A Fairly House Challenge

House

Heyz There Nerds! (& nerdlets!) 

Going to give this challenge thing a shot because, frankly, @RedStone just won't leave me alone about it, and I am fairly certain that gijoe would love to see me create one as well. Yay for peer pressure! /sarcasm

All of that said, this is a new year, and I am all about not creating new years' resolutions; because those suck. They do, I'm sorry. However, I am going to create a couple of goals that happen to begin on the first day of the new year, and we're going to discuss those now: 

Life Goals:

This challenge, I have two life goals in particular (at least one of which plays off into my other goals): 

-Bullet Journaling: If you don't know what this is; it's amazing. (Read: Amazing! http://bulletjournal.com/). I have acquired a new notebook for this calendar year; and I am going to make an attempt to use it to do Bullet Journaling, and keeping track of different items. Surprise: I am going to use this to keep track of some of my dietary and fitness related goals throughout the challenge!

-Pass 70-346. Some of you will know what this is. For everyone else, it is one of two exams required to receive a Microsoft Certification of the MCSA variety. I've already passed the second (theoretically harder) exam; but have yet to pass this one. Hopefully in the next four weeks I will be able to pass the exam. My first attempt is scheduled for January 4 (this Wednesday)! 

Mini Goals and Challenges:

-Workout! My Goal is to work out three times per calendar week and get a good workout in. I will be using my journal (mentioned above) to keep track of what days I work out. For details, I will be using my own spreadsheet to track the small details of things. 

-Eat Better! My Goal during the work week is to take advantage of a number of smoothie and/or juice bar offerings that have popped up around my office for both breakfast and lunch replacements. Weekends will revert back to solid, healthy, food choices in moderation. Dinner on weekends and weekdays shall be something that is approximately 80% paleo.

-Sleep Better! My Goal is to be in bed around 9:30-10:00 and wake up around 5:30 (no later than 6:00 AM). Right now I have irregular sleeping habits, and I want to get those curbed. 

-No Soda! My Goal is to drink liquids throughout the day that are: generally non-carbonated & high fructose corn syrup based. To my co-workers that are reading this: the next four weeks are going to be hellish. 

All of that said, I think I may have failed at not making resolutions, but maybe I can resolve to not make any resolutions next year? I'll let ya'll figure that one out. 

Cheers!

Jonathan 

• Like 4

Battlelog

Spreadsheet: House Notes

3 minutes ago, House said:

Going to give this challenge thing a shot because, frankly, @RedStone just won't leave me alone about it, and I am fairly certain that gijoe would love to see me \

DAMN STRAIGHT. Weeeee!!!!!!!

fxYhyQm.gif

• Like 2

Peer pressure for the win. Good luck!

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

What the heck; I am starting my challenge now until the end of the time period. Why? 

Well, why not? 

(And it is -my- challenge after all, if you don't like it, go create your own challenge with your own rules!) 

So far, day one is going fairly well. Still studying for my exam; and still feeling quite sick, so I may or may not workout today. We shall see. 

• Like 1

Battlelog

9 hours ago, House said:

@RedStone I am totally going to call you out right now: where is you're challenge thread?! 

;D

Come at me!

Been eating better; at least more cleaner than what I have been.

I think I made an important realization today: I need to stop comparing myself to others; and instead compare myself to the person I was before and strive to make me better. Kinda empowering, that. 

Today was my first workout in a long time, did the following:

• Alternating Curls - 4x10 @ 25lbs
  • Overhead Dumbbell Press - 4x15 @ 50lbs (2x25 dumbbells)

Feels so good! So nice!

• Like 3

Battlelog

3 minutes ago, House said:

I think I made an important realization today: I need to stop comparing myself to others; and instead compare myself to the person I was before and strive to make me better. Kinda empowering, that. 

msy.gif

This is so important. Congrats on realizing it on your own. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 7.1.2017 at 2:28 AM, House said:

That's really a good realization. *thumbs up*

You have a lot planned for one challenge. I would set myself a plan B where you focus on three important things, for when you get stressed out. Just a small tip, becaause it's your first challenge. Your goals still seem rasonable and I guess you can manage it. And you have some good support. =)

Welcome to the Rebellion. I hope you have some fun during your first challenge. I loved my very first challange. Made a couple of friends and learned a bunch of new stuff.

Did you do paleo before? What exactly do you mean with 80%? Do you have any specific ingredients in mind you want to avoid or do you want the ingredients of one meal be at least 80% paleo. I know this phrase is quite common. I just wondered for a while, what people meant by it.

Greetings. =)

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Peer pressuring you. Where'd you run off to?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi