Bouncer's First Steps of Becoming a Fairy

Fairly_Bouncer

OOC getting the words down: 

It's 2017 and after sticking with NF at least 75% of last year, I have been able to figure out maybe one day my dreams could become a reality. In short, my goal is to become the fairy I always dreamed of being. (will add in story why I figured out this)

Hoping to become strong enough to join the assassins, but as the adventure of school will start on the 9th also, I first need to find the balance with myself.

Move like a Fairy - Daily Yoga - Revolution Challenge by "Yoga with Adriene"

This has been my goals for the last few months. Figured out my "dislike" is from new habit adding sometimes. Between work, everyday stiffness/spasms, and add the stress of school...

Eating like a Fairy - Drink at least 10 cups a day of water/tea and 5 fruits/vegetables

You never really see Fairies drinking Coca-cola (polar bears yes), or processed candy. They tend to have more than enough food from their environments. Which I usually think "well because of their size". In reality, I have more than enough food around me, I can't even complain about money since how much I invest in pop and sweets could buy my needed quota of water/tea and freggies. 

My Weekly Goals/Daily Goals:

Pretty much my goal for 2017 is making my real life as good or better than my online life. (am thinking of posting explanations on a battle log to keep references in one area).

Reserving the next four posts to keep as my weekly focus points. I've been inspired by others on NF for how they arranged goals like battles, I personally will be adding a reward of some sort (real life or RP like). 

Also if anyone has suggestions for naming the "RP" school or place I will be battling for the next 4 months that would make it a bit more fun.

I'm excited about my classes, will be my first time checking out different subjects: Oral Traditions (an intro class to see if I want to do an American Indigenous Studies for my minor) and "Wildlife as a Recreational Resource" (using to fill up a General and get a better idea on the bigger view of parks, since I love my trails and worked at a camp and a State park). 

• Like 5

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

Week 0:

• Yoga 0/6
  • Drink and eat like a fairy 0/12 (going to double based on two goals in the end)
  • Weekly goals: (going to keep 3 active or less per a week)
    • Start up a buddy group (accidental)
    • Rewrite Main post "rp" like
    • Find student ID (I lost in the last four months, trying to figure out where I hid it in my apartment so well)
    • Get budget situated for the week/month
    • (questionably active) fill out and turn in apartment application for getting on the list to move
    • (questionably active) make 2017 battle log

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

Following!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

20 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Following.

Will follow you back!

And also at the start of the new year, Michi and I decided to start up a group. To replace the sadness of not being able to buy the new NF thingy, we are going to try to make our own! You can find it here: The Unnamed Group

• Like 2

Just noting when I find my student ID.... I'll be giving myself +1 constitution and +1 wisdom... yes I need to make my simpleton character up... But how I've gotten deep cleaning done and still can't find that darn card... I think the universe hid it on purpose so I am doing the cleaning before school starts (which comes in handy so many ways, especially since with luck I will be moving in the next 6 months). 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jessebel said:

I love the idea of making goals around becoming something like a fairy. Beautiful goals!

I'll have to join in on the fun of the unnamed group, particularly since one of my goals this round is drinking water like a boss. 

It had taken me a year to finally figure out a visual, isn't wasn't till I added the idea for just a short challenge last month.

And awesome that the monthly challenge matches one of your goals, may true hydration begin our year right!

• Like 1

Tuesday (Day 1/6 of week 0)

Did Yoga (peaceful when I have background music on) and drank me fluids. Veggies and fruits, I will say no. I didn't really eat a lot yesterday. If it wasn't mostly sugar, I had to force feed myself. I ate about 3 servings in total at most.

Today though is a different story. Fluids a bit harder, drank 3 cups at work (1 for every hour, would have drank more but that was filled with extra sugar coffee drink).

Realized with Lara bars though, that they aren't as expensive compared to Special K meal bars or candy bars. I had started to avoid Lara bars this last year after sitting and eating an entire box in one sitting, I realized though compard to box cereal and candy Lara bars I would probably getting the full nutrition that I've been craving. Yes spendy, but in comparison to my unhealthy options, pretty darn good. And with the bonus of getting at least partial fruit serving...

