New Year New Start

I’ve decided that I will actually take care of myself in 2017.  Last March I ended a 9 year relationship.  A lot of 2016 was spent processing and recovering from that.  I feel like I’m finally over it and can move on with my life.

I have health issues I need to address this year.  Starting with fatty liver disease.  My doctor has assured me that if I stop drinking and lose weight I’ll be fine.  So, my first health goal is to stop drinking.  This will likely be my biggest hurdle.  I’ve been leaning on my post work wine pretty heavily for a long time.  Hopefully checking in with daily battle log entries will help me stay on track.  

Along with leaving alcohol behind my doctor suggested the paleo diet.  My aim will be somewhere in the 80/20 paleo range.  I feel like that will be sustainable for me.  Unlike my previous efforts to change my diet I’ll be making small changes over time.

One last thing.  I’m looking for a buddy to help with accountability.  Someone whose battle log I will read and who will read mine.  I feel like I will actually stick with this if I know someone will notice if I stop keeping up with my log.  I promise to be supportive and honest if you want to be that buddy. 

Hello JennJenn!!  

We are all here to support you.  I actually made the choice to quit drinking about 2.5 weeks ago.  It had gotten completely out of hand and I was called out on it by my family.  I have not had a drink since and it has been really great!  I have already lost a few pounds and my bank account is better too!  

I am willing to be an accountabillibuddy if you want one.  I am trying to not drink for the entire year for starters, but just for an overall transformation as well.  My life is not where I want to be and I am tired of being unhappy and my actions not aligning with my goals.

I plan on typing up a summary of every day's activities in Daily Battle Log's and summarizing how I did, if I am moving closer towards my goals.  So it won't be just a workout log for me, it will be a life transformation log.  I have started this several times before and never stuck with it, so maybe an accountability partner would help keep me on track.  Let me know if you're game!

• Like 1

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee