get your daily quota all in one sitting or if you break it down into bite sized chunks. Can you think of ways to fit 10-15 mins of exercise into your day? Going for a walk on your coffee break? (Comes with the added bonus of not getting tempted to eat the cookies/donuts/muffins is the break room) Could you fit 15 mins of yoga before you leave for work, or the 20 minute hotel room workout?

if there's anything you want to know then please just ask. I'm an idiot so I probably won't know the answer but somebody will. :D 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

8 hours ago, Guzzi said:

It it seems to me that you might enjoy taking part in the next challenge. You can create a character, write your Epic Quest then break your quest down into small, manegable goals and assign points for each goal you achieve during the challenge. You can even get one of those nifty progress bars in your sig to show how far you've come/have to go. 

Thanks for all the tips Guzzi!

I saw elsewhere on the forums that some people posted their roadmaps. Should I do that in addition to making a character? And would the character account be connected to this forum account?

I wish you all the best and to become a great doctor. I am sure that you will succeed if you do your job conscientiously. I always treat doctors with respect because these are people who save our lives. This is the most helpful specialty for me. My son wants to become a doctor, and I respect his choice very much. I will contribute to everything for him to succeed as a doctor. He is still a child, and we plan to enroll in medical school next year. After I found a Guide to a medical school interview, it became clear what I needed to enroll in medical school.