Jon Firestar, Superhero Part 1: Secret Origins

jonfirestar

Jon Firestar, Superhero Part 1: Secret Origins

I’ve said previously that the uber state is to look and perform like a superhero. Well unless you happen to be born Superman the only way to reach that state is through hard work and discipline!

Every superhero has a their secret origin story. The tale of how they became so awesome. This is the start of my own road to awesomeness ;)

Discipline

I need to continue to lose weight, and change my body composition. I need to keep giving my body the things it needs during this time so that I can maintain the physical stresses I am asking myself to endure.

daredevil_meditation-2.jpg

Food Plan and log: Continue to use MFP to plan and log all food every day. Stick to my calorie and macro targets.

Water: At least 2 liters of water per day

Time to contemplate and relax 5 minutes of contemplation per day.

Super Strength

tumblr_n7251kNI3c1t6g22fo3_500.gif

I am not Superman but I am strong and I can be much stronger! My current program has me hitting the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The days rotate through the four main lifts, Bench, Deadlift, Squat and OHP, so all four takes more than a single week. The challenge is to hit the gym at 6:30 am before work three days per week for the 5 weeks.

Super Speed

1193338-flash_1_3.jpg

I am driven to run! I really want to do OCRs and one of the things these involve is  a lot of running. For the first time in my life I’ve started to enjoy running. I want to pick up speed and I want to run further.

My program has me running 3 days per week with an easy day on Tuesday, a tempo/speed run Thursday and a long run on Saturday. These need to be done at 6am before I leave for work. I can wait for daylight on Saturday ;) . The program is built around slowly and steadily building my milage.

I’ve signed up to a little 5k run at the end of February. Not a race, just a run  I’m hoping to hit my sub 30 min 5k on that run although I’ll know closer to the time if I’m ready for that. It’ll be a bit of a practice for my first OCR a couple of weeks later :D

Tech Genius

oracle.jpg

Some hero's aren't born with power and must use technology to enhance their natural gifts! 

I work in IT as an infrastructure and network engineer, senior support dude, occasional devops and general point of call for confused support desk guys, oh and somehow, some when deputy manager (wtf). I’m very good at my job although I am a bit of a generalist (RangerBrain!). I could be better. I work in an industry with an infinite level of depth and I’ve managed to find a niche that I really enjoy and would like to focus on advancing my knowledge in that direction.

I have my network exam coming up in February. The exam is not very high level and it’s not the course I want to do. I want to do the next one but I can only get the next cert if I have this one. I already know 90% of the stuff I’m studying and while I do think it's good to know the basics and to study and brush up on the basics it is a little boring.

I need to buckle down some more and commit to 20 minutes of reading a day or one instructional video plus 30-60 minutes on the weekend to do some labs. On Saturday I can play video games only after study :) Sunday is my day off.

Secret Lair

Batcave_0015.jpg

Every superhero needs their secret lair. I call mine ‘my house’! Domestic rangering at it’s finest!

One of my more nebulous goals for 2017 is to be more time efficient. This means keeping on top of the domestic rangering so that it doesn’t overwhelm. Therefore, the todo list makes a trumphant return!

Fill Dishwasher, remember to hit play. You do need to empty it before filling, daily

Make Bed, daily, change bedding on the weekend

Clean Kitchen, 4x times per week after big cooking day.

Mop Floors, 1x time per week.

Clean Bathroom, 1x time per week

Clean Living Room, 1x time per week

Clean one other room, 2x times per week.

Do Laundry: 3x times per week, wash fold put away. If it ain’t in the closet it doesn’t count.

Prep Lunch: 1x time per week

Prep Breakfast: 1x time per week

Even Batman Needs Sleep

gnb131002in2.jpg

Because it is still broken, I’m still working on my sleep goal. I want to work up to going to bed at 9pm but for now I’m going to settle with getting into bed before 10 for at least 7 hours sleep. Will be graded on in bed and lights out rather than quality of sleep because I suck at sleep.

• Like 12

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Week 0

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Food

Water

⌧⌧⌧⌧

⌧⌧⌧⌧

Lifting

Running

Study

Sleep

⌧⌧⌧

⌧⌧

⌧⌧⌧⌧

Domestic Rangering

Dishwasher

Make Bed,

Kitchen,

Mop Floors,

Bathroom,

Livingroom

other room,

Do Laundry

Lunch:

Breakfast:

Dishwasher

Make Bed,

⌧⌧

Kitchen,

Mop Floors,

Bathroom,

Livingroom

other room,

Do Laundry

Lunch:

Breakfast:

Dishwasher

⌧⌧⌧⌧

Make Bed,

⌧⌧⌧⌧

Kitchen, ⌧⌧

Mop Floors,

Bathroom,

Livingroom

other room,

Do Laundry

Lunch:

Breakfast:

Dishwasher

Make Bed,

Kitchen,

Mop Floors,

Bathroom,

Livingroom

other room,

Do Laundry

Lunch:

Breakfast:

Dishwasher

Make Bed,

Kitchen,

Mop Floors,

Bathroom,

Livingroom

other room,

Do Laundry

Lunch:

Breakfast:

boxes for reference ;) 

• Like 6

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I love your challenge theme!!!  SUPER-TIME!!