Kind of my thoughts toward buying a cup of coffee and La Croix water, I've spent more on the worst.

Okay one more. Just saying my need for caffeine has dropped hugely compared to what the last 6 months have been like.  Yes I have days where I need the extra kick when I can't take a nap, but isn't required to function at work or maintain my apartment. If anything I have days of regret of drinking too much caffiene/sugar before work because my body is getting the overdrive/hypersensitive to myself and the world reaction. I still need to avoid the pop aisle when shopping, however it isn't a war with myself like the last three years of trying to get off the stuff.

Liberating, for now until I hit the study books... Teaching my brain I can study and learn without sugar will be intersting....

• Like 3

On 1/2/2017 at 3:18 PM, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Pretty much my goal for 2017 is making my real life as good or better than my online life. 

That is an awesome, awesome goal. 

10 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Realized with Lara bars though, that they aren't as expensive compared to Special K meal bars or candy bars. I had started to avoid Lara bars this last year after sitting and eating an entire box in one sitting, I realized though compard to box cereal and candy Lara bars I would probably getting the full nutrition that I've been craving. Yes spendy, but in comparison to my unhealthy options, pretty darn good. And with the bonus of getting at least partial fruit serving...

Those sneaky Larabars ... I find them very addictive.

• Like 2

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

I used to buy Special K Double Chocolate bars cause I figured it was better for me than candy. Problem is I'd buy the value box at Target and then I'd eat like.. half a box in one sitting. Oops.

• Like 1

Challenges:

On 1/4/2017 at 9:01 AM, stealthstitcher said:

That is an awesome, awesome goal. 

Thank you! Slowly actually coming up with a plan, but so far meeting real for roleplaying instead of MMOs seems to have helped already next to cutting of my Facebook and netflixing time.

On 1/4/2017 at 9:01 AM, stealthstitcher said:

Those sneaky Larabars ... I find them very addictive.

32 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

I used to buy Special K Double Chocolate bars cause I figured it was better for me than candy. Problem is I'd buy the value box at Target and then I'd eat like.. half a box in one sitting. Oops.

Larabars have pretty much been my rescue food the last few days, and have been annoyed with food, unless of course from already made from someone else.I had easily saved $20 from having the bars around. I've been only eating up to two per a sitting so far (or not even all of it, been finding half bars when I'm hungry later, lol). Not the perfect solution, but keeps the thoughts of deprivation down and my needed food consumption filled.

I'm definitely having a zero week, the prologue to what may come! I've been given a challenge of helping out at the museum for cleaning up areas  to prepare for a new exhibit (regretted not getting a coffee with my fast food dinner last night, or more water throughout the day).

Came up that some of my exhaustion has from keeping my to do list in my head (where it morphs into bigger monsters). So a little bit better after writing over a page worth of "to-dos".... Annoyed I only have more week day left in the week, but 3 days until I go to my first class.

Water - I can tell you now water consumption has been lower than what I need. It has just been hard, I have no idea why, except like food I avoid it unless it's sugary/fat filled.

Veggies - Wednesday I hit them, fruit cups a ton of veggies on a sandwhich or lara bars. And today And today, questionable since my actual of making of food is a bit of a struggle when  are dropping things from being tired.

Yoga- My living room just hasn't been easy to get yoga done... I'm annoyed because I need it, but I'm so sore before I move things around.

I'm having plan on getting back to bed tonight sooner then later, as I'm finding myself grouchy at everything.

• Like 3

And I ended up having my own week zero xD

Since Thursday bed has been my run too. I ended up marathoning two seasons of bones and still had enough time to play several hours of Rune Factory.

No yoga has been done... even though my entire body is screaming for it. My living room has just been a mess though...

Veggies have been eaten I just can't remember how much, and today and been my biggest hydration day because my body started begging for it since midnight...

I can only relate anxiety being with school, and making it harder to deal with any other type of stress. 

I've been mainly playing games to cope with the stressors. Tonight I'm turning to the rebellion for the next few hour, then try to get to bed at a reasonable time (though the cold has been giving me issues with my car unless I turn it on every few hours). 

Main goals for tonight:(sadly my goals for last week weren't touched)

-Figure out how much money I have...

