D&D with the Doodlies - Challenge 1 2017

Attack 24:00 GMT

The first worm bites MickChele again 

The second worm bites Lyla

The shark also bites Lyla

8 hours ago, MickChele said:

Aghhhhhhhh! Get offa me!  *2 hits* (6 inchworms)  (I appreciate the opportunity to fight worms with worms!)

The worm is close to death, but he's not there yet.

6 hours ago, Jessebel said:

So sorry!

Overwhelmed by the show of support,  Jessebel stood stunned on the bottom of the sea.

Snapping out of it, she narrows her eyes, grabs her dagger and stabs the nearest beast! 

(9 inch worms. And I'll be better apt checking in these final days)

Jessebel stabs the first worm 2 times. It is dead. Her last blow goes to the second worm.  

Attack 09:00 GMT

The worm bites @MickChele again, she is close to death (sorry, the dice really doesn't seem to like you)

The shark bites Jessebel

@MickChele You can chose to use an ability to heal. You have the magic skill, but I see you haven't added a spellbook to your character sheet. If you do so, and add the healing spell to it you can heal yourself a bit. (more details about this are in the rulebook)

OR you can chose to run. Werther or not you'll succeed will depend on your endurance skill. When you have successfully ran from the fight you can use freggies to heal up, but you can't do that during the fight. 

and/or someone else can use an ability to help you heal. Or create a distraction to increase you chances of running away. 

Spoiler

Sylvaa 0/8
Shello 1/8
MickChele 5/6
Jessebel 2/8

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

Is there still a worm alive?  I have 3 hits to any remaining worms!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Sorry for being absent yesterday. I was sick (still not well unfortunately, but okay enough to crawl behind my laptop). I'll scratch the attacks from yesterday, and resume with them today. 

The battle update:

16 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Is there still a worm alive?  I have 3 hits to any remaining worms!  

The second worm is still alive. But not for long after this hit. 

16 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Sylvaa added in two more hits to the remaining worm and two hits to the shark.

The second worm is dead now too.

The shark is really pisses off because you hurt him.

3 hours ago, Jessebel said:

"Here, sharky..."

**stab stab stab stab**

(Four stabs. Two nice things. Calmed a classmate who was experiencing a great deal of school related anxiety. Wrote two thank you notes to a professor and a former clinical supervisor for their general awesomeness.)

That is one unhappy shark. 

3 hours ago, MickChele said:

*Attempts to use magic to heal self*  (Terah, I hope I am understanding this correctly).

You don't have a spell book in your character sheet yet, but I'm going to pretend you have and that you have add your healing skill.

You heal yourself 1 HP

Attack 07:00 GMT

The shark bites Phil. He is dead now.

Spoiler

Sylvaa 0/8
Shello 1/8
MickChele 4/6
Jessebel 2/8

• Like 2
Spoiler

6 hours ago, Terah said:

Attack 07:00 GMT

The shark bites Phil. He is dead now.

Awww, poor Phil. Such a nice chap.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

19 hours ago, Terah said:

You don't have a spell book in your character sheet yet, but I'm going to pretend you have and that you have add your healing skill.

You heal yourself 1 HP

Reveal hidden contents

Sylvaa 0/8
Shello 1/8
MickChele 4/6
Jessebel 2/8

I hope you feel better Terah!

It's not very obvious, but I marked a spellbook under my " equipment." Let me know if that is not what you are thinking.

**pokes head in**

**INHALES**

OMG WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A D&D DOOLIE PVP THINGY! AND EVERYONE IS A MERMAID!

I JUST BINGE READ THIS CHALLENGE AND I WANT IN! IT'S JUST LIKE THE ONE TEROS USE TO DM BUT WITH DOODLIES!

