Happy New Year Assassins!

I have done some reflecting and work on my goals. I spent some time reflecting on how I see the Assassin in my life and where I want to see her. I have developed some long term goals I want to accomplish over the next couple of years and I will use these challenges to slowly work my way toward them. As the first challenge of the year I need to focus on starting healthy habits and determining where I currently stand.  

My first goal is I need to work on making my Physical Therapy a daily habit. For this first challenge I will aim for once a day. just-pull-your-shit-together-and-go-work-out-you-can-do-this-845342.jpg

• Trunk Rotation 10 times

• Bridge 10 times

• Spinal stretch, Hold for 15 seconds 3 times both sides

• Dog to Camel pose 10 time

• Quadriceps Stretch, Hold for 15 seconds 3 times both sides

• Shoulder Rolls, forward and backward, 10 count each

A.  = last ten days of my challenge = 3(STA) & 3(STR) & 3(DEX)

B.  = last nine days of my challenge = 2.25(STA) & 2.25(STR) & 2.25(DEX)

C.  = last eight days of my challenge = 1.5(STA) & 1.5(STR) & 1.5(DEX) & loose 1 (WIS)

D.  = last seven days of my challenge = .25(STA) & .25(STR) & .25(DEX) & loose 2 (WIS)

My food/diet goal: This challenge will be so simple that failure is almost guaranteed. I will log all food ninja-monkey.jpg and drink every day & my weight every Sunday night before breakfast. So simple a monkey could do it and yet so many chances for forgetting.

A.  = 26 times during the 4 week challenge = 2(WIS)

B.  = 23 times during the 4 week challenge = 1.5(WIS)

C.  = 20 times during the 4 week challenge = 1(WIS)

D.  = 17 times during the 4 week challenge = .5(WIS)

To follow along the same vein, my lifestyle goal will also be logging. I will be tracking (without judgement or expectation) how often I brush/floss/rinse, style my hair, how much tv I’m watching (news at work not included), how often I socialize (not including my friends visit this week), what I spend my money on and where. 5de098b9a6150e239311c229bbb857a8.jpg

A.  = 26 days during the 4 week challenge = 2(CHA)

B.  = 23 days during the 4 week challenge = 1.5(CHA)

C.  = 20 days during the 4 week challenge = 1(CHA)

D.  = 17 days during the 4 week challenge = .5(CHA)

(I will use this information to develop a baseline for my builder goals. My builder goals are goals I have passed in previous challenges that I want to become habits so they will continue with future goals.)

Builder Goals- LNL-Building-photo-300x225.jpg

Continue with Workday Vegetarian (Allowed 1 slip up)

Take time to write 3 times a week

Take 5 minutes, 3 times a week to meditate

Pass- Gain 2 (WIS)

Fail- Lose 2 (WIS)

Let the games begin!

• Like 1

Khajiit Assassin in Training

“Even the word Hopeless...isn't void of Hope."

I like your goals and feel you on simple goals that often get forgotten. Have you thought of any ways to help you remember? 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

15 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Have you thought of any ways to help you remember? 

I have a wall calendar now and 5 different colored stars. Every day I complete my tasks, like when I meditate, I get a star. Green Stars = Meditation, Blue Stars = H2O, Gold Stars = Physical Therapy. I like the visual of seeing the completed tasks. 

• Like 2

Oh, I like the stars! And now that you're a grownup, you don't have to wait for the teacher to give you one...you can go to the office supply store and buy your own darn box. ;):D 

• Like 2

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

4 hours ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

I have a wall calendar now and 5 different colored stars. Every day I complete my tasks, like when I meditate, I get a star. Green Stars = Meditation, Blue Stars = H2O, Gold Stars = Physical Therapy. I like the visual of seeing the completed tasks. 

Love this idea! 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

15 hours ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

I did this years ago when I started running. I'd just read "The Courage to Start", and his mascot is the penguin (because it embodies the speed and grace of his running). I found a sheet of penguin stickers, and stuck them on my calendar whenever I'd go running.

Motivational stickers are highly recommended.

• Like 1

Joshua - Yoga Ninja Weasel #20: The Weasel goes on an Adventure!

I've been a little slow to start this challenge. I've been a bit distracted with my friend visiting from out of town. I did manage to get some PT in yesterday and I have mostly been logging. (I might have missed a couple of items) I also did some meditating this morning. I am planning on getting fully on track tomorrow. 

Last week was a great start. I nailed each of my goals and am ready to roll on to the next week. I decided to set up a spreadsheet so now I can eailsy see what I've done and not done. I am keeping my calendar and stars for physical therapy and my builder goals. 

I've had a really good week so far. I missed the vegetarian part yesterday morning, but I have recovered and have many yummy veggies for the rest of the week. I'm trying to do a little bit of Physical Therapy at different times throughout the day so I don't get so worn out. Hopefully this will be the winning formula. 

Looks like you've already got the winning formula. Way to go on your first week!

• Like 1

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Samuel Beckett

So logging my food was a bit of a challenge last week. I finished up a 10 night stretch and realized that I wasn't getting as much logging done as I wanted to. I did manage most of my food logging, but I also know I missed items because I was back logging. I did do most of my cleaning, and am looking forward to an organized and clear space for meditation and physical therapy.

I did OK with physical therapy, but only manage some stretching 5 days, but non of the horizontal stretches that are best for my back. I really want to take the time in the morning and evening to do little bits at a time. I am finding I do much better when I break it up, instead of all at one. 

I have also set aside time every night to write a little. I really want to make this a habit, so scheduling time to do it should be more productive than just doing it when I have time. 

Sounds great! How's the PT going? I'm in the midst of that myself and it seems more often than not, my daily exercises happen just before bed. I'm trying to be better about doing them during the day. Has breaking it up been working for you?

• Like 1

Samuel Beckett

35 minutes ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

It's worked better than anything else, but not 100% successful yet. I am very happy I'm making progress though. How's your PT going? 

Good to hear! My PT is still mostly happening just before I fall asleep. :rolleyes: I need to get it into my head that it's not a thing I do after all the other stuff has been done, but something that needs to take a step up in priority and be done earlier in the day when I still have some energy. I'm doing it, but I'm making it unnecessarily hard for myself. Still learning, but I have faith I'll get better! :D 

• Like 1

Samuel Beckett

Gah, I'm sorry, your challenge got knocked off my list of threads followed. How do you like the stars as a method of tracking progress? I use my calendar similarly, but just writing in the goals I've made, so it ends up a bit of a mess by the end of the month. Looks like you've made some solid progress this month; do you feel like you've solidified your builder goals? 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current