• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rinna

Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Well, repeat anyway.....Rinna's Groundhog Day

ygft8.jpg

Due to a glitch in the Matrix, we are revisiting the last challenge.

So.  I let it win.  Again.  This has got. to. stop.  Right now.  No more excuses.  It's no ones fault but mine.  I do it to myself.  NO MORE.  I have got to get control back before it's too late.  

Goals:

Physical activity, minimum of 5 days a week.  This can be hellmachine, walking at the lake,  bodyweight circuits,  aerobics,  Age of Pandora

(which I never started) or Just Dance on the wii.

Nutritionally, track it all, Period.  My calorie goal for now, and subject to change if needed, is 1500 per day.  This has been out of control for too long, and has to stop.

Mentally, Keep up with NF friends.  Remember that you are friends.  Do something, knit, color, bubble bath, you get the picture.  Anything to take care of ME. To remember that I am worth it.

apocalypseunicorn2%20copy_860.jpg

• Like 6

That unicorn is terrifying and also intimidating, I hope he lost his eye in an epic horn stand off.

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

LOOK OUT

HERE COMES RINNA TO PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH AND KICK YOU IN THE DOODOO

*intense orchestral swell and roaring of lions and other various jungle beasts*

<333333333333333333333333

20 hours ago, Shadri said:

YOU GOT DIS

If you want, I can pester you to make sure you do the things :panda: 

I know you got my back.  You already talked me down from the reese's big cup display at the store the other day.

• Like 4

Reading @Shadri thread made me realize that January is my one year nerdversary.  And I am somewhat ashamed.  It's been a whole damn year, and I have nothing physical to show for it.  I am not stronger.  I am not more flexible.  I am not faster.  And I am not more fit.  I have one thing to show for it, the great friends I have "met" here.  The rangers who encourage me and listen to my b.s.  I feel like I'm letting you guys down.  But most of all, I think I've let myself down.  I let myself wallow, and let all the crap weigh me down.  NO MORE.  I can't promise perfection, but dammit, I gotta stop this cycle of sh$@.  I have to stop letting the mirror, and Tyrath (my depression dragon) define who I am.  

This week I have been attempting, with mixed results, to get control of my eating.  This will, I hope, help when the ball starts rolling next week. I am going to try to make 2017 the year of me. (i may need lots of help, encourgement, and periodic ass-kicking.  feel free)

• Like 2

I feel the same way - after two years, I'm probably honestly worse off than when I came here in the first place. But I've learned a lot in that time, and I know you have too, and that's worth something. We can change anytime. We can start over right now, and put what we've learned to use.

12 hours ago, Rinna said:

Reading @Shadri thread made me realize that January is my one year nerdversary.  And I am somewhat ashamed.  It's been a whole damn year, and I have nothing physical to show for it.  I am not stronger.  I am not more flexible.  I am not faster.  And I am not more fit.  I have one thing to show for it, the great friends I have "met" here.  The rangers who encourage me and listen to my b.s.  I feel like I'm letting you guys down.  But most of all, I think I've let myself down.  I let myself wallow, and let all the crap weigh me down.  NO MORE.  I can't promise perfection, but dammit, I gotta stop this cycle of sh$@.  I have to stop letting the mirror, and Tyrath (my depression dragon) define who I am.  

Your Ranger friends aren't buying this nonsense about nothing to show for it. You have LEARNED. You have a years worth of experience. YOU DID NOT GIVE UP! If nothing else, you have a whole year of sticking with the rebellion. That kind of commitment sows seeds that bear fruit in their own time. This year was not a waste, and neither are you.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Your Ranger friends aren't buying this nonsense about nothing to show for it. You have LEARNED. You have a years worth of experience. YOU DID NOT GIVE UP! If nothing else, you have a whole year of sticking with the rebellion. That kind of commitment sows seeds that bear fruit in their own time. This year was not a waste, and neither are you.

THIS

SO HARD

You are mindfully trying.  There is often a METRIC BUTT-TON of failure involved with adapting to new habits and you are both so brave and dedicated to not throw in the towel and stay here with us.

<3333333333333

• Like 3

On 1/6/2017 at 0:25 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

On 1/6/2017 at 11:32 AM, shaar said:

THIS

SO HARD

You are mindfully trying.  There is often a METRIC BUTT-TON of failure involved with adapting to new habits and you are both so brave and dedicated to not throw in the towel and stay here with us.

<3333333333333

These are so so true. Both things.

Sometimes in my head it feels like I'm going backwards or staying in place. But even learning what doesn't work is important!

I didn't fail, I found 2,000 ways how not to make a light bulb; I only need to find one way to make it work.

^^Paraphrase of Thomas Edison by Ben Gates in National Treasure

I'm rooting for you :)

• Like 2

1:1

Today was an off day for exercise. But.....

6,581 steps

3.12 miles

calories, tracked.  Came in 33 under.  1697 of my 1730.

Decided to suck it up and measure stuff.  Wish I hadn't.

Was a decent day.  Kinda lazy.  Helped (minimally) boy-o make a topographical map of Africa out of a giant cookie.  Came out pretty cool.  Went grocery shopping, and prepackaged snacks for the upcoming week. Inca corn, wasabi peas, roasted ranch flavored chick peas, dried green beans, spanish peanuts (these bring me happy feelings.  my dad used to buy a ton of these on his way home from deer hunting, and I would sit next to him in his chair and we'd eat 'em), chipotle sunflower seeds, and Italian seasoned pepitas.  Plus cheese cubes and fresh bell pepper, cuke and baby carrots ready for eating. Oh, and spicy ranch dip.

And I just learned that there is a sport throwing cow chips.......go figure.  

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Rinna said:

And I just learned that there is a sport throwing cow chips.......go figure.  

Possible new activity for the Ranger Mini?  (I'll pass, thanks!!)

• Like 1

1:2

20,032 steps

9.48 miles

45 minutes dancing with Just Dance

calories, tracked.  14 over, but this is acceptable to me.  Esp, since it's hard to nail down exact calorie counts on mfp.

was a good day.  Boss was sick, so had a sub in the kitchen.  But she's one that knows her stuff, and doesn't need babysitting.  And, new girl was thrown new tasks, and performed admirably.  Normally when Boss Lady is absent, things are tense and frantic.  But not today. We got 'er done. And no one cried.......or got bitchy. Go, Team!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Shadri said:

Daaaaaang O___O that's crazytowne! Was that from the dancing?

I think 3500 or so was from the dancing.  Being back at work helps a lot, cause I'm in my feet almost constantly for 5+ hours.  And we hustle, let me tell you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rinna said:

I think 3500 or so was from the dancing.  Being back at work helps a lot, cause I'm in my feet almost constantly for 5+ hours.  And we hustle, let me tell you.

That's impressive!

1:3

18,211 steps

8.62 miles

45 minute Low Max step aerobics

calories, tracked 82 under. Whoop, whoop! And I wasn't starving.

Was a good day.  Nothing much happened, other than the usual routine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

Was a good day.  Nothing much happened, other than the usual routine.

Sometimes this is a blessing in disguise. *o*

Nothing exploding?  On fire?  Filled with angry venomous bees?........... Eeeexcellent.

1:4 

17,262 steps

8.17 miles

35 minute Crunch Fitness Boot Camp video

Calories, tracked. 2 under.  But hey, I was under!  And, I looked directly into the eyes of the candy rack at the store........and was not tempted!  Woo hoo!  Oh yeah, and I narrowly missed a cookie on Tuesday.  That one was hard, because I let myself get into the "one cookie won't hurt" mindset.  And yeah, I know that one cookie won't hurt,  but I'm trying to stay very close  to my caloric goals.  So far this week has been working for me.  Please lets keep it up!!!!!

tumblr_n47d7f7uFv1rt5pgzo1_400.gif

• Like 4

2:5

17,415 steps

8.25 miles

Calories-tracked 40 under.  Wooooo!  

2 chapters of Age of Pandora.  I have escaped my cell.  I ran, but the mutant zombie things gave chase.  I reach a door that is padlocked.  Just as I resign myself to sudden, vicious death, I am rescued by an unknown person.  He leads me to a breach in the building wall.  He steps out of the hole, and his head is bitten off, by what, I can't see.  So I run........

I have lost 3 pounds!  I was hoping for 1.  Somehow, I doubt my scale.  But it's shown me this 2 days in a row.  So maybe it's all working........

was a good day.  Well, for me anyway.  Work was nutso, new girl didn't make it in due to son's car wreck (everyone is fine as far as I know) so we had 2 substitutes.  They know the job, but are slooooww.  Hence the nutso.  

Poor hubby had to pick up his mom's ashes, which are now sitting in my dining room.  And that just feels strange.  Very surreal.  It's getting better, but then something brings it to the forefront and I feel like I'm starting all over with the grieving.

Enough of that.  Onward into today!

• Like 3