RPG'S IS THE ONLY WAYS I DO MY WORKOUTS NOWADAYS WITH STORIES LINES LIKE "FIT FOR BATTLE" "ZOMBIES RUN 5K" "SUPERHERO WORKOUT" "DUNGEON RUNNER" AND "MARCH QUEST"

WHEN'S THE NEXT CAMPAIGN? ARE THERE ANY SPOTS AVAILABLE? CAN I BE A DRAGON BORN? (I'M ALWAYS IN FOR A QUEST IF THERE'S GOLD AND JEWELS AND SHINY STUFF INVOLVED)

giphy.gif

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MickChele said:

I hope you feel better Terah!

It's not very obvious, but I marked a spellbook under my " equipment." Let me know if that is not what you are thinking.

Thanks.

Oh, I see it!

2 hours ago, Korranation said:

**pokes head in**

**INHALES**

OMG WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A D&D DOOLIE PVP THINGY! AND EVERYONE IS A MERMAID!

I JUST BINGE READ THIS CHALLENGE AND I WANT IN! IT'S JUST LIKE THE ONE TEROS USE TO DM BUT WITH DOODLIES!

RPG'S IS THE ONLY WAYS I DO MY WORKOUTS NOWADAYS WITH STORIES LINES LIKE "FIT FOR BATTLE" "ZOMBIES RUN 5K" "SUPERHERO WORKOUT" "DUNGEON RUNNER" AND "MARCH QUEST"

WHEN'S THE NEXT CAMPAIGN? ARE THERE ANY SPOTS AVAILABLE? CAN I BE A DRAGON BORN? (I'M ALWAYS IN FOR A QUEST IF THERE'S GOLD AND JEWELS AND SHINY STUFF INVOLVED)

Next campaign will start Monday February 13th. 

So get started on you character sheet :D 

• Like 2
Spoiler

Attack 20:00 GMT (Friday)

The shark attacks @Sylvaa

Attack 02:00 GMT

The shark attacks @MickChele

Spoiler

Sylvaa 1/8
Shello 1/8
MickChele 5/6
Jessebel 2/8

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Terah said:

Next campaign will start Monday February 13th. 

So get started on you character sheet :D 

That gives me some time to plan out my character more.

Here's the character sheet I've put together so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iqg_l-OBE2UzdHLRPbgZ8KiOvlD955yiCSvpTUURDVY/edit?usp=sharing

I used to play D&D 3.5 a few years ago and I've been itching for a fix.

I've got a few questions about the abilites, skills, and spells. (Sorry in advance to tapatalk and mobile users since the spoiler doesn't hide that well.)

Spoiler
  • Is there general discussion about the D&D group? Is there a line chat or a PM for it?
  • For primary abilities would working on a daily regimen of strength training/ cardio/ learning/ meditation go towards them if you are not focusing on skills?
  • Can you only work on leveling up primary abilities during the campaign timeframe? does that mean your character cannot level up during the break between campaigns?
  • For the reasoning ability, is it okay to use duolingo and once the level is a good number I can shift the focus of duolingo to secondary language (while not adding those hours to reason?
  • What is meant by "specific items for any of the skills" in the rule book? Is this only referring to the instrument playing skill?
  • Where is the new freggie list updated for the herbology skill?
  • Can jumping rope be applied to both the agility and jumping skill? or is there another activity that can be done for agility that is balance related but not an obstacle course or gymnastics? (unless there's a super special super secret doodlie gymnastic routine in preparation for the underground doodlie circus)
  • Can listening to certain genres of podcasts go towards history and science knowledge? (e.g. how stuff works now for science and stuff you missed in history class history)
  • can job hunting count as adulting for the tracking/trap finding skill? this includes editing CV/cover letter, sending applications, answering emails regarding interviews?
  • Can I do meditation twice a day and leave the morning meditation for psyche and evening meditation for stealth?
  • For the spotting skill, does it count if we catch (max) 130 of the same type of Pokemon? or is there a minimum catch for the day or week so the spotting skill doesn't get too OP too quick?
  • For the evade skill, can we do multiple workouts in a day or is there a minimum of evading leveling per week?
  • Is healing affected by your healing skill or your magic skill? It seems to contradict that there is a healing spell that is a 1Dx where the x is your magic level and there is a generic healing skill that the 1DX is affected by your healing skill level?
  • How does the psyche ability affect magical ability? Should it only be used for speech/persuasion? or should the magic skill be leveled up to use the Jedi mind tricks?

Attack 09:00 GMT (saturday)

The shark attacks @Jessebel

Attack 17:00 GMT (saturday)

The shark bites Jessebel again

Attack 05:00 GMT (sunday)

The shark bites Lyla

Come on guys, the shark is almost dead. Let's finish this story today!

• Like 1
Spoiler

6 hours ago, Korranation said:
  • Is there general discussion about the D&D group? Is there a line chat or a PM for it?

No there isn't. If you have questions you can PM me, or just post in the D&D thread.

• For primary abilities would working on a daily regimen of strength training/ cardio/ learning/ meditation go towards them if you are not focusing on skills?

Everything you do IRL that counts for one of those categories counts. Even if you are doing them for an other pvp on this site.

• Can you only work on leveling up primary abilities during the campaign timeframe? does that mean your character cannot level up during the break between campaigns?

As long as you are doing your own challenge here on NF and/or there is a story running you can work on developing your skills. 

• For the reasoning ability, is it okay to use duolingo and once the level is a good number I can shift the focus of duolingo to secondary language (while not adding those hours to reason?

Yes you can. As long as you count the work you are doing for just one ability, and not both at the same time. But you can switch whenever you feel like it.

• What is meant by "specific items for any of the skills" in the rule book? Is this only referring to the instrument playing skill?

I can't find that sentence. Where did you read it?

• Where is the new freggie list updated for the herbology skill?

On your character sheet. (you can make your own list)

• Can jumping rope be applied to both the agility and jumping skill? or is there another activity that can be done for agility that is balance related but not an obstacle course or gymnastics? (unless there's a super special super secret doodlie gymnastic routine in preparation for the underground doodlie circus)

Yes, you can use it for both. But just as with duolingo you can use it to develop one skill at the time. You can switch whenever you want.

If you want to do something else to develop your agility skill than listed in the rule book, just ask. I'll add it to the rulebook if I think it fits.

Same goes for when you want to develop a skill that is not in the rulebook. Just let me know your ideas :)

• Can listening to certain genres of podcasts go towards history and science knowledge? (e.g. how stuff works now for science and stuff you missed in history class history)

Yes, absolutely!

• can job hunting count as adulting for the tracking/trap finding skill? this includes editing CV/cover letter, sending applications, answering emails regarding interviews?

Yes, it does count!

• Can I do meditation twice a day and leave the morning meditation for psyche and evening meditation for stealth?

Yes you can.

• For the spotting skill, does it count if we catch (max) 130 of the same type of Pokemon? or is there a minimum catch for the day or week so the spotting skill doesn't get too OP too quick?

You can catch as many of any type as you want. No limits. 

• For the evade skill, can we do multiple workouts in a day or is there a minimum of evading leveling per week?

You can do as many as you like. Just finish one word completely before moving on to the next. 

• Is healing affected by your healing skill or your magic skill? It seems to contradict that there is a healing spell that is a 1Dx where the x is your magic level and there is a generic healing skill that the 1DX is affected by your healing skill level?

Some want only one of those skills. To be honest I only added the healing skill to the spellbook so people won't die that fast. I really don't like killing my players :P 

You can develop one or both, and use them both according to the rules. That way you can heal yourself or someone else two times in a row for example. 

• How does the psyche ability affect magical ability? Should it only be used for speech/persuasion? or should the magic skill be leveled up to use the Jedi mind tricks?

I hadn't really thought about that. Any suggestions?

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Terah said:

I can't find that sentence. Where did you read it?

I hadn't really thought about that. Any suggestions?

The rulebook refers to "specific items" is the second paragraph under "specific skill progression" section.

Is there a skill or ability that bunches together speech skills like bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate? These seem to be the skills needed when talking with npc when fighting isn't the best option.

Psyche relates to the mind and spirit and not communication. But the rule book defines it as " Measures force of will. It also affects mental powers and magical abilities" and to level up the player must " Do yoga or meditate" But doing magic requires the player to also" to do yoga or meditate."

You could redefine psyche to be along the lines of connecting with your mind and spirit to better connect with the doodlie land and those that inhabit it.

I'll just divide my hours of meditation and yoga between the skill/ability in the mean time unless there is another alternative between psyche/magic.

The rulebook refers to "specific items" is the second paragraph under "specific skill progression" section.

I see it now!

This is for example if you take up playing an instrument (like a lute or something) you need that instrument to play on. Your dm has to let you find it.

Is there a skill or ability that bunches together speech skills like bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate? These seem to be the skills needed when talking with npc when fighting isn't the best option.

We use Psyche for that, plus the general idea of the character. It's pretty loose and open to interpretation of the DM

Psyche relates to the mind and spirit and not communication. But the rule book defines it as " Measures force of will. It also affects mental powers and magical abilities" and to level up the player must " Do yoga or meditate" But doing magic requires the player to also" to do yoga or meditate."

You could redefine psyche to be along the lines of connecting with your mind and spirit to better connect with the doodlie land and those that inhabit it.

The rulebook is a work in progress, so there are bound to  be some stuff that doesn't really fit. You're right: we should change this.

53_warning-512.pngI changed the psyche description to how we've been using it until now:

Psyche

This measures empathy. It’s the way you can interact with the world around you. You can use it to talk to others, bluff, get others to do what you want.

And yes, the challenge for psyche and doing magic are almost identical. I'm going to change those.

53_warning-512.pngTo increase psyche you now have to do yoga

53_warning-512.pngTo increase magic you now have to meditate

Spoiler

As the challenge has come to an end, I will end the story here:

Seeing her significant other die from a shark bite, Lyla goes mad and charges after the shark. With a few well aimed stings the shark dies. In his final moment the shark manages to seriously hurt Lyla, and she too dies.

The warlock sees what's happening and tries to swim away scared of what you might do to him. But his father won't let this happen "Come back here, you piece of land dwelling shit!" He grabs his son and gives him a good shake "I know I said I didn't want anything to do with you, but destroying my world?! I was right to leave your mother if she raised you like this. But I should never have left you with her. You want to live with me so desperately? Fine! But you restore the sea as it was before." The warlock looks small and weak next to this musculair merman. Would he not have been under water, you would see tears streaming down his cheeks "Yes father! I will. But my magic is tapped out now, I need to rest first."

Suddenly an older merman with a crown and a trident swims towards you. He is surrounded by other mermen. 

The father bows his head "King Triton, I'm sorry for the trouble my son has cost. He will make it right, I will make sure of that."

The king nods. "I can see you are sorry" he says to the warlock "Since your father vouched for you I will let you go for now. But I want the sea restored to it's old glory within a month."

"Thank you my King." The warlock replies "I will do that"

King Triton turns towards you. "Thank you, adventurers, for solving this problem. Guards! Give them their rewards!"

Each one of you is given a bag. In it is a reversal potion to make you land dwellers once more. Also you each get 50 coins, and a party hat (feel free to describe the one you got). 

"And now: Party in the merpeople castle!" King triton puts on his own party hat on top of his crown, and so do all the guards that are with him. And you all swim towards the castle in one big parade where a huge party is waiting for you. 

18159944-The-End-Written-on-the-beach-Stock-Photo.jpg

• Like 4
Spoiler

Bleeding and exhausted, Jessebel stumbles into the party wearing her "to soon?" party hat. 

1_big.png

Thanks for putting this together! It was very creative and fun! Sorry for the delays in response on my end! I will work on updating my character sheet and carve a time into my daily routine to update regularly next time around. 

• Like 4

New thread

Also, who wants to be the DM next challenge? You can boss us around and we will be happy to do everything you tell us :D 

• Like 2
Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Yay for finishing the challenge! But boo - because I randomly complemented a stranger today for no reason!

Thanks Terah for your hard work!

LOL  Such a waste of a good deed. :P  

• Like 2