baby-sloths-1024x576.jpg

Hi. I am llw. I am a monk. I used to hit things but now I climb things.

This is my challenge. These are my goals:

• Climb 3x per week. Or do a supplementary work out, but primarily climb.

• Eat vegetables. 4 cups per day.

• Yoga 1 hour per week. I purchased a yoga program for climbers. There are 9 routines, I will be completing and repeating the set focused on shoulders and core for this challenge.

• Read 30 minutes everyday. Either a book I am working through or a published scientific study for a paper I hope to publish, or for prospecting graduate school. 

Please note: All readers who post comments stating or referring to how I rarely or never complete challenges will owe me a doughnut when I kick this month's ass. By commenting as such, you agree to these terms.

• Like 4

You rarely complete challenges. Donut will be funded by Paypal.

Motivation, complete. Also have a catgif; 

giphy.gif

Kick some ass, wings! We believe in yooooooou *fade out*

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

1 hour ago, littlewings said:

baby-sloths-1024x576.jpg

Hi. I am llw. I am a monk. I used to hit things but now I climb things.

This is my challenge. These are my goals:

• Climb 3x per week. Or do a supplementary work out, but primarily climb.

• Eat vegetables. 4 cups per day.

• Yoga 1 hour per week. I purchased a yoga program for climbers. There are 9 routines, I will be completing and repeating the set focused on shoulders and core for this challenge.

• Read 30 minutes everyday. Either a book I am working through or a published scientific study for a paper I hope to publish, or for prospecting graduate school. 

Please note: All readers who post comments stating or referring to how I rarely or never complete challenges will owe me a doughnut when I kick this month's ass. By commenting as such, you agree to these terms.

You should seriously post the website of a donut place by you - I'd help fund a nerd trip to the donut dealer. Memory serves, there's a few impressive joints in your vicinity. 

9 hours ago, SirEarl said:

W55oGJO.gif

Dog-Smiles-While-Chewing-Donut.gif

This is accurate.

On 1/2/2017 at 2:00 AM, Laghail said:

You should seriously post the website of a donut place by you - I'd help fund a nerd trip to the donut dealer. Memory serves, there's a few impressive joints in your vicinity. 

Haha, there are so many!

On 1/2/2017 at 0:41 AM, Loopus said:

You rarely complete challenges. Donut will be funded by Paypal.

Motivation, complete. Also have a catgif; 

giphy.gif

Kick some ass, wings! We believe in yooooooou *fade out*

Deal!

On 1/2/2017 at 0:41 AM, trickstur said:

Thankfully, I won't have to give you a donut as you ARE going to kick this challenge's ass. 

Support is appreciated. :D 

I'll film myself eating a donut for you if you finish. :P

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 1/3/2017 at 2:48 PM, raptron said:

I'll film myself eating a donut for you if you finish. :P

I like you and I like donuts, but I don't know if I would like that video. -_- 

On 1/3/2017 at 3:07 PM, Laghail said:

I will eat a donut while wearing a mouth opener device and post it on your wall if you don't.

th?&id=OIP.Md879f86cfda5cd47a5a0a46a7d6b4672o0&w=300&h=200&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

I ... might be amused? Or horrified. Not sure which!

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:36 AM, littlewings said:

Do it first and then we'll talk. :)

Day 1

So, no exercise for today. I'm on day 13 of a bad cold - down to just annoying congestion now. I think I am well enough to do some yoga tomorrow, though. Even if I may not be able to fully breathe in through my nose. :( Then Tuesday climbing!!!

Veggies
Serving 1.5 - red pepper, yelllow pepper, broccoli
Serving 1.5 - spinach
Serving 0.5 - veggie dumpling from Indian food order

I meant to make zucchini noodles with dinner tonight but a friend came by and we ended up ordering Indian food... and I prioritized meat more than veggies in the order. Worth it. 3.5/4 servings for the first day isn't too shabby.

