Coffee Acquired. Words incoming. Prepare for impact.

Good morning all! I'm staring 2017 in the face with  cup of reheated coffee, cello music on Pandora and the knowledge that today is a good day to do something.

My name is Vaereyes. I am best described as a veteran on the rocks with a twist of LGBTQ+ and a dash of Leather. (Sarcasm available free of charge.)

97f24e016dbd3f9026a3dfd1fb2549c5.jpg

I want to start better habits, and being an absolute geek I found Nerd Fitness a few months ago. I toyed with the idea of joining, but ultimately decided I wasn't ready. I've come back once more, with some small goals in mind. I've been playing rugby for about 2 years consistently, and I'm not strong enough to make a tackle or keep on a ball carriers heels as they make it to the try zone. This is due, in large part, to my give a damn being busted. (I'm so lazy, y'all. You don't even know.) I decided that this year I'm going to make that hit, and take someone to ground; and I'm going to channel my inner air elemental and beat that bitch down the field to do it all over again!

51nA8n8.gif

I also started roller derby boot camp in July of 2016, and I want be proficient enough to make the team. My two epic quests, I suppose, are sports related. My side quests and minor plot points all revolve around establishing good habits. Once I get into a routine it's pretty easy to keep it, but it's the getting into a routine that takes effort! I'm looking to incorporate yoga for flexibility, sprints for endurance (I HATE DISTANCE RUNNING), and weight lifting for power. I think all of these things are going to be complimentary for my needs. I look forward to meeting all of you lovely NF humans! (I leave you with this gif of the fantastic Sam Riegel from my favorite show, Critical Role.)

3otOKG0UrLL6TEWQP6.gif

• Like 1

Introduction | Character Sheet | Battle Log

Half-orc. Level 4 Bard/ Level 9 Paladin.

"Big damn heroes, sir." - Zoe Washburne

On 1/1/2017 at 3:29 PM, HedgeMage said:

Welcome from a fellow Ranger, and good luck in the new year.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Loopus said:

Be welcome, Vaereyes!

Grab a drink, find a chair and make comfy :D

I will need a strong coffee, I think. Tuesday is my Monday, due to a short work week.

From my reheated coffee to yours; cheers!

I love watching Rugby, even though I have no idea how it properly works, but as long as the players know, that's all that matters. (Right?)

Feel free to pop over to the Rangers guild and say howdy in our general chat thread if you like!  The next 4 week challenge starts on Sunday if you're interested in jumping in head first too; it looks like you've got some goals that could easily fit into a 4 week challenge quest.

Welcome and enjoy NF!!! :)

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome! I hope you enjoy being a part of this community. Have you checked out the 4 Week Challenges yet? I agree with Shaar that you would probably find the challenges helpful in achieving your goals. Plus they're a great way of getting involved in the community. Also have you seen the LGBTQ thread, it's in The Pub section. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 1/4/2017 at 2:55 PM, shaar said:

From my reheated coffee to yours; cheers!

I love watching Rugby, even though I have no idea how it properly works, but as long as the players know, that's all that matters. (Right?)

Feel free to pop over to the Rangers guild and say howdy in our general chat thread if you like!  The next 4 week challenge starts on Sunday if you're interested in jumping in head first too; it looks like you've got some goals that could easily fit into a 4 week challenge quest.

Welcome and enjoy NF!!! :)

I shall pop off to the ranger's and at least say hi. I adore watching rugby as well, even though I have a short attention span for sports. I'll have to check out the 4 week challenge thread!

• Like 1

@TokiDokiKitty I won't be at USA Seven's. I'm a 15's player, and 7's isn't as interesting. I've got some other vacation time planned too that'll put the stop to extra travel this year.

@Kard I thought that first gif was a perfect compliment to my introduction. Glad it made you laugh. I admit I have no idea what it's from, or the context.

@Guzzi I'll pop over to LGBTQ+ thread in The Pub while I'm at it.

• Like 2

Hey Vaereyes,

I am going to reveal my nerdness to everyone. The gent on the gif is Daemon, a charismatic rogue on the show Vampire Diaries. He is my favourite character on the show.  His misadventures turn a Twilight clone into something entertaining to watch. Cheers!

Take a deep breath, center, LEAP!

On 1/7/2017 at 0:18 AM, Kard said:

Hey Vaereyes,

I am going to reveal my nerdness to everyone. The gent on the gif is Daemon, a charismatic rogue on the show Vampire Diaries. He is my favourite character on the show.  His misadventures turn a Twilight clone into something entertaining to watch. Cheers!

nerd.gif?w=650

Thanks for letting me know where it comes from! I had an ex who was in love with the show, so I know of it. I never picked it up myself.