Bouncer's First Steps of Becoming a Fairy

Fairly_Bouncer

On 1/12/2017 at 5:45 PM, MichiruSedai said:

Just went and read that blog article you mentioned (the APD) and I like that way of looking at it!

*nods*, need to change the darn thread and figure out a way to score myself, so on my bads days I can  see what I have done.

On 1/13/2017 at 9:00 AM, stealthstitcher said:

Image result for baby animal gif

I have nothing much to say, so I give you this baby turtle.

Baby turtles are always lucky... xD Thanks.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:54 AM, stealthstitcher said:

Doing okay? Are the classes eating you alive?

More like the level business of my life decided to go through the roof when I started school. To the point I have had to remind myself to get home and go to bed. Along with my body shutting down my brain so I could rest last weekend, sadly got behind on homework.

Blocking all tv/movie sites on my computer due to my issue of falling into the rabbit hole... Sadly can't block Facebook since seems to be the best place to get in contact with certain groups. 

Loving classes, am annoyed by my commute but luckily putting aside money for gas won't be difficult. Been liking work when I've been studying every day (thinking/tired brain and rested body makes work easier).

I joined the Gaming club at school, sticking to the board games night. Anthropology club is a little tricky but giving myself a little time I guess before I jump in.

I also joined in something awesome!

http://www.utsa.edu/today/images/graphics/altspringbreak.gif

Going to Winnipeg!

Getting a needed chance to travel with a new group of people and get some new experiences.

March 4th is when we will be heading off.

My own 6 week challenge! xD

Like any of my quests  I need to break it down to help with my daily life. 

Since from staying on top of school, self-care, and the house care will make the trip more fun!

In the past when I've done a similar trip, school was always a mess (but my life was a chronic mess daily back then). 

Goal is to make the goals simple and doable. I'm at the pushing point to keep tabs on everything.

So goal today, slowly update my thread while reading other posts and getting caught up on school work (the assignments are awesome just need the patience to just do it).

• Like 4

Personfied/Comissioned Druid Avatar by EzratheButt

Just went and read that blog article you mentioned (the APD) and I like that way of looking at it!

*nods*, need to change the darn thread and figure out a way to score myself, so on my bads days I can  see what I have done.

More like the level business of my life decided to go through the roof when I started school. To the point I have had to remind myself to get home and go to bed. Along with my body shutting down my brain so I could rest last weekend, sadly got behind on homework.

Blocking all tv/movie sites on my computer due to my issue of falling into the rabbit hole... Sadly can't block Facebook since seems to be the best place to get in contact with certain groups. 

Loving classes, am annoyed by my commute but luckily putting aside money for gas won't be difficult. Been liking work when I've been studying every day (thinking/tired brain and rested body makes work easier).

I joined the Gaming club at school, sticking to the board games night. Anthropology club is a little tricky but giving myself a little time I guess before I jump in.

Going to Winnipeg!

Getting a needed chance to travel with a new group of people and get some new experiences.

Since from staying on top of school, self-care, and the house care will make the trip more fun!

In the past when I've done a similar trip, school was always a mess (but my life was a chronic mess daily back then). 

Goal is to make the goals simple and doable. I'm at the pushing point to keep tabs on everything.

So goal today, slowly update my thread while reading other posts and getting caught up on school work (the assignments are awesome just need the patience to just do it).

Going to Winnipeg!

ugh the 3 posts kind of hindered my enjoyment of continuing on the forums.... my computer hasn't been liking the forums for some reason. Trying to get through some school reading hours before class so, breaks with all of you peeps.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/58/e2/65/58e2653a6ceeb554b66d8d4dc57859f2.jpg

had 12 hours of sleep last night, wanted more.... I just had to tell myself last night when going home instead of Pathfinders - I'm no good unless I get enough sleep to learn and save money from overpriced sugar.

Mostly was relieved of being able to sleep, annoyed that getting enough sleep each night has been difficult.

• Like 1

I'm going to stop saying what I'm going to do around the forums... since that doesn't seem to work anymore...

As I told my mother on Friday or was it Thursday, "what is a day off?"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/70/73/a3/7073a31e91af6eaa2e585a5be348c711.jpg

Literally have my schedule maxed. Thursday was board/card game night with two of the same guys I met last week, and three new guys. Cards of Humanity for what ended up being a needed break the ice for regular conversation. Probably the most polite group of guys I've literally laughed hard with for three hours. Sad part, only sevenish hours of sleep when I leave on my gaming nights (I used to be able to run on that daily, now I need twelve hours of sleep to feel mostly refreshed...).

Friday was dragging my feet through work, trying to work on my customer service skill (somewhere in my brain I don't trust any customers when I'm trying to be a cleaner, put me behind a desk at a museum I'm too nice at times xD ).

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/2932551.jpg

Then a couple of hours of study before I finally crashed for twelve hours...

