17 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Laptop off didn’t happen last night, but I’m determined to make it happen tonight.

I feel your pain. It is so hard to do this :( why is it so hard to shut that lid and put it down. I find the only way to possibly make it happen is to simply give myself a deadline and when it hits it shut it. No more email, no more FB no more NF time to turn off. It hurts... but no it doesn't it's fine to be disconnected for a little while.

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

16 hours ago, doctorake said:

smashing-laptop-o.gif

Haha! This was how I felt on Sunday when my laptop crashed while streaming a movie and then refused to switch back on.

Well done on the tidying goal Yeti! 

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

11 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I feel your pain. It is so hard to do this :( why is it so hard to shut that lid and put it down. I find the only way to possibly make it happen is to simply give myself a deadline and when it hits it shut it. No more email, no more FB no more NF time to turn off. It hurts... but no it doesn't it's fine to be disconnected for a little while.

Once I get into the habit it's easy, but it's picking that habit back up again after so long that's the rough part...

11 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Haha! This was how I felt on Sunday when my laptop crashed while streaming a movie and then refused to switch back on.

Well done on the tidying goal Yeti! 

Heh, yeah, my laptop has done that a time or too, and that gif pretty much sums it up, really!

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

WEEK ZERO: BALANCING ACT

Overview

Very, very brief catch-up to keep myself in the habit despite the fact I feel like I’ve been steam rollered. Plus I’m almost late for bed. Will do the social thing tomorrow, promise!

Goals

Quest line: Move

Not today! If this were the challenge proper, I’d have done six burpees before leaving for work today.

Quest line: Spartan

A short and soggy walk, and a little bit of mobility work.

Quest line: Rock Solid Mental Health

It finally happened! Although I probably shouldn’t read fiction before going to bed…

Overall

I’m tired, but not finished, so I’m going to bring a little life to my hand:

21354.jpg

(I was originally aiming for a Thriving Rhino, but my brief and impatient Google search didn’t yield a Shards of Alara version, so here’s the next best thing!)

• Like 5

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

WEEK ZERO: BALANCING ACT

Overview

There is no part of my body that does not hurt. Painkillers have become a necessity, and at the first available chance I’ll be booking an emergency appointment with the doctor. Unfortunately that will Thursday, but I’m hoping some time off work will help things ease up a little seeing as it gets infinitely worse when I’m actually working…

Goals

Nope. Slept in.

Another short and soggy walk, but nothing else today.

I really, really shouldn’t read fiction before bed. I finished off Memories of Ice last night. It wasn’t like I had a choice. I wasn’t far from the end, and once I picked it up I could not put it down. Have to say, this series took a little doing for me to get properly into, and just as I got into the swing of things the second book threw me back again. This one, however, was where it all came together and was undoubtedly the best so far.

...so I can’t help but wonder how things will play out in the rest of the series considering I’m now only on book four of ten!

(yes, this will probably be mostly a book review segment for the whole challenge!)

Overall

Not a bad zero week, but I’ve got plenty of room to grow from here. As it stands, my board looks like so:

1466d4da-b632-436b-bba6-65cfe85ee39c.jpgshards-of-alara-saproling-token-p33421-1shards-of-alara-saproling-token-p33421-127748_200w.jpga3378328-82ac-49e0-b4c0-110b24abf226.jpg

A representation of myself and my pair of wingwomen, a little mana boosting power, and the power to push through the tough spots.

Looking forward to seeing what day one will throw at me!

• Like 4

You're board looks good so far, Yeti! I'm sorry you're in such pain, I really hope that goes away quickly!

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

21 hours ago, Marauder said:

Oh no!  I'm sorry you are hurting! 

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope you feel better soon.

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

You're board looks good so far, Yeti! I'm sorry you're in such pain, I really hope that goes away quickly!

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

Thank, guys :)

I'm happy to report that aside from minor twinging in my wrists and a distinctly unhappy left leg, things have settled down. Hopefully some rest and time off work will do everything some good, and I'll actually be able to function when I go to the doctor...

• Like 3

WEEK ONE: HOLIDAAAAAAAAYS

Overview

You know those days where you sleep in, rush around like a headless chicken, and stumble into work out of breath and sweaty because you think you’re late, only to realise that you weren’t due to start at 11:30, but instead it was 12:30?

...yeah.

It was a long, slow shift, and after rushing home through the rain I’ve since spent my time running about trying to pack for tomorrow because I put my focus on challenge stuff and dailies instead of the imminent east coast trip.

I mean, I also anxiety-cleaned the deli, so that should say something of my feelings about the whole thing...

Goals

I did enough tidying to count, and I’m making a little progress into the organisation side of things too.

The walk was kind of half walk/half jog as I was wary of time… I’m going to have to make some adjustments to this goal, I think! As far as mobility goes, today was deliberately designed as an off day. Tomorrow, seeing as I’m spending a lot of time sitting on a train, I’ll do a mobility session and some general stretching. Tuesday is an off day, Wednesday is the same as Monday, and that’s my travels sorted!

It isn’t work prep, but I’m doing night before travel prep! And although I won’t be reading for an hour before bed, I will read a chapter to calm myself a little.

Overall

Hectic start, but I think I coped alright. Now to put some finishing touches to my packing and get myself off to bed. It’s a 5:30am alarm (which means I should be out of bed by 6am!), which should give me enough time to coffee up, make some sandwiches, and do any last minutes things that need doing.

