Jump to content

Jedi vs. The Wedding Stress


Recommended Posts

Hello there everyone! Happy new year!

 

So last challenge was a bust at the end there. However, I'm not too upset because it was my last break at home with my family and I needed to spend it with them. Besides, I didn't really do too badly considering that I managed to mostly maintain. I do need to get back into working out and eating a bit better though.

 

One of my main problems is that I stress eat. I usually just try to minimize the stress I'm under by doing things like working ahead in class. I also made myself so busy that I didn't have time to stress eat. Plus I tried to keep primarily healthy food in my house. Unfortunately, at my parents house I can't really do that. They have primary control over what I eat- which is usually fairly okay and quite healthy. But I also have a tendency to go out to eat with the Fiance a lot (whoops). We are still trying to back off on the eating out all the time thing since we still kinda see hanging out with each other as a celebration of sorts. Long Distance probs I guess. The other, bigger, problem is that being back with my parents is straight up stressful. Not just because I have less freedom, but because literally every time I eat I feel judged. Eating in front of my mom stresses me out, and I over-ate when she wasn't there because I was stressed, then I was more stressed because I was eating too much. My mom is very concerned about my health, kinda a bit too concerned. Mix that with the fact that even though I'm almost 22, I still have some emotional need to have her validate me, literally every time I eat I get stressed. I end up not eating quite enough as well because when I look for more than what she eats (keep in mind that she's like at least 30 lbs lighter than me and is significantly smaller with like zero muscle mass) I get anything from a disapproving glare to a comment to a full scale lecture. 

 

Anyway, I'm back on my own and get a week or so of empty house before my roommates come back. 

 

So. Goals. 

 

So this challenge is going to be a bit differently themed from many of the others: I've never done a non Star Wars themed challenge before. But the theming is very light so it won't be a huge to-do.

Spoiler

 

For those of you who don't know, in the world of J.R.R. Tolkien, there was a woman named Eowyn. She was a shieldmaiden of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer, the King's heir. During the Final installation of The Lord of the Rings, Eowyn snuck into battle against her uncle's wishes, along with Meriadoc Brandybuck, one of the four hobbits in the Fellowship to Destroy the Ring of Power. She then ends up battling, and defeating, The Witch-King of Angmar. This King was a powerful wraith, or Nazgul, under the control of Sauron, who it had been prophesied that "no man can kill."  (Eowyn was, clearly, a woman. Well done Tolkien.) Already battling with loneliness and despair from before the battle, her constitution was weakened. This combined with her injuries from the battle created prime conditions for a case of the Black Breath, which is a condition stemming from contact with the highly malevolent aura excluded by the Nazgul. Aided by the healing powers of Aragorn, the King of humans, she recovers in a place called the Houses of Healing.

 

So I'm in the process of battling my Witch-King, and when I defeat him, I will need a long rest in the houses of healing. You see, I just lost a beloved family member, my grandfather. I'm trying to process and cope with my grief, on top of finishing up my last semester of college. Ever. And I'm going to have a rather sad Christmas what with the loss of my grandfather and being my last Christmas at home before I get married (that part isn't sad for me but for my family, and I'm going to be immersed in that environment for two weeks). 

 

Things are very difficult for me right now, especially on top of a number of smaller problems. So this month is going to be a month of essentially coping as best as I can and getting ready for a fresh New Year start. 

 

My goals are going to be a bit of a deviation from my last ones, but they're going to be a bit of an experiment in figuring out a new routine now that I'm not in class anymore.

 

 **EDIT*** So when I was transferring over the structure for my goal rewards, the text from my last challenge was transferred as well. I left it there, in the spoiler, because it does affect my most recent challenge and how I'm handling things

 

Goal One- 2 cardio/week

I'm going to continue running once a week at the gym, but I'm also going to do Zumba once a week after work.

 

A- 2 for 4 weeks

+2 DEX +2 STA

B- 2 for 3 weeks

+1 DEX +1 STA

C - 2 for 2 weeks

+.5 DEX +.5 STA

Less is Fail

 

Goal Two- Keep Track of Food

This works so I can keep doing it.

 

+2 CON +2 CHA

Else fail

 

Goal Three- Stretch Each Week 6x

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

 

Stretch 6x/week for 4 weeks - A

+2 DEX +2 CHA

Stretch 6x/week for 3 weeks - B

+1 DEX +1 CHA

Stretch 6x/week for 2 weeks - C

+.5 DEX +.5 CHA

Less is fail

 

Goal Four- Strength 2x/week (1 class, 1 circuit)

I want to keep doing circuits, HIIT, whatever at home thing I can do for strength training. I'm also going to do one class a week at the gym. One I'm currently looking at is a barre class for strength.

 

A- 2 for 4 weeks

+2 STR +2 STA

B- 2 for 3 weeks

+1 STR +1 STA

C - 2 for 2 weeks

+.5 STR+.5 STA

Less is Fail

Well here it all is! May the Force be with us all!

  • Like 4

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

Day 1 Measurements 

Shoulders- 14 in

Chest- 30 in

Bicep- 9.25 in

Waist- 30 in

Hips- 39 in

Thigh- 17.5 in

 

Week 2 Measurements 

Shoulders- 14 in

Chest- 30.5 in

Bicep- 9 in

Waist- 29 in

Hips- 39.5 in

Thigh- 17.5 in

 

Week 3 Measurements 

Shoulders- 13.75 in

Chest- 29.75 in

Bicep- 9 in

Waist- 29.5 in

Hips- 39.5 in

Thigh- 18 in

 

Week 4 Measurements 

Shoulders- 13.75 in

Chest- 29 in

Bicep- 8.75 in

Waist- 30 in

Hips- 39 in

Thigh- 18 in

 

Day 28 Measurements 

Shoulders- 13.75 in

Chest- 29 in

Bicep- 9 in

Waist- 29 in

Hips- 38.75 in 

Thigh- 17.5 in

 

Goal 1

Week 1 - 2/2

Week 2 - 2/2

Week 3 - 0/2

Week 4 - 0/2

 

Goal 2

14/28

 

Goal 3

Week 1 - 6/6

Week 2 -6/6

Week 3 -0/6

Week 4 -0/6

 

Goal 4

Week 1 - 2/2

Week 2 - 2/2

Week 3 - 0/2

Week 4 - 0/2

  • Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

Following along again.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
On 1/2/2017 at 10:17 AM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

One of my main problems is that I stress eat. I usually just try to minimize the stress I'm under by doing things like working ahead in class. I also made myself so busy that I didn't have time to stress eat. Plus I tried to keep primarily healthy food in my house. Unfortunately, at my parents house I can't really do that. They have primary control over what I eat- which is usually fairly okay and quite healthy. But I also have a tendency to go out to eat with the Fiance a lot (whoops). We are still trying to back off on the eating out all the time thing since we still kinda see hanging out with each other as a celebration of sorts. Long Distance probs I guess. The other, bigger, problem is that being back with my parents is straight up stressful. Not just because I have less freedom, but because literally every time I eat I feel judged. Eating in front of my mom stresses me out, and I over-ate when she wasn't there because I was stressed, then I was more stressed because I was eating too much. My mom is very concerned about my health, kinda a bit too concerned. Mix that with the fact that even though I'm almost 22, I still have some emotional need to have her validate me, literally every time I eat I get stressed. I end up not eating quite enough as well because when I look for more than what she eats (keep in mind that she's like at least 30 lbs lighter than me and is significantly smaller with like zero muscle mass) I get anything from a disapproving glare to a comment to a full scale lecture. 

 

At 21, I was an anorexic, binge-eating college student who had to have the department sign off on her schedule because she took more credits than was allowed while completing her senior project. I over-managed my food consumption while at Uni, and binged whenever I was at my parents' house. Just saying, I totally get it. It sounds like you're processing the various factors really well, but still, let me know if you want to talk about it. 

 

You've got a great plan put together! Bring it on!

 

200.gif

  • Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

 Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

 2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Link to post
On 1/2/2017 at 6:22 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again.

Nice to see you again! 'Grats on your wedding and your Rebel of the Month!! :)

 

On 1/3/2017 at 0:19 AM, Shadri said:

Following! Love and hugs, my dear. I'm so sorry for your loss. Let me know if you ever want to talk. <3

Love and hugs to you as well <3 I'm praying for you in regards to yours as well. My inbox is always open :)

 

On 1/3/2017 at 0:52 PM, EricMN said:

Tierra-Media-Sombras-Mordor-Gollum_EDIIM

JEDI MASTER YOU HAVE RETURNED :)

 

16 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

 

At 21, I was an anorexic, binge-eating college student who had to have the department sign off on her schedule because she took more credits than was allowed while completing her senior project. I over-managed my food consumption while at Uni, and binged whenever I was at my parents' house. Just saying, I totally get it. It sounds like you're processing the various factors really well, but still, let me know if you want to talk about it. 

 

You've got a great plan put together! Bring it on!

 

200.gif

Thanks :) I think the problem is that being home for so long in that low key stifling environment kinda set me back emotionally fairly far, which is frustrating to say the least. Especially since I really need emotional strength right now to deal with everything else that I've got going on x_x ugh. 

