Flex becomes a hero

Flex Luthor

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

(I know this doesn't solve the problem, I'm hoping to bring a smile to your face)

Wear Ranger Panties, stand in front of mirror, imagine the rebellion giving you the thumbs up.

Seriously though, so happy for you that you got some good help on this, negative self-image is a bitch to deal with.

I do have that one picture from camp....

12 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

so glad to see so many people (IRL and on here) taking advantage of therapy and/or being more open about going regularly. the more we can talk about it, the less it becomes a stigma. it's my thought-process that everyone needs it. and i am a hypocrite because i don't do it... but, glad it is helping!

following along for the awesome :) 

I excel at not taking my own advice. Now I'm paying someone to give me the advice I won't take from myself :P (not really but kinda)

• Like 6

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

4 hours ago, Flex Luthor said:

I excel at not taking my own advice. Now I'm paying someone to give me the advice I won't take from myself :P (not really but kinda)

it's exceptionally smart and i need to get on it!

part of my beginning research will have to be how much and what my health insurance will cover.

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Update! Workouts are going well but most importantly I'm stating to separate my self worth from my performance in the gym or how I look. I noticed the other day that I'm smaller and weaker than I have been in at least a year. Normally this would have been a downward spiral for me mentally but I still feel really good about everything. Mental progress has been huge just in the 4 sessions of therapy I've had. Reminding myself every day that my body is a product of love. It's a lot easier to find peace when I come from that perspective.

• Like 12

Flex! He DOES exist! (Typical that I'm slow on the uptick to discover your thread. *grumble* *mutter* )

As someone who was in and out of therapy most of the time from ages 9 (yup, 9...) to 23, all I can say is that I wish now that I'd been more 'in' and less 'out'. It does my heart good to know that it's helping you already so early on.

Please also always remember that there are a LOT of people here who love you, who want you to truly KNOW that you deserve good things out of your life and who are always ready to talk with you whenever you'd like.

m&mshedoesexist.jpg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Flex Luthor said:

Reminding myself every day that my body is a product of love. It's a lot easier to find peace when I come from that perspective.

You have NO IDEA how thrilling it was to read this.

Whether you know it or not, you've worked wonders to help me approach fitness endeavors/body image from that perspective...and what do you know? I can now, for the first time since free weights began to interest me in 1992, actually use them properly without injury or fear of being shamed, and I'm getting stronger and stronger each time I do it.

SO happy that you're getting there emotionally, too :)

• Like 1

YOU'RE A HERO!

Also I <3 and don't get to talk to you enough.  I should send harassing messages to you more. *nods*

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Workouts are still going well.

Therapy is getting quite difficult. What people don't mention about it is that really digging into why you do the things you do is a really painful process. Hoping to get at least a glimpse at the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Flex Luthor said:

Workouts are still going well.

Therapy is getting quite difficult. What people don't mention about it is that really digging into why you do the things you do is a really painful process. Hoping to get at least a glimpse at the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Stick with it. In Warrior Terms, you're at the part of therapy where you're putting in all the work, but the maxs aren't going up yet, and you just gotta keep cranking out reps.

• Like 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 1/16/2017 at 4:40 AM, Flex Luthor said:

What people don't mention about it is that really digging into why you do the things you do is a really painful process. Hoping to get at least a glimpse at the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Having had to do a bit of that on my own; I can definitely agree that it is a painful process. However, once you get past that part; and really get past it - you'll be a much more amazing version of yourself. (And, in my experience, people will envy that quality, but it's awesome to have!)

Keep up the great work bro!

• Like 3

Battlelog

Spreadsheet: House Notes

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Very wise Flex. When your emotional strength matches your deadlift, you will indeed be unstoppable. 

My physical strength is a byproduct of my emotional unrest. The only way I've ever been able to keep myself sane is through lifting. As I'm finding out through therapy it fixed nothing but it allowed me to keep fighting and I'm eternally grateful for that.

11 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Are you NF updates way more interesting than your already amazing and instagram posts.. y'know, like @RedStone's !? I'll hit the follow (After week two, pfft) right now!

My NF updates are a lot of shop talk usually. I don't like to burden people with my shit. On Instagram I just throw it out to the ether.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flex Luthor said:

My NF updates are a lot of shop talk usually. I don't like to burden people with my shit. On Instagram I just throw it out to the ether.

Dude, burden away. Stuff gets real here on the forums. Part of the magic of this place is the support you get.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

33 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dude, burden away. Stuff gets real here on the forums. Part of the magic of this place is the support you get.

Oh I'm well aware of the magic here :) I just like to keep things close to the vest usually on public forums.

• Like 4

Good shit from you lately, brother. <3 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1