-Clean the "smell" out of my kitchen

-Get school stuff in my bag.... (write down class schedule)

Bonus: FInd my darn ID.

• Like 1

Anxiety is hard. And doing anything but coping while in the grip of anxiety is like crazy hard (and might not be possible). Seriously take care of yourself.

If you are not sure what activities help you cope with anxiety the best, consider trying different ones. For example, I noticed reading and taking walks works so much better than TV watching and/or games. (Although I still do a bit of both when anxiety hits.)

Also the first few seasons of Bones are pretty entertaining!

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

On 1/8/2017 at 4:59 PM, Dagger said:

Anxiety is hard. And doing anything but coping while in the grip of anxiety is like crazy hard (and might not be possible). Seriously take care of yourself.

If you are not sure what activities help you cope with anxiety the best, consider trying different ones. For example, I noticed reading and taking walks works so much better than TV watching and/or games. (Although I still do a bit of both when anxiety hits.)

Also the first few seasons of Bones are pretty entertaining!

Yeah Netflix was good just to get out of my head this last week... Bones was very good (even when I'm having Mystery styled dreams xD). Last night I ended up running into issues of just staring into the world of Gilmore Girls (re-watching Season 4, Rory's freshman year ended up being part of my mother's over the phone pep talk). So blocking that on my computer (if I use my home computer at all the next few days).

I personally love my walks, the anxiety has helped since yesterday when I walked a few blocks in the wonderful blizzard like weather. I have to remind myself to walk more when I am in my college town, since I can't stand walking around my hometown.

Thank you for getting me thinking, been mulling over it the past few days. Next to when my brain goes negative I've been battling it with prayers and things I'm thankful for.

On 1/9/2017 at 1:03 PM, Altamarie said:

I found you! I will be catching up tonight and following along!

So far hanging with the druids has been the wise point even though I've been barely on, need to catch up with the entire site... Was happy to see the email when I was waiting for class to begin!

Oh how my reaction toward the events, has kept me away from NF. I didn't have any melt downs (yet), unlike in August.

My Wildlife Management class I found the professor has a lot of energy, while my Oral Traditions feels a lot like high school... (however, I was way more with it then I've been on

I'm surrounded by a mix of tired students and excited non-traditional students.

Along with lots of snow... On my way to my first day yesterday, I ended up in what I could only describe as a whiteout that only lasted just over an hour (the time were I picked up food and was trying to get to school...). One point couldn't see the car in front of me. I haven't been able to figure out the symbolism of "blizzard conditions", but "clean slate" comes to mind.

Now for my goals. I'm going to have change the challenge toward APD (latest NF blog post). Start tomorrow since today was a full day (not enough time).

I'm thinking maybe making categories. Categories for fitness/nutrition, taking care of my environment (tending home base needs from cleaning to budgeting), and work/school (the main reasons I decided to join Druids).

Today I've been "going" since 5 am. Started to relax after 4:15. But tried to work on rewriting notes... Now it's time for me to go home. Tomorrow morning will be a challenge to do laundry (since with school and my hobbies has been taking up the evenings).

Now off to home with a small coffee to help me home.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Thank you for getting me thinking, been mulling over it the past few days.

I'm glad it helped. The reason I started look at it was this article: Are you tired?

7 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Now for my goals. I'm going to have change the challenge toward APD (latest NF blog post). Start tomorrow since today was a full day (not enough time).

I'm thinking maybe making categories. Categories for fitness/nutrition, taking care of my environment (tending home base needs from cleaning to budgeting), and work/school (the main reasons I decided to join Druids).

I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Sounds like it'll be a good one.

Also take care of yourself when driving in that much snow fall. It sounds like you can handle it, but still, be careful. :)

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

5 hours ago, Dagger said:

I'm glad it helped. The reason I started look at it was this article: Are you tired?

Been actually sharing the ideas with my professional help, something a lot of them need for themselves.

And will be safe! I drive like an old lady, and people are luckily getting smart enough with their own driving.

• Like 2

Just went and read that blog article you mentioned (the APD) and I like that way of looking at it!

• Like 2

Challenges: