• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

And So it Begins: Tanktimus Prepares for his Wedding

As most of you know, I got engaged last month. The wedding will be late June or Early July. I’ve been getting stronger and more flexible for over a year and a half since I came back to the forums in May of 2015. I got faster for a while, but I realized I don’t like running, so I walk, but there isn’t a good adjective to describe such improvements (walkier just doesn’t sound right). What I ate was a part of my goals, but it was always vague, such as paleo 80% of the time. What I discovered was that even with paleo I can still overconsume, so last challenge I started tracking calories as well. The goal then was to track two days a week, and I have done way more than that. What I eat is the last part of the puzzle, while I am more fit, I am roughly the same size with a bigger waist than is healthy. I’m not going to over do it at first, the goal will be tracking three days a week.

The bigger change is that last challenge I decided I am no longer a fat person, and therefore I no longer do fat person things. I am a healthy person, and therefore I do healthy person things. I want my waist to be healthy (and smaller) for the wedding. I know I’ll be stronger than than I am know, because, barring injury, I’m gonna keep lifting. I’m gonna keep up with Yoga and walking. It’s time to focus more willpower on healthy eating. Here are my goals for the challenge:

Strength: 8 lift days. Pretty straightforward here. I will do Bench and Squat on Mondays or Tuesdaysand Deadlift and OverHead Press on Wednesdays or Thursdays. This worked really well last challenge so I’m going to leave this unchanged.

Mobility: 6 NF Yoga workouts. I’ll do one session each of Water A and B, one sessions each of Fire A and B, and one Session of Star B and Yin. Last challenge I and the one before I did Star A for the first time, this time I want to try Star B.

Walking: I have great places to walk, so it’s not hard to get out and do. There will be six walking days, a 2 mile, 4 3 mile walks, and a 4 mile walk are the goals.

Domestic Rangering: Still the goal here to do laundry, clean bathroom and kitchen and mop and vacuum once per week.

Eating: I will cook paleo and only allow myself two variances per week. This seems to be working, the trick is not to use a variance to go crazy. I’m going to track calories on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays. The goal is to track, when tracking I find I naturally keep myself on target.

Here’s what I’ll use in the signature instead of progress bars.

Strength: 8 Lift Days

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mobility: 8 Yoga Days

Water A | Water B | Fire A | Fire B | Star B | Yin

Walking: 4 Walk Days

2 Miles | 3 Miles | 3 Miles | 3 Miles | 3 miles | 4 Miles

Domestic Rangering: Laundry, Mop, Vacuum, Bathroom, Kitchen 1x Week

LMVBK | LMVBK | LMVBK | LMVBK

Eating: Cook Paleo with only two variances per week

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |

• Like 32

Yes. Congrats on ROTM! I read the article like two days ago but was too lazy to click links and type congrats.

I've been saying congrats to you a lot lately. Keep up the good work.

Walkier will do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xena said:

We can be tracking buddies.

...wait!!! Rebel of the Month! Congratulations :-)

Thanks, and yes, tracking buddies. My name on MFP is probably pretty easy to guess....

1 hour ago, x Valkyrie x said:

I love your Healthy Person Things!! Congrats again on the upcoming nuptials, and on being the Rebel of the Month!

Thank you! Healthy People FTW.

1 hour ago, shaar said:

We will stay on target!!

giphy.gif

I love your new avatar.

58 minutes ago, peelout said:

Great list of straight forward goals.  I will be pursuing.  (Tired of following so now I am pursuing.)

Well, I'll be walking, so it shouldn't be that hard to keep up.

46 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Love the  " I do healthy person things"  Also I for one am much more walkier than last year at this time:)

I'm reminded of The Council of Elrond (Book version) when either Elrond or Gandalf made the observation that they were going to set the nine walkers against the Nine Riders.

23 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Following.  gratz on ROTM. No surprise to anyone over here in the Rangers to see your name in lights. ;) well earned friend. 

Thank you :) 

14 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Yes. Congrats on ROTM! I read the article like two days ago but was too lazy to click links and type congrats.

I've been saying congrats to you a lot lately. Keep up the good work.

Walkier will do.

Walkier, Texas Ranger?

10 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, your progress, and on being Rebel of the Month!

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Leimanu said:

Congrats on being the first Rebel of the Month!

Awww, shucks.

• Like 4

Congrats too on the Ranger of the Month. That's not surprising, but very cool, how many people mentioned you on the survey. Those bribes I mean your encouragement really works.:lol:

• Like 8

A WEDDING I TOTALLY MISSED THIS IN MY OWN PROBLEMS WOW CONGRATS

Also congrats on the equally(???) awesome Member of the Month thing. :)

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The bigger change is that last challenge I decided I am no longer a fat person, and therefore I no longer do fat person things. I am a healthy person, and therefore I do healthy person things. I want my waist to be healthy (and smaller) for the wedding.

Can I just say I love this? I am definitely going to think on this in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats too on the Ranger of the Month. That's not surprising, but very cool, how many people mentioned you on the survey. Those bribes I mean your encouragement really works.:lol:

Encouragement could be a bribe...from a certain point of view.

33 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Following for romantical wedding stuff.  And Tank awesomeness.

Glad to have you following along.

31 minutes ago, Cataleya said:

A WEDDING I TOTALLY MISSED THIS IN MY OWN PROBLEMS WOW CONGRATS

Also congrats on the equally(???) awesome Member of the Month thing. :)

Can I just say I love this? I am definitely going to think on this in the coming weeks.

Getting Married>Rebel of the Month. I'm glad that thought is going to be helpful to you.

• Like 6

Hi, I am here :) I love how simple your goals are. I'm still working out what my goals will be, but I think I'll take a leaf from your book and have them be simple, with tiny baby steps.

• Like 1

I don't think I've said it yet: congrats on the wedding plans.

Also ranger of the month, wooooot.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 1

Whut?! I think I accidentally forgot to follow you last time so this is news to me but congratulations on your engagement! Excellent news :D 

• Like 1

Apparently taking a challenge vacation means missing on on some major developments... Please allow me to say a belated congratulations on your engagement, that's  fantastic news, and I'm really happy for you both :)

(also congrats on Rebel of the Month!)

• Like 1

Here for walkies .... oh walkier is the new word... ok. Recipes too please (but I'll keep them secret this side, until it suites me to pull it out). Otherwise I'm here to cheer you on as usual. :loyal:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My name on MFP is probably pretty easy to guess....

Is it "George"? :P

Following along because your challenges are always good (and is where all the cool kids hang).

• Like 3

Still giggling about Walkier Texas Ranger (WTR? ...I just googled it, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't secretly stand for anything dirty.)

I don't use MFP. My system is a little purple notebook ;-)

So what to you recommend from Whataburger? I was thinking to start with the classic/basic Whataburger. I'm not a fan of tangy/sweet, so anything labeled "sweet and spicy" doesn't really appeal. 

• Like 3