 

I don't (think I) have an ED of any sort, but I know someone who did very well and from what she's told me it's really hard to work through. Kudos to you for working through every bit of what you have worked through <3

 

 

 So when I was transferring over the structure for my goal rewards, the text from my last challenge was transferred as well. I left it there, in the spoiler, because it does affect my most recent challenge and how I'm handling things. But also, sorry about that guys.

  • Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

gym-time.jpg?w=705

  • Like 5

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post

Found you and Following! :) 

  • Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

 

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Link to post

Following because The Force told me to....

  • Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

 

Link to post

How was the rest of zero week?

  • Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
On 1/4/2017 at 3:22 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

gym-time.jpg?w=705

I love this :) Gah, Carrie Fisher </3

 

On 1/5/2017 at 5:47 AM, Rhovaniel said:

Found you and Following! :) 

 

On 1/5/2017 at 2:53 PM, RES said:

Following because The Force told me to....

Glad to see you both! ^_^ 

 

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

How was the rest of zero week?

Pretty good! I found a cool fitness class that will KILL my little weak butt in a wonderful way. I'm also going to my friend's Zumba class, which is a lot of fun! I worked out all four days this week and got all my stretching in again, which I didn't lose too badly. And I've been eating fairly well now again. We shall see how things go after tomorrow's measurements o_o Then again, as of like a week ago, I'm three inches under what my measurements were when I bought my wedding dress in my "problem areas" (aka where there could be problems with the thing fitting if I went over what I was when I bought it). And that's after all of the Christmas food and exercise disasters. So no stress, just enjoying my life.

 

It occurred to me recently how very lucky I am. I'm usually really bad at looking at the positive side of things instead of the negative ones, but in reality things are really good in my life. I'm graduated, I literally started my dream job on Tuesday, right out of school. I'm getting married in April to my best friend. I've got a nice car that works and got two brand new tires on the wheels that drive the thing less than two weeks before it started snowing. I live in a beautiful city that I love. Opportunities for my Fiance to move up to my city are opening up more. I can afford a gym membership in a place that gives me classes and equipment, and I can go to classes to get both a good workout and some necessary socialization. I'm fairly healthy, getting healthier, and can afford good and healthy food. I am surrounded (virtually at least) by people who love me.

 

I need to remember this stuff more :)

  • Like 6

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

Congrats on the lost inches! That's great that you don't have to stress about fitting in your dress. :D

 

I love, love, love this post. Remembering all the good in your life is so important! And in hard times like these, it's even harder to do. This is beautiful. Thank you for the reminder to count my blessings. <3

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, Shadri said:

Congrats on the lost inches! That's great that you don't have to stress about fitting in your dress. :D

 

I love, love, love this post. Remembering all the good in your life is so important! And in hard times like these, it's even harder to do. This is beautiful. Thank you for the reminder to count my blessings. <3

It's so hard sometimes. Right now all I want to think about is the bad stuff. Like how cold my house is, or how lonely I feel not knowing many non college students/not having many people to hang out with, or how I want to listen to my grandfather's old voicemails that he left me but I'm scared to. 

 

Sorry, it's a bad night. I'm still adjusting to having free time. Honestly I think the reason I did homework all the time was to fill up empty hours and empty spaces. Right now I'm trying not to fill emotional hollow spots with physical food.

  • Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

Happy first day of the challenge I guess.

 

Did my measurements this morning. I'm kinda stalling a little, but that almost makes me feel better because it means that these measurements aren't just arbitrary numbers. I was seeing so much more progress there than on weight that it felt like I was doing it wrong. The fact that things have stalled a little is almost a relief since I can tell it's real.

 

I'm kinda proud, the measurements around my hips are solidly under 40 inches. They've been that way for a couple of weeks and they seem to be staying that way for a while. That's a fairly cool milestone. Now if I can get my belly measurement under 30.. Well it's right there, I'll just have to see what comes.

 

Please pray for my grandmother. She had a heart attack last night, and they had to transport her to the hospital where her husband (my grandfather) died. They gave her two stints and she was alert and doing fairly well as of this morning. Just keep her and all of us in your prayers, good thoughts, whatever you choose. It's a really hard thing, even harder knowing that we just lost Poppop barely over a month ago.

  • Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

I hope your grandmother gets well soon.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

I hope your Grandmother is doing ok, Jedi. Sending virtual hugs your way 

  • Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

 

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Link to post
On 1/7/2017 at 4:16 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I love this :) Gah, Carrie Fisher </3

 

 

I know, right?! Broke my heart...

