Juice Bar (Guild Hangout)

Infinity.Creates

Hey all, don't forget to check out the mini challenges too. :) 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

Hey all, don't forget to check out the mini challenges too. :) 

Thanks for the reminder! 

• Like 1

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

12 minutes ago, WantMy$2 said:

Where are these mini challenges you speak of?

The sticky called Fruit Toss. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I've been treating everyday like its day one.

hope your allergies gets better Princessglam! Alleriges are a bitch. I hate how gruggy they make you feel.  And then its harder to determine, are you getting sick? should you still workout?

• Like 2

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

On 1/9/2017 at 0:17 PM, KaitSith said:

Does anyone else get messed up by digital only tracking?  I like making lists/spreadsheets/trackers but without paper and pen systems it doesn't stick.

I like the idea of digital tracking, since you can easily see trends over time and whatnot, but I find it hard to remember things that I've only seen digitally, especially books. Which makes no sense, I've never heard of anyone else having that trouble. I can't remember them like I can with a printed book. I don't even try to read more complicated books (lots of characters, or nonfiction) digitally. There's something about the words just scrolling endlessly by that makes them scroll right out of my head before they stick. Plus, without the book in my hands, I don't have that feeling for where I am in the book. I don't know, I guess I'm odd.

• Like 3

Aspiring Master Artisan and Ballerina

3 minutes ago, MTangel said:

I like the idea of digital tracking, since you can easily see trends over time and whatnot, but I find it hard to remember things that I've only seen digitally, especially books. Which makes no sense, I've never heard of anyone else having that trouble. I can't remember them like I can with a printed book. I don't even try to read more complicated books (lots of characters, or nonfiction) digitally. There's something about the words just scrolling endlessly by that makes them scroll right out of my head before they stick. Plus, without the book in my hands, I don't have that feeling for where I am in the book. I don't know, I guess I'm odd.

Happens to me too. I refuse to print out a zillion 20-page journal articles for homework every week, but when I read them on my computer is just doesn't click the way it should. I'll read the entire thing, know i read it, and still not have anything useful to say in class because I sit there going "what did that one say again?"

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, MTangel said:

Ooh, I'm a nerd about this stuff.  I LOVE meta data and to hear about other people's daily routines / tracking processes is because there is so much knowledge out there collectively.   I was able to quit smoking and wrangle in my grocery list & meal plan using some really great tips + mindset hacks from people who didn't even think that they had anything new to share.  As for digital books (and audiobooks): I need a physical touchstone.  I have to be able to take notes or doodle in a sketchbook, or something active or it all just blurs together.

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

Happens to me too. I refuse to print out a zillion 20-page journal articles for homework every week, but when I read them on my computer is just doesn't click the way it should. I'll read the entire thing, know i read it, and still not have anything useful to say in class because I sit there going "what did that one say again?"

Same here! I take quick notes on a sticky note and I can retain digital information slightly better, but over 100 pages?  My brain is jelly.  For tracking, I am recording process on a sticky not and then entering them into a tracker and forum post the next day.  It might be too much work eventually, but without the physical action it doesn't seem 'real' to me and doesn't stick - in the same way that I don't process reading information digitally as well as from a hard copy. 

• Like 1

Hey guys! I've been gone for a few months but I thought I would check in. I seem to have missed the beginning of the first of the year challenge but that is ok. I'll try to jump into some mimi-challenges, and I forgot about habitica, thanks for the reminder! Question about that too, does anyone team up with friends to take out monsters? Just curious if there is a group here or something. 

Glad to be back, can't wait for the next challenge!

23 minutes ago, ironmeg said:

Hey guys! I've been gone for a few months but I thought I would check in. I seem to have missed the beginning of the first of the year challenge but that is ok. I'll try to jump into some mimi-challenges, and I forgot about habitica, thanks for the reminder! Question about that too, does anyone team up with friends to take out monsters? Just curious if there is a group here or something. 

Glad to be back, can't wait for the next challenge!

Welcome back! It's not too late to jump in on this one if you want. I don't use habitica so I have no advice on that one. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I keep all of my appointments in my Google calendars - one that's just for me and another that's shared with The Husband. Otherwise, I write stuff down and completely forget about it. 

For goal tracking, I'm going to use my day journal - it's a weekly spread, so I'm just making boxes only for that week. It seems like daunting that way.

• Like 2
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, fleaball said:

Welcome back! It's not too late to jump in on this one if you want. I don't use habitica so I have no advice on that one. 

I'd have to agree, hop on in!

Hey all! How'd the first week go?

If you struggled with something or need to talk it out, we're here. :)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

AHOY! thought id check out some of the other random stuff on here
am i the only person who entirely ignores the sticky threads? on all the other forums im on, they are completely useless. forum guidelines, rules, codes of conduct, pah
PAH i say

so hows things?

my challenge is going pretty close to a-ok.
a-ok adjacent.

like a 14 year old schoolgirl, i track my progress with a marker on my bathroom mirror. i would have used lipstick, but i dont want to waste my acid green glitter pop lipstick on that.

• Like 1
AHOY! thought id check out some of the other random stuff on here

am i the only person who entirely ignores the sticky threads? on all the other forums im on, they are completely useless. forum guidelines, rules, codes of conduct, pah

PAH i say

so hows things?

my challenge is going pretty close to a-ok.

a-ok adjacent.

like a 14 year old schoolgirl, i track my progress with a marker on my bathroom mirror. i would have used lipstick, but i dont want to waste my acid green glitter pop lipstick on that.

They are worth paying attention to in the challenge forums, but I tend to neglect the ones here. :)

I've been doing good challenge wise but difficulty concentrating on my work and to do priorities. Also I am making to do lists but not really following them.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

6 hours ago, Lord Pakku, the Unhinged said:

Haha! Thanks so much for the laugh this morning :) I love seeing those X's adding up too (But I do it in red on a big calendar maybe I need to switch to the bathroom mirror) 

I just keep thinking about that hangover certain foods give me and I'm going strong!  Thanks for asking @fleaball

12 hours ago, Lord Pakku, the Unhinged said:

Great idea! Maybe you should just buy lipstick for just that reason!  lol.  A color for every mood!

Hey y'all! Another newbie here. I'm still getting used to the size of this forum, I mean, especially now at the beginning of the year there's just so much to read!

I realized I'm a pretty visual person when it comes to tracking stuff, so digital anything doesn't do it for me, because I need to be looking at the device or program. I'm using a calendar for my most important goals. Every day you can take the days number out and since there's a colored sheet underneath you get a colored dot. I only take the covering off on days that I did whatever I want to track, this way I can easily see on which days I did something (colored) and on which I didn't do it (black).

I don't know yet if that also works with fitness related stuff, though..

61FqmWNdcVL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 3

Is that in German? So jealous. 

You don't have to keep up with everything and everyone. Pick a few people to follow and drop in on others if you have extra time. :) it can be totally overwhelming otherwise. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'll add on top of what@fleaball said and add - don't actually try to track everyone. Especially at first. I did that my first couple times around and ended up talking to no one. :D

I do love your calendar. I might try and get one. :) it looks like a brilliant way to track the year

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

35 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Is that in German? So jealous. 

You don't have to keep up with everything and everyone. Pick a few people to follow and drop in on others if you have extra time. :) it can be totally overwhelming otherwise. 

Yeah, it's made by a German company, but it seems you can get it via Amazon US (search for "der springende punkt"), but it's very expensive there. It's really just the date, so you don't really need German to use it. What I love about it is how easy it is to see how well I did over the course of a year. Granted, you could just get a cheap calendar and cross the days you succeed out, but where's the fun in that?

29 minutes ago, Miw_Sher said:

I'll add on top of what@fleaball said and add - don't actually try to track everyone. Especially at first. I did that my first couple times around and ended up talking to no one. :D

I do love your calendar. I might try and get one. :) it looks like a brilliant way to track the year

I will! I guess I'll try for a mix of newbies and old-hands and see what happens. ;)

• Like 1