I too have been trying to drink more water lately... I'm aiming for 60 oz a day just at work, and wow does it make a difference mentally when I'm well hydrated!  It's funny when you think you're drinking enough, but shaar 3 mugs of tea daily is not nearly enough water......

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

1 hour ago, shaar said:

I love your challenge theme!!!  SUPER-TIME!!

I too have been trying to drink more water lately... I'm aiming for 60 oz a day just at work, and wow does it make a difference mentally when I'm well hydrated!  It's funny when you think you're drinking enough, but shaar 3 mugs of tea daily is not nearly enough water......

hi *waves*.

So true! It turns out that 6 cups of coffee just isn't the same and that I feel a real difference when I am getting enough water.

• Like 3

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Our challenges have a very similar theme this time, discipline. It's something I'm really lacking in! Good luck with your goals, I'll be here cheering you on!

200.gif#46

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

15 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Our challenges have a very similar theme this time, discipline. It's something I'm really lacking in! Good luck with your goals, I'll be here cheering you on!

200.gif#46

and running. Let's  not forget running :D very glad to have you here!

Disipline and organisation are things I truly suck at. At least long term. I really want to make improvements there. I'm beginning to think a bullet journal would benefit me too.

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Week 0, Monday! 

And here we go! I'm not really resting for week zero because I want to maintain momentum as much as possible. Today is my last day home and I start back at work tomorrow. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to it. Although I do like my job so I really shouldn't complain. I've had jobs where time off would end with me being a ball of anxiety and dread and I don't get that for this job! 

Discipline

Logged my food. I've kept this up barring the odd day where I've not logged. (i.e Christmas) for the best part of six months now. Food was good. Bacon and eggs, a chicken salad and a delicious beef stew for dinner. Yummy. 

Drank my water. Kind of did it all this afternoon but got it in. That should get better when I'm back at work. 

Took some time to relax.

Super Strength

I hit the gym at 7am. I got my deadlifts in. I'm still on deload but the plan starts proper on Wednesday. It's going to see a significant increase in volume then as I enter the 'bro' phase of the plan. I'm a little nervous about DOMS over the coming weeks but the weight is a lot lower so we'll see how bad it is. 

Super Speed

Rest day. Easy run tomorrow morning. 

Tech Genius

I've not got this in yet :( I hope to read before bed. I'll update if I manage it.  Read a chapter in my book. Time to relax, wind down, and shut off all electronics before bed. 

Secret Lair

Loaded dishwasher and pressed play. 

Did laundry

Made Bed

Cleaned Kitchen

Prepped Breakfast for the rest of the week

prepped lunch for the rest of the week. 

Even Batman Needs Sleep

I went to bed at 10pm last night but had a hell of a time actually sleeping. I finally got 5 hours sleep. Ticking the box because I tried :( 

• Like 6

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Awesome challenge and great theme! 2017 is definitely a good year for becoming a super hero (why? Because you are doing it? Who knows)

That's an awful lot of challenges, but here's to you smashing them!

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

I feel you on the laundry situation. If it's not away it's not done, such a phrase I'm stealing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
10 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Awesome challenge and great theme! 2017 is definitely a good year for becoming a super hero (why? Because you are doing it? Who knows)

That's an awful lot of challenges, but here's to you smashing them!

:D it basically boils down to eat good, exercise, study, tidy up after myself and sleep 

4 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Fantastic challenge! 

What's for breakfast this week? I need to borrow a page from your book regarding breakfasts!

How long are your gym workouts, generally?

Happy to see you!

Breakfast this week is big slabs of breakfast casserole. The pictures didn't turn out particularly appetising ;) but that's life.

Gym is about 60-90 minutes 

24 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

I feel you on the laundry situation. If it's not away it's not done, such a phrase I'm stealing...

I know right!? The horrid folding beast. Left unchecked I end up living with piles of laundry then wonder why I can't find something. ugh. 

• Like 3

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

You have a lot of awesome stuff going on here! 

19 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Week 0

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Food

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Water

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Lifting

ꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

Running

ꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃ

Study

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Sleep

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Domestic Rangering

Dishwasher

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Make Bed,

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Kitchen, ꗃꗃꗃ

Mop Floors, ꗃ

Bathroom, ꗃ

Livingroom, ꗃ

other room, ꗃꗃ

Do Laundry

ꗃꗃ

Lunch:

Breakfast:

Dishwasher

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Make Bed,

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Kitchen, ꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Mop Floors, ꗃ

Bathroom, ꗃ

Livingroom, ꗃ

other room, ꗃꗃ

Do Laundry

ꗃꗃꗃ

Lunch:

ꗃ Breakfast: ꗃ

Dishwasher

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Make Bed,

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Kitchen, ꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Mop Floors, ꗃ

Bathroom, ꗃ

Livingroom, ꗃ

other room, ꗃꗃ

Do Laundry

ꗃꗃꗃ

Lunch:

Dishwasher

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Make Bed,

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Kitchen, ꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Mop Floors, ꗃ

Bathroom, ꗃ

Livingroom, ꗃ

other room, ꗃꗃ

Do Laundry

ꗃꗃꗃ

Lunch:

Dishwasher

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Make Bed,

ꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Kitchen, ꗃꗃꗃꗃ

Mop Floors, ꗃ

Bathroom, ꗃ

Livingroom, ꗃ

other room, ꗃꗃ

Do Laundry

ꗃꗃꗃ

Lunch:

boxes for reference ;) 

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life. 

• Like 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

2 hours ago, Muir said:

This challenge should be SUPER! B)

Let's do this!

2 hours ago, deftona said:

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life. 

hehe thanks :)

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, x Valkyrie x said:

How did you do that cool layout?

By being a super computer genius that's how!

giphy.gif

Okay okay just for you I'll let you onto the secret. The forum will let you copy and paste this stuff in. So I used Google docs to create the layout, the little boxes are just symbol fonts and then select all, copy and paste. Works from Word too. Discovered by happy accident ;)

• Like 6

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Lolol the Data gif made my morning!

Ohhh I see! I will steal that idea for futire planning purposes! 

Well... considering I kind of stole the idea from your bullet journal photos we might call that fair ;)

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Week 0, Tuesday! 

First day back at work after having half of December off. It was predictably busy but nothing bad or particularly hard work involved. Pretty happy with it. 

Discipline

Food was good today although I did feel hungry at weird points. I'm going to put that down to the alterations to my routine and see how it goes. 

Drank my water, got it in small doses throughout the day. 

No time to relax yet. 

Super Strength

Rest day for Strength. Hamstrings are slightly DOMSy today. Not to bad though. 

Super Speed

Took a 3 mile slow run very early this morning. It was horrifically cold and the run was just rough. I was really slow but the perceived effort was really high. I've been feeling so good running recently that it kind of took me aback. Even crunching the data from my fitbit afterwards said the same thing. I did the same run on Thursday but Thursday I did it faster, it felt much better and my heartrate was lower. I think it was colder this morning but not a great deal. It was a little earlier but otherwise they were under similar circumstances along the same route. I dunno. 

Tech Genius

Done. 

Secret Lair

Loaded dishwasher and pressed play. 

Forgot to make  Bed :( 

Cleaned Kitchen

Even Batman Needs Sleep

Got to bed at 9:15 and slept through until 5am. Got to finish off my chores and hop right to bed. It's going to take some time to get used to this 'go to bed early' stuff. 

• Like 6

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

1 minute ago, jonfirestar said:

Took a 3 mile slow run very early this morning. It was horrifically cold and the run was just rough. I was really slow but the perceived effort was really high. I've been feeling so good running recently that it kind of took me aback. Even crunching the data from my fitbit afterwards said the same thing. I did the same run on Thursday but Thursday I did it faster, it felt much better and my heartrate was lower. I think it was colder this morning but not a great deal. It was a little earlier but otherwise they were under similar circumstances along the same route. I dunno. 

Are you overtraining a bit, perhaps? I notice that my performance tends to degrade if I don't give myself enough time to recover after a couple runs.

• Like 2

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Are you overtraining a bit, perhaps? I notice that my performance tends to degrade if I don't give myself enough time to recover after a couple runs.

Certainly possible. Though I've not run since Saturday. At the moment I am chalking it up to a bad day. If it becomes a thing I'll have to rethink my strategy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Awesome challenge to start off the New Year bud! Your tracking looks clean and precise and, hey, news to me...I didn't realize Batman actually slept! Hahaha. Sleep will and forever be one of those sneaky things that's hard to manage but you got this, Jon! 

maxresdefault.jpg

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

4 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Awesome challenge to start off the New Year bud! Your tracking looks clean and precise and, hey, news to me...I didn't realize Batman actually slept! Hahaha. Sleep will and forever be one of those sneaky things that's hard to manage but you got this, Jon! 

maxresdefault.jpg

Wolf

Hey Wolfie great to have you here. I suck at sleep but I feel like I should at least try to fix it! That said I am beat. Time for an early night. It was surprisingly hard to find a panel with Batman sleeping ;) 

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Great challenge (and great spreadsheet).  According to your definition my laundry is NEVER done. :D  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2