And before bed will be 30 minutes of reading my comic book Wilde Life that sirearl bought me for Christmas. :D 

grace-eats-chocolate-donut-will-gif.gif

• Like 1

Shoo, cold. No one wants you. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 1/2/2017 at 0:36 AM, littlewings said:

Hi. I am llw. I am a monk. I am the worst. I also vanish from challenges almost as bad as Shogun.

FTFY.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

7 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

FTFY.

Wrong! 

Day 2

Yoga session one complete!

Veggies:
Serving 1 - spinach
Serving 2 - sweet peppers and carrots

Well, shit. Didn't do so well today.

Workout tomorrow!

30 minutes of reading ... will probably not be completed today. Work sucks this week. Need to prepare better tomorrow. All I care about right now is sleep.

• Like 1

MOAR VEG.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Day 3

K. So.

I went and climbed for about an hour and a half today, and it was awful. Between injuring my back, taking a month off, climbing again, then being sick for 2 weeks and now back to climbing ... :( My bouldering has faltered a lot and I have been feeling extremely weak. I sent a new route that was set up on the first try and then after that I could barely climb at all. And now it's not even 10PM and I am ready for bed.

Eating also was shot down today... did not really eat much at all and veggie servings would have been at zero had I not mixed a protein smoothie with almost 3 cups of spinach when I got home this evening. Not ideal but better than nothing! 

Lower back pains have returned. I hurt my back in November and really need to ease back into strengthening it. Climbing today was alright with it, but I think yoga yesterday might have done more bad than good. So I need to rethink that routine... (maybe just eliminate all folding movements and cobra)

I played video games instead of read today when I got home. Will start re-reading one of the books I read when I was littler (Dreamwalker's Child, anyone?) since I was much older when the sequel came out and never got to read it ... and now I can't remember much of the story at all to read the sequel! I really just wanna increase my reading list for 2017. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Kishi said:

Sorry to hear that you're in pain! :( That's not how it should be. So is it all folding movements, or just the backward ones like cobra?

The forward folding movement is what triggers it, and I can feel that my upper glutes are extremely tight. Right now cobra irritates it but I think it's because it's already sore and spasming. Throughout last night it was also spasming. :(

I got my kickboxing certification back in November for Personal Training, and after doing all the workouts with the course for almost 6 hours, I think the instructor got really excited and started showing us extra exercises. The last one that we tried had us leaning forward from kneeling position and punching downwards onto a pad. Pretty sure my glutes got overworked and core got tired, so my lower back took over. Had lower back spasms throughout the next day and couldn't do any forward folding movements until I went and saw my massage therapist in December.

Clearly I didn't fix it well enough... so after trying to sort it out last night, I'm going to aim to stretch out hip flexors, roll out all my stupid leg muscles, strengthen glutes and stabilize my lumbar.   

So instead of the yoga routines, I came up with this sort of back rehab routine: 

Frontal Leg Swings 10 each side
Side Leg Swings 10 each side
Deep Lunges 3x12 each leg
Pelvic Tilt (Lying supine on the floor) 10 second hold, 10 times
Glute Bridges 3x12
Bird-Dog 3x12 each side
Hip Openers 10 each side
Cat Cow stretch 10 times
Hamstring Stretch 30 seconds x2 each side
Glute Stretch 30 seconds x2 each side

• Like 1
On 1/9/2017 at 0:31 PM, Kishi said:

It's not just you. This year's iteration of The Cold is pretty harsh this time around. Lasts a lot longer than you'd think it should.

Having had it, or something like it, in November, oh hell yes.  This year, the viruses are rough.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I was gonna update. But so so tired.

Been covering clients for other trainers at our gym, on top of my own, and preparing for leaving for Texas this Monday. But I will say that I climbed for a few hours on Thursday and it was glorious. Every muscle hurts. It especially hurts to laugh. Veggies were okay for a couple days. Today they were replaced with sushi ... but I ate it with Sevenfootgeek, who is a monk, so that makes up for it right?

Better update tomorrow!

• Like 1