 

Awesome job on week 0! Let's keep the momentum up!

  • Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post
22 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Happy first day of the challenge I guess.

 

Did my measurements this morning. I'm kinda stalling a little, but that almost makes me feel better because it means that these measurements aren't just arbitrary numbers. I was seeing so much more progress there than on weight that it felt like I was doing it wrong. The fact that things have stalled a little is almost a relief since I can tell it's real.

 

I'm kinda proud, the measurements around my hips are solidly under 40 inches. They've been that way for a couple of weeks and they seem to be staying that way for a while. That's a fairly cool milestone. Now if I can get my belly measurement under 30.. Well it's right there, I'll just have to see what comes.

 

Please pray for my grandmother. She had a heart attack last night, and they had to transport her to the hospital where her husband (my grandfather) died. They gave her two stints and she was alert and doing fairly well as of this morning. Just keep her and all of us in your prayers, good thoughts, whatever you choose. It's a really hard thing, even harder knowing that we just lost Poppop barely over a month ago.

 

Oh no... I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending positive thoughts your way. 

  • Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post
23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope your grandmother gets well soon.

 

12 hours ago, Shadri said:

I will absolutely pray for you all. I'm really sorry to hear about that, and sorry you've been having an all-around hard time. I hope your grandmother recovers well and that you start to feel better, too.

 

8 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I hope your Grandmother is doing ok, Jedi. Sending virtual hugs your way 

 

3 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

 

Oh no... I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending positive thoughts your way. 

 

 

My grandmother is doing a lot better! I got to talk to her on the phone last night. She got two stents put in and they're keeping her in the hospital for observation over the next couple of days but she should be home soon. She is going to be facing some lifestyle changes (including quitting smoking) so keep praying that she's able to stick to things!

 

 

3 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

 

I know, right?! Broke my heart...

 

Awesome job on week 0! Let's keep the momentum up!

Thanks! I'm doing fairly well so far this week I think.

  • Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

Okay so food wise, yesterday was... messy. I tracked every bit of it, which was the big "good job" that happened.

 

Essentially what occurred:

Road was icy so I didn't go into work to do work, I worked from home. 

Home has access to free snacks that I don't have to pay for (thus, free)

Exhaustion happened

Also was day 1 of my period (kinda a surprise, I knew it was coming soon but I was having carb cravings that I wasn't expecting to need to do)

Roommate's gf bought pizza to share

The new episode of Sherlock was watched and there was spiked cocoa 

 

I knew when I woke up exhausted with nowhere near enough sleep that I wasn't going to be able to work out yesterday. Then when I didn't wanna drive on the ice, I knew that there was no way for sure since I'd just done a strength training workout the day before and don't like to do those back to back.

 

Today WILL be better. I'm eating better already and had enough breakfast that I started getting super hungry at just the right time. I've got Zumba tonight, and my soup is in the fridge so I'll eat that tonight.

  • Like 5

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post

Hey guys! An update on me.

 

I LOVE Zumba :) I'm considering becoming an instructor once I'm better at it, it's just so much fun to do. My running is going... weirdly. I don't know if my shoes are wrong or if I'm just still breaking them in but my feet and arches start aching before my body gives out in regards to running. 

 

Strength training is fun, but the teacher for the class I tried last week is going away. So I'm trying to figure something else out. I'm either going to do a second circuit or start swimming, not sure which. Advice??

  • Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Link to post
2 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Hey guys! An update on me.

 

I LOVE Zumba :) I'm considering becoming an instructor once I'm better at it, it's just so much fun to do. My running is going... weirdly. I don't know if my shoes are wrong or if I'm just still breaking them in but my feet and arches start aching before my body gives out in regards to running. 

 

Strength training is fun, but the teacher for the class I tried last week is going away. So I'm trying to figure something else out. I'm either going to do a second circuit or start swimming, not sure which. Advice??

 

That's awesome! I'm glad you like it so much! I've done Zumba all of... two times, maybe? I always found it difficult to coordinate all my limbs. And they say you're supposed to simultaneously sashay your hips around like some alluring seductress, and here I am flailing like a giraffe. xD It was great fun, though.

 

As for advice for what to do to replace strength training: If circuits and swimming are the two options you have chosen, are you able to try them both and then continue with whichever one you like better? Or maybe alternate them every other week?

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, Shadri said:

As for advice for what to do to replace strength training: If circuits and swimming are the two options you have chosen, are you able to try them both and then continue with whichever one you like better? Or maybe alternate them every other week?

I too, would recommend the trial approach. That was it eliminates any lingering doubts as to which was the better one to go for...

  • Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

 

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines