First Daily Dare of 2017! (Jan 02 - Feb 04)

Hi All!  Jon Firestar here, covering while Xena is off galavanting and running marathons! 

Round 9 of our PVP using the Daily Dares at Darebee.com has begun!

All are welcome.  Every day, they post a bodyweight exercise challenge no equipment needed, every day.  Sometimes they're easy, sometimes they're not.

Every day there are two levels of difficulty.  1)  just get it done, over the course of the day, and 2) Extra Credit (EC,) which usually means all in one shot.  

Either do one or the other.  You get either 1 or 2 points per day, no more.

Miss the day (in your time zone) and you miss the points.  Need a variation?  Not a problem, but no points for you.

This is an open PVP, so anyone can join at any time. It's a great way to try out a bunch of different bodyweight exercises, and after 2 times through, I've personally found a bunch of new exercises based on what's been really hard.

If you decide to join, declare what rank you're aiming for and sign up on this spreadsheet. Then, just keep track of how many dares you complete throughout the challenge.

If you're not sure about what counts for the dare or extra credit, post here and we'll rule by what seems to make sense to the most of us. Some days you might not be able to do an exercise, and that's ok!  If you like, try modifying or scaling the dare to something you can do. I've added a new column where you can keep track of dares you've modified and completed. The modified dares don't "count' toward "official" totals, but we can still reward you with creative titles if you like. Sometimes Darebee likes to be cute and offer extra extra credit. That's cool...go for it, we'll all be impressed. Let's keep it simple and leave those out of our calculations.

The person with the most points at the end of the challenge will be declared the Daredevil! (other titles are available, inquire within.)

Leaderboard

Round 8: JonFirestar (61 points)

Round 7: Xena (59 points)

Round 6: Xena (54 points)

Round 5: Zeroh (48 points)

Round 4:  Rocketbikeninja (62 points)

Round 3 (Tie):  Rocketbikeninja and mom2sjm (64 points) 

Round 2:  Rocketbikeninja (67 points) - May 2016 Challenge

Round 1:  Geek On Fire (53 points) - April 2016 Challenge

Ranks

Titanium: 60 points (30 days of dares + 30 days of extra credit)

Gold: 45 points 

Silver: 30 points 

Bronze: 15 points

Custom: A custom goal of your choice. Just make sure to state your specific target in the spreadsheet.  

We're starting the PVP in Week 0, but you should be able to achieve all but the highest of these ranks even if you don't join us until Week 1.

• Like 3

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 minute ago, IAmInfinite said:

With plank punches. Why?

I know right!? I think I got some odd looks when I did these on the mat at the gym :P 

200w.gif

4 minutes ago, x Valkyrie x said:

I'm in, aiming for Gold!

woot welcome aboard! 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

18 minutes ago, Alcnedlor said:

Sounds very fun, I'm in !

Does anyone else have problems displaying the daily dare on your mobile ? It will be a pain if I need to turn my computer on just for this each morning...

Mine is alright on mobile?

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

22 minutes ago, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

Done. EC too.

Didn't think that was possible with how long I haven't done these. I am capable of more than I knew.

ECs really help push you into things you didn't know you were capable of. A great feeling! 

• Like 3

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

9 hours ago, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

Done. EC too.

Didn't think that was possible with how long I haven't done these. I am capable of more than I knew.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

9 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

ECs really help push you into things you didn't know you were capable of. A great feeling! 

Yeah, I wasn't sure I could do it either. But EC makes it fun to try. At 20 seconds left, I felt like my arms were about to fall off, but I kept thinking just hold on for a little while longer. This is my first time in this PVP and I'm excited.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Squat holds done. Only way to do them: with EC.

That is one thing I noticed every time I joined in the daily dare PVPs: there's things that are easy to you. Okay easy might be an overstatement, but doable, you know. Then there's the things that you push yourself and are surprised you could get the EC, or heck, do them at all.

And then there are the things that utterly blow your mind. The ones you try multiple times and either just barely get done, or can't do at all.

There's something for everyone. Everyone gets to feel awesome about themselves at some point.

And we all grow for trying.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Just no way I'm getting EC with the squat holds. I got 30 seconds at the most. Ugh

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Okay, I'm in. Gold is a realistic goal for me, I think. I need a few more days to write up my challenge and I'm intrigued by all the Daily Dares talk... 

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This is my first time in this PVP and I'm excited.

Yay! Welcome! :D

5 hours ago, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

Squat holds done. Only way to do them: with EC.

That is one thing I noticed every time I joined in the daily dare PVPs: there's things that are easy to you. Okay easy might be an overstatement, but doable, you know. Then there's the things that you push yourself and are surprised you could get the EC, or heck, do them at all.

And then there are the things that utterly blow your mind. The ones you try multiple times and either just barely get done, or can't do at all.

There's something for everyone. Everyone gets to feel awesome about themselves at some point.

And we all grow for trying.

100% true. Sometimes they are the easiest things in existence, and then they are suddenly one armed push up progressions.

But who decided squat holds were going to happen?! I was going to do a bunch of lunges and split squats today, but nope. I managed it split into 1 min, 30s, 30s. 

5 hours ago, Alcnedlor said:

Don't they forgot to write "on a chair" after squat hold ? ^^

I lost my balance, I fell, I struggled... decidedly not an exercise made for me ;-) But one point is still good

If only :P If you struggle, you can split them up over the course of the entire day. But yay for a point! :D

43 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

Okay, I'm in. Gold is a realistic goal for me, I think. I need a few more days to write up my challenge and I'm intrigued by all the Daily Dares talk... 

One of us, one of us, one of us! :D

• Like 3