• Like 5

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain, I hope you recover soon!

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Glad you feeling somewhat better and that you have a few days away from work to continue recuperating! Good idea to plan your workouts ahead for the trip - should help you stay on track. 

Good job on the tidying and organization, too. Safe travels and I hope you enjoy your time away!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

9 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

You know those days where you sleep in, rush around like a headless chicken, and stumble into work out of breath and sweaty because you think you’re late, only to realise that you weren’t due to start at 11:30, but instead it was 12:30?

Been there, done that. It sucks, but I hope at least you got to sit and drink some coffee, have a few minutes of calm before your shift?

Anyway, I hope you have a pain-free, stress-free break. 

• Like 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

15 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain, I hope you recover soon!

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

It's settled a little, so I'm hopefully it'll stay like that for a while :) 

11 hours ago, obax said:

Hopefully your time off is as relaxing as possible and you're feeling better by the end of it, and the doctor has some answers for you if it keeps up.

It's certainly more relaxing now that I'm not train hopping any more! Hopefully it'll stay relatively calm, especially these next couple of days...

6 hours ago, ShadowLion said:

Glad you feeling somewhat better and that you have a few days away from work to continue recuperating! Good idea to plan your workouts ahead for the trip - should help you stay on track. 

Good job on the tidying and organization, too. Safe travels and I hope you enjoy your time away!

Thanks! One day of train hopping is done without major incident, thankfully, and I've even managed to squeeze in a workout of sorts since arriving, so I'm even up to date with RH missions! 

5 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Been there, done that. It sucks, but I hope at least you got to sit and drink some coffee, have a few minutes of calm before your shift?

Anyway, I hope you have a pain-free, stress-free break. 

Not as such, I was pretty much thrown straight into action by the DM. I think I would have much preferred the coffee...

4 hours ago, skinNbones said:

Hey Yeti, sorry it's taken a while for me to show up, but I'll be following here on on.

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases

No worries, glad to have you here :D 

4 hours ago, Muir said:

Enjoy your time off!

I'll certainly try to, thanks!

• Like 1

Overview

My enemy, as yet unseen, has played their hand:

femme_fatale-send-to-sleep-ori-143500725    MTGM11118.jpg

There was a minor incident this morning where I forgot my train tickets and ended up doing a little bit of running, and then my first train got delayed twice so I did some more running to catch my next one.

But.

I arrived, survived the onslaught of depression and despair at being back in this town, and have since been immersed in MtG, battling it out with the little brother. More often than not I lose spectacularly, but given the size differences in our collections and the fact that he’s got more experience, it’s no wonder!

...plus surprise shark week. Again. It hurts, but so far I have resisted the urge to sate my sweet tooth, by far the easiest way to relieve the cramps for a time.

Goals

Now obviously I can’t do this whilst being away from home, so today I’m taking having packed very minimally as my goal met. If I can’t think of something good enough tomorrow, then I’ll do the burpees.

Both walking and running has been done. Stretching and mobility have been done, and there will likely be extra stretching before bed in light of the cramps.

...so glad those decided to wait until I was done with the train shenanigans.

Nothing to prep for, and I will have no problem making the time for some reading before bed. Most likely I’ll be reading awhile, considering I never really sleep the first night in a strange bed.

Overall

Sure, I had no sleep, but I was out the door on time and even (surprisingly) early for my first train. Sure, I had minimal food to take with me, but I resisted the urge to buy crap from the trolley. And sure, I’m right back in a place I despise, but I’m making the best of it and will continue to do so.

I do believe I’ve earned a weapon with which to fight back:

31769_200w.jpg

(the fact that I’ve got a mage card represnting me and am claiming a mage slayer blade is not lost on me!)

• Like 6

On 1/11/2017 at 2:15 AM, Xena said:

Sorry you're not psyched about your trip, but hopefully it will be "ok" and over soon.

Love the burpee aspect of your goals!

How did you hurt your wrists? Repetitive use or something traumatic (like a fall)?

It was relatively ok, which was a relief, and it was indeed over fast!

I started off with repetitive strain injury in both of them due to how much time I spent in front of a computer as a teenager, then it moved on into full blown tendonitis after I got heavily invested in sports like mountain biking, climbing, and kayaking (whilst also still spending a fair chunk of time on a computer or gaming!). Now they're just kinda fragile...

• Like 1

Overview

Travel disrupts things and I can put ‘possible bronchitis’ on my list of things to see the doctor about. Will do the social catch-up thing tomorrow.

Goals

...I’m trying to get rid of stuff and I ended up coming home with my brother’s old TV. Penalty burpees will happen shortly, whenever I can do them without coughing up a lung.

Fortunately, both walking and mobility have minimal impact on the coughing, so I’ve been able to keep up with that as this illness has progressed.

Easiest one to keep up with. Plus I’ve had the chance to basically read a book and a half (and we’re not talking short books here) between train journies and de-stressing before bed.

Overall

Not bad, but not great. And to cap it off, I found out this had happened while I was away:

94502b7e-7bd4-4b82-9c4c-d9340a03efb8.jpg

I walked out of the door this morning in a ‘yay snow finally’ mood, then saw what the wind had done to my shed. Honestly, at first I thought it was a break in, but after checking that nothing has been taken and speaking to Neighbour D, who has assured me either he or his wife have been in the whole time and that there have in fact been some truly vicious winds… At least he’s offered to fix it for me, which solves that headache.

• Like 5