Annyshay... Wake up...

Annyshay, the chosen one...

I am Rauru, one of the ancient sages who built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm...

This is the Chamber of Sages, inside the Temple of Light...

The Temple of Light, situated in the very center of the Sacred Realm, is the last stronghold against the Ganondorf's evil forces.

latest?cb=20140422044905&path-prefix=es

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

Can't wait :cheerful:

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Spent a LOT of today poking at Rising Heroes. Really excited that both my mother and my previous roommate have joined in on the fun. Super glad that @lucky fire dragon is one of my wingmen. Met a new person who is a Whovian in my faction (Rheno!!!) and will also be my wingman. Can't wait to get moving! In fact, I didn't wait...

Completed Jim's Bodyweight Circuit once (plus warm up and cool down)

Walked 2.7 miles

Stretched for 5 minutes

Now I'm off to start on my specialization "Inscription" aka writing and journaling. :)

Also completed all my other goals for today. So many colorful triangles!

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

wow, that is a fantastic start!

That is so cool that your Mom and ex-roommate joined. It makes a big difference to have people close to you on board. As is I am glad to have you as wingdragon :)

Got to admit I am totally clueless as to the backgrounds of each faction... is it a dungeon and dragon thingy? Never played that, so I wouldn't know... Can you enlighten me a bit?

Inscription is a brilliant specialization, maybe I should have taken that.... took meditation, but I'm sure that is going to be great for me too

Keep having fun, Lady of the Shining Shay

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

How does Rising Heroes work? Do you choose what you want to focus on like here in the forums, and then they set up perimeters or goals? Or do they have a set programme that you have to follow but in certain fields which you can choose, like KBs, BW strength, stretching (yoga), etc.?

I'm so glad that you have such a support group joining in the RH fun! Woot! Woot! for all of you! :loyal:

• Like 1

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

:iconbummy2: ANNYSHAY:iconbummy3:

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

How does Rising Heroes work? Do you choose what you want to focus on like here in the forums, and then they set up perimeters or goals? Or do they have a set programme that you have to follow but in certain fields which you can choose, like KBs, BW strength, stretching (yoga), etc.?

I'm so glad that you have such a support group joining in the RH fun! Woot! Woot! for all of you! :loyal:

It's been less than 24 hours, so we're sort of learning as we go. So far there are a few missions (walking, BW workout, working on a "specializiation" aka not diet/exercise thing that we each choose) that all add up to advance the story. We're sorted into factions, more about that below. They're going to build on missions in a way that advances an epic story about our rebellion fighting an evil shadow corporation bent on controlling humanity. So, you know, SUPER FUN.

5 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

wow, that is a fantastic start!

That is so cool that your Mom and ex-roommate joined. It makes a big difference to have people close to you on board. As is I am glad to have you as wingdragon :)

Got to admit I am totally clueless as to the backgrounds of each faction... is it a dungeon and dragon thingy? Never played that, so I wouldn't know... Can you enlighten me a bit?

Inscription is a brilliant specialization, maybe I should have taken that.... took meditation, but I'm sure that is going to be great for me too

Keep having fun, Lady of the Shining Shay

Thanks! I'm super excited about my support crew, or as another person put it... wing-squadron. :)

Ok, factions! :D Remember how excited I was about camp? Well, they basically created 4 "houses" that we were sorted into Harry Potter style. Each had a different focus and we all got really into it. At camp, there was a "legendary quest" that explained some of the back story. I have to head to work, but if there's interest I can share some more details. Basically, the factions appear to have developed out of them. I was "sorted" each time into Rheno, which is the faction that focuses on the mind and has the fox as our symbol. The other factions are Havik (a hawk) which stands for Ability, Tyrus (a porcupine) which stands for Character, and Volo (a dragonfly) that stands for Purpose. These are the four that my signature quote refers to, and I'm soooooo excited for the story to continue!

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

58 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Ok, factions! :D Remember how excited I was about camp? Well, they basically created 4 "houses" that we were sorted into Harry Potter style. Each had a different focus and we all got really into it. At camp, there was a "legendary quest" that explained some of the back story. I have to head to work, but if there's interest I can share some more details. Basically, the factions appear to have developed out of them. I was "sorted" each time into Rheno, which is the faction that focuses on the mind and has the fox as our symbol. The other factions are Havik (a hawk) which stands for Ability, Tyrus (a porcupine) which stands for Character, and Volo (a dragonfly) that stands for Purpose. These are the four that my signature quote refers to, and I'm soooooo excited for the story to continue!

thank you, now I understand a little better and am thrilled to have been picked for Volo :)

if you would have more info and it's not too much trouble I would love that, but don't want to eat too much time out of your busy days either!

For some reason I cannot see your signature :(

• Like 3

hi annyshay! happy new challenge! :)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

10 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

thank you, now I understand a little better and am thrilled to have been picked for Volo :)

if you would have more info and it's not too much trouble I would love that, but don't want to eat too much time out of your busy days either!

Weird. It's a simple quote - "The Four United Never Fail"  I'll post more when I can wrangle some time. ;)

6 hours ago, karinajean said:

hi annyshay! happy new challenge! :)

Very happy! Happier now that you're here. :flustered:

4 hours ago, arcknitect said:

Fellow Whovian you say? Hello there! Nice to meet you. 

The-tenth-Doctor-3-doctor-who-31870415-5

JaNN9.gif

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

17 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Would love to find out more, when it suites you and you have time. I can see the quote, but at first I thought there were supposed to be faction symbols there as well. It sounds a bit like the movie Divergent as well. I like what you've posted so far, but am too scared to even look at the price, because we have to x14 to see in South African Rand.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Would love to find out more, when it suites you and you have time. I can see the quote, but at first I thought there were supposed to be faction symbols there as well. It sounds a bit like the movie Divergent as well. I like what you've posted so far, but am too scared to even look at the price, because we have to x14 to see in South African Rand.

I'll write some more too, but the CAMP video just came out and explains some...

Spoiler

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

I love the camp video. SO cool that your mom and ex-roomie are joining in. It makes me really happy to hear that some older nerds are on the fitness quest.

• Like 3

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

I've been so on my game. I'm journaling, writing, thinking about my path (wayfinding), walking, and yogaing. I've been cooking and eating mindfully. I've been sharing in the joys of my fellow rebels, nerds, and heroes. I just did a yoga video that left me feeling calm and clean...

4d73b94d341dc49bed082067b9dd8cf3.gif

... so I'm going to postpone writing about camp and the factions (sorry!). Instead, I'm going to enjoy this feeling, read more of The Martian (strangely awesome), and journal a bit before bed. Sweet dreams my lovely rebels!

• Like 8

Love as thou wilt.

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

I've been so on my game. I'm journaling, writing, thinking about my path (wayfinding), walking, and yogaing. I've been cooking and eating mindfully. I've been sharing in the joys of my fellow rebels, nerds, and heroes. I just did a yoga video that left me feeling calm and clean...

4d73b94d341dc49bed082067b9dd8cf3.gif

... so I'm going to postpone writing about camp and the factions (sorry!). Instead, I'm going to enjoy this feeling, read more of The Martian (strangely awesome), and journal a bit before bed. Sweet dreams my lovely rebels!

Look at that, this is what I miss!! The strength, the effort, the determination, and it's intoxicating. :D

I'm in this to watch all the Hyrulian excellence!!

GuhQm5V.gif

And Dance!!

• Like 3

Chris // Sorcerer Trainee

Current Challenge: Calibre Goes Into The Mystic Realm

"There's no one I'd rather be than me." -- Wreck-It Ralph

2019 Weight Progress: 320.2 (Down 1.8) 3.18.19

aaaaaaaawesome!

and best priorities :) ne need to be sorry at all, you rock

• Like 2

Gather round, children, and I'll tell you a story...

CU2hGQpW4AA2F80.jpg

...this is the story of Annyshay and the Legendary Quest

Once upon a time (September 2016) at Camp Nerd Fitness (henceforth CNF), Annyshay heard a call to complete the Legendary Quest. The Legendary Quest started simply enough (as many quests do) with a question. That question was printed in the program for CNF...

Who called the four to the mountains green?

Never one to shy away from a good question, Annyshay proceeded to the Oracle (the nerdy name for the help desk and site where we picked up our badges) and asked the question. She received a riddle that has since been lost to time, however that riddle led her to the back of a rocking chair on CNF's infamous porch. This rocking chair was inscribed with the next clue in the riddle...

Long ago, currents of magic ran deep through the forest. In that time, there was light, and there was darkness. Joy, friendship, laughter, and adventure flourished, but were opposed by selfishness, laziness, apathy, and ignorance. At the heart of this ancient tug of war, was the great bear.

Go to the lover of Cinnabon treats

The one who can tackle and roll.

Ask him "Where did the bear call the 4?"

And learn from him where you must go.

Annyshay was stuck. She had no idea who amongst the valiant nerds was in love with Cinnabon treats. So, she asked other campers until one pointed her to Headmaster Rog Law. When he finished a Brazilian Jiu Jitusu match (ahhhhh... tackle and roll, right!), he told Annyshay a riddle that led her to the Great Deku Tree (no seriously, the grounds at CNF all have nerdy names that are fabulous). Annyshay could not find the next clue at first, but was soon joined by another camper who saw it tucked under a stray branch. This clue had more of the story...

The darkness crept into the world, and the great Attollo watched the animals who lived among these trees forget about the light. Even the trees seemed to darken and wilt, and the glittering stones of the forest floor grew dull - eventually the day came when few in the forest remembered the magic of the light. And on that day, Attollo cast an enchantment: the great bear called on what little magic was left and asked the last of the sparkling stones to find help - to become amulets and guide new heroes to the forest. The amulets flew from the forest to find champions that would aide in the struggle against the darkness.

Your journey is just beginning

there is more for you to find

Remember the password "pawprint"

Can get you out of any bind

To learn the rest of this story

Locate the next chapter and read it

Find the bridge that is clearly of Asgard

And seek out what's hidden beneath it

Annyshay and her new partner followed their map and came to the spot the riddle spoke of. Another fragment of story was tucked under the bridge out of sight. It read...

In time, the amulets were found, and each by a different sort of creature...

Havik, a hawk of keen eye and strong wing, spied a tiny glint in the grass while hunting. Swooping low, she had the amulet in her talons and was back on a west ward wind in moments, aim and precision came easily to her after a lifetime of practice.

Tyrus, a porcupine of thoughtful character, found a glimmering amulet in the bushes while playing with his cubs. The creatures that lived in his hollow gathered to give their friend a warm farewell before he journeyed east.

Volo, a dragonfly guided by his love of adventure, found an amulet tucked among the reeds. With a grace that only directness and dignity can bring, Volo collected his stone and took wing on the swiftest breeze north.

Rheno, a curious fox, loved examining any rock - but thus shimmering magical stone was particularly interesting. She set out on a path south for more answers about where it had come from, and what it could mean.

Each of them felt the magic of the amulets calling them to the forest past the places where darkness ruled, telling them to seek out the one called Attollo...

Stay clear of the river if you can

and instead of splashing around

Take a picture of yourself

beside what you have found

To find the secret you wish to unlock

A short walk you must take

Go study the posts beneath the dock

That overlooks the lake.

Annyshay and the other camper knew exactly where to look... however... there was no more of the story to be seen. Frustrated they turned to walk back to camp only to see that someone had moved the next clue to higher ground. It read...

Over many months the four traveled to the forest till they reached the glen where Attollo waited. "Thank you, each of you, for heeding my call. You've traveled past hardship and danger to get here. What have you seen that touches your heart while passing through the lands blighted by darkness?"

Tyrus stepped forward. "I have seen the way some look at me - they think me frightening, and never call me friend. What is it that makes them see what is not there, and ignore what's in front of their eyes?"

"They fall victim to selfishness. They think only of themselves and make false assumptions. Selfishness keeps their worlds, and their hearts, small."

"Then I will make mine a mission to defeat this selfishness in whatever form it takes."

"Your strength of character will aide you in this endeavor."

Rheno padded forward to speak. "I saw so many walk by, believing their woes are forever, and that all they can do is struggle in vain. It's as though they are blinded to other paths and never seek wiser ways."

"They are yoked to ignorance. Under this heavy load, they have decided that there is but one path, and good or bad, that path is the only way."

"Then I will make it my mission to better understand the world and the creatures in it. I will help any who find joy in asking questions and trying new things."

"Your curious mind is suited to this journey."

Havik swooped down and settled on a low branch. "I have watched so many give up before they begin - so many hearts broken and reconciled to never trying. They do not attempt to grow or take joy in progress. Why?"

"Some souls are hurt in defeat - and in that defeat, laziness infects them. As it spreads, they lose what strength and momentum they once enjoyed."

"Then mine will be a mission to defeat laziness - I will encourage others to take proper action, to take joy not just in success, but also in their continued attempts to grow."

"Your focus on ability will help you in this endeavor."

Volo hovered by the bear's nose. "I saw those who wander alone - never caring, never daring. They are unhappy, yet refuse to seek out something better. Why do they do this?"

"Those souls are trapped in apathy. And so ensnared, their intention, interest, and enthusiasm for life are slowly drained away."

"Then mine will be a mission to heal this apathy, and show them that when we act, our joy is doubled and our sadness is halved. I will give them a why."

"Your sense of purpose will surely help you succeed."

Attollo smiled, happy to have found friends. But the bear's face slowly grew solemn again. "Now, each of you has a strength, a virtue that brought you here. But this darkness has many faces; it corrupts from all sides. How could you each defeat such a force alone?"

One by one, the four looked at each other and quickly began to giggle. Attollo grinned.

The four were called by sparkling stones

that led them to this land

Collect a tiny pebble here

by the grass, the road, or the sand

Why did our four heroes laugh when the bear

Described the weight of this heavy load?

Find the next chapter at the middle stair

Where Ackbar meets the Rainbow Road

Annyshay and her companion watched the sun slip down. The camper cup would soon be over, but first they must complete the quest! They ran and sprinted up the stairs until they finally found this chapter...

Havik stifled a laugh and began to explain, "Great Attollo, you talk about each of us fighting alone, but we are not lonely warriors at all." Tyrus smiled at his new friends, "Indeed, your brought us together, and together we can do great things." Volo hovered above Rheno's head before alighting on one of her ears and speaking, "We seek the same goal, and this unites us. Selfishness, Apathy, Laziness, and Ignorance - these threats cannot be defeated alone." Grinning Rheno was the last to speak up, "After all, the wisest know that victory is nearest when you reach for it in the company of allies. We must learn from and support one another."

Attollo stood, "Then so shall it be for those of us gathered here today and those who take up the battle after us. Our different paths and virtues make us stronger together - as one, we shall embody no single trait, but all the strengths of Character, Ability, Mind, and Purpose at once. The power of this union will forge the bonds of a Rebellion, a stronghold to stand against darkness wherever they fall."

The sound of the great bear's joyful laughter echoed through the mountains for the first time in a long, long while. As it did, the forest listened and for the first time in a long, long while, the birds began to sing.

The struggle to bring light to the darkness took every bit of strength the four had, and in time they restored the forest to its glory. But that is another story...

The way our heroes won the day

as is quite plain by now

Lies in the tangled letters below,

unscramble them to find out how:

ueT evFh rarUte deNin loiF!

Return to the Oracle

Show them treasures you have won

The password, pebble, picture, and scramble

Will show them your quest is *nearly* done

Our time was almost up... so we sprinted back to the CNF headquarters. We asked some other rebels and got a few clues. After much thought and scribbling, Annyshay and her companion solved the scramble. It's the quote from her signature to this day. As the video from CNF showed, Annyshay and her new friend brought their treasures to the Oracle and were given this final poem as instruction...

The campers drafted their letters and claimed their prizes... hero gems for their fine house. Merely minutes later Annyshay learned that her quest helped Rheno to win the camper cup. The magic at camp was so strong, that Annyshay's letter has since been lost. No matter, for she has gained MANY friends and together they continue to work to bring light to the darkness. This story, at least, is done.

logoCNF2016.png

• Like 8

Love as thou wilt.

On 2017/01/05 at 4:52 AM, annyshay said:

No reason to be sorry! Enjoy!

(PS. I'm trying to catch up again - I was only away from your thread a day! - so will take me a while to get through reading and watching the video)

• Like 1