Worked all day on Saturday (finally was given a data entry project, mainly copying data onto the computer to be copy and pasted later... 2 years worth. No studying on my volunteer/work at the museum. However, I have far too much fun with data entry then I should, and be brain dead at the end of the day.)

Saturday night was me dragging my feet so my uniform would be less icky, while doing a small marathon of Bones....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d3/36/10/d33610af449ec87c5da578077ac16756.jpg

Hit the 100th episode... In 29 days...  There was a point that I knew the murder when first met on the show... Now in season 4, they add more then enough twists to make it believable on why I couldn't figure it out at first.

Work was far more miserable this morning, work has been really busy. Really good for the business, however something else when my brain is sensitive to all the noises around me. Warned my manager I was only doing the bare minimum... Just was annoyed with myself.

Went to the grocery store for food instead of Mc Donalds (been just keeping a bag full of food and refilling with what I crave). Gushers, peanut butter granola bars, and soda with a salad is slightly nicer to my pay check and my body (can be eaten over several hours instead of thirty minutes). Been blasting a Pandora radio with huge house mixes to be able to deal with my hearing based on this song: (really working hard on not blasting my ear drums when I get irritated with someone... I am working on getting nice ear muff like earphones for the sake of this. Next to electronica mixes sound amazing with better speakers).

Well back to ready my 80 pages of reading, good stuff just takes forever to get through. Added pics for a needed break/make a bit easier to read. Just needed to "think" vomit, since I lost my phone over a week ago and can't call my mother... (Partly why also following on NF has been harder without just randomly checking in on my phone).

• Like 3

Spoiler

Whelp, the last two days I discovered I'm really good at making myself feel physically ill.  Was in bed all day yesterday because I was recovering, and ended up binge watching nearly 24 hours of Bones in 36 hours (yeah went around my blocking things).

Figured out I like Bones for how it changes views of things, from relationships to school.

But had me thinking about what is being so hard with school, so many memories from the most stressful years of my life, sucking me back in time (having me so sick with my muscles tight and causing a headache, and insomnia).

With a bit of encouragement from my life skills coach I had gone to classes today, even though I thought it was worthless. It ended up being 100% what I needed. I wanted to go into hide/safety mode, but ended up able to do some problem solves to help me get through the classes with the reward of putting in a lot of effort, professor's respect, and added tools to my game plan. 

Having the new goals of wanting to learn how to problem solve through my anxiety and depression, and personally being aware that I will learn how to be able to do large projects in a healthy matter.

I guess to me, with my problems with school I realized weight loss isn't really going to happen until I figure out what brings all the different emotions of my past. From eating being my choice of drug, and my weight being a thick armor that is tight and weak from surviving battles.

My skills coach brought up maybe I need to be approaching the problems not only thinking of my ADHD, but the underneath emotions from trauma that is hidden somewhere for my own protection. 

So an even slower process. But a reason why the "nerdfitness" approach hasn't worked fully for me.

So my first steps for trying out this week:

-Chug away on homework. My goal for working on school is 18 hours at least in one week.  I'll be noting here how much I actually have been getting done each day.

-Do at least one song worth of picking up around my apartment, and my van daily. (Less stressful than minutes).

-(A long stretch): Write down what I eat and how I feel. Eating food is very emotional, I've known this. I've said I am a four year old when it comes to putting rules on myself. So going to put a journal for at least my thoughts on what I eat at the moment.

Spoiler

Partly from all the above, I realized the one thing I'm mad at is not able to have an anxiety pet (damn allergies prevents me from having a cuddly cat). Since the last few days I've been just wishing for a hug (hot showers and weighted blankets only get me so far). But today a guy in my class offered me a hug (I swear he must be empathetic by the questions he asks people and offers). I swear my mood has been better since then, and I personally hope it has put a sign on my back saying "free hugs" to anyone else that's interested....

• Like 1

Figuring out how to manage anxiety and depression is a big beast to tackle and totally worth it. But it is really hard to do anything else at the same time.

It sounds to me like you're figuring out a plan and adjusting as needed to figure it out. I certainly know that the more I figure out what triggers my anxiety and how to deal with it and how to stop it in its tracks, the better my life quality have become.

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

On 1/27/2017 at 2:00 PM, Dagger said:

Figuring out how to manage anxiety and depression is a big beast to tackle and totally worth it. But it is really hard to do anything else at the same time.

It sounds to me like you're figuring out a plan and adjusting as needed to figure it out. I certainly know that the more I figure out what triggers my anxiety and how to deal with it and how to stop it in its tracks, the better my life quality have become.

Yeah, the big one is allowing the anxiety to grow inside of me until I can't think straight (like getting sour internally). Today I finally was able to invison the, "I'm not drowning yet!" When staring at a large project for work, and knowing what I have to get caught up on. Ended up getting some "swimming" metaphors, remembering painful situations that moving forward and enjoying the view I survived:

You-dont-drown-by-falling-in-the-water.jpg

I can stop and float when I need to, but moving forward slowly somehow and someway. 

Writing my emotions around food has been easy enough yesterday and today. I notice my mindless eating I avoid the journal. 

Yesterday didn't go well with the above goals, but I got through them after work today. 

2+ hours of studying! Fully caught up in one class till Monday, and swimming and floating in my other class. Working on reading what was due last week, so I have an idea where my professor was going during lecture. 

Very little picking up yesterday, made up for it today by doing at least 2 songs for apartment and car. Even less than 10 mins some helpful difference. 

Trying to make a goal to post here and post on a friend's thread! 1 book pg= 1 NF post. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Very little picking up yesterday, made up for it today by doing at least 2 songs for apartment and car. Even less than 10 mins some helpful difference. 

It is surprising how little can make a huge difference. :)

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

19 hours ago, Dagger said:

It is surprising how little can make a huge difference. :)

Yeah, I'm still shocked. By just doing 5 mins reading chunks and 1 song cleaning rotation. Wow.... located somethings and got through last weeks readings. 

How is the flippin' weekend over?? 

I did get laundry done yesterday. I did go to work on time this weekend. Just hit 4 hours of studying this weekend. Am ready to go for my one class tomorrow. Just started reading the readings for this week in my other class. 

I had hit a rut once more all afternoon. Something unknown triggered me at work during my last hour, where I stuck myself cleaning the break room (reason why I still have the job, when I can't handle anything I've at least cleaned off all the seating and the microwave really well). 

School is just a trigger right now, and I'm good as I get going. The starting part though... ugh a war with myself. Though I had a double trigger, something in my environment had me flashing into the past. Figured out I had forgotten to eat... so tasty pigs in a blanket (noncured beef hot dogs with a nicely seasoned rolls, that I bought frozen). Was able to start up on studying an hour after I ate.... (realized it was over 6 hours... not healthy). 

Been eating like a rich college kid on a budget. Tired out different frozen meals I didn't dare touch due to my parent's thoughts in the past. However, reminding myself I'm learning a whole new me, new ideas. Brands that sometimes have  ORGANIC, HORMONE-FREE, and Minimally Processed. Lack of heartburn all weekend, and had no real desire to buy a burger from Mc Donald's (had me wanting to run home actually to eat something after work). Gives me a new idea on what to look at. Real food that can be cooked via microwave or on foil in the oven (when I'm getting fancy). 

Snacks need to be figured out on what I'll actually eat/keep me going. I had strawberries all weekend (very nice, but rare find). Fruit cups around, but need a bit more with school and my busy days. 

• Like 1

Okay forgot to write down my "homework" progress.

+Mainly just all reading to bring to class. I think I hit just over an hour yesterday and I just was done.

+My goals for cleaning have been going well, low enough that I'm being mindful on at least picking up something for myself when needed.

-Writing down my food hasn't been happening. Which probably led to me overeating on sugary cereal and poptarts (two things I usually don't buy for myself, but found myself drooling over them).

New goal:

!Getting my activity back up on NF. Trying to keep up on my own thread and the group thread I made. Along with posting on another friend's thread daily.

http://www.wondercomments.com/comment/online_friends_comment_05.gif

!Weekly goal of Yoga. Just a video weekly, like a free massage to myself and help me move a bit easier for work and less fatigue from school.

http://www.vatikag.com/ss1/1318186770-screenshot.jpg

I want to add a goal of hiking, I love hiking, the best medication for all my "issues". Except a huge new habit, and I think I would come out of being in more pain until I keep at least a Yoga habit up to stretch out all the muscles.

School situation, needing to share my eureka of the week:

Spoiler

I am enjoying one of my classes greatly, realized its the first time "ever" where the class comes easy to me. So easy my first reaction was anxiety, while this week I realized not just enjoyable but rather easy for me and leave me curious (what I always dreamed college to be). Wanting to stay caught up, so I don't miss anything.

While my other class, has me fried, and scared. So fried that I'm having trouble turning the "fear" into passion for the class. A class I'm realizing is going to help me figure out how tow deal with that fear, and still get my project done. Exactly why I came back to school, to figure out not only how to "speak" like I know what I'm doing but actually be able to show I can do the process.

In a month, it will be a year when I completed my first Cover Letter (after I figured out I wanted to try out museum jobs). Invisible blood was over that damn thing. Now I'm doing something bigger, but more fun, but hitting my weak points: DEADLINES (following through a full "quest" along with stamina). I know I can do it. (as I keep telling myself...). It's just painful at times...

So first goal. Following through each quest. At work I just remind myself I'm getting paid pretty well for having to clean bathrooms under a time crunch. It has gotten to a point even in my bad days (like today). I'm still able to complete the darn bathrooms within an hour now (before at least 90 minutes to two hours when I started). Progress of 3 months and a supportive work environment.

School. I feel like I have a shorter amount of time. But it's a lot of anxiety and fear filling up the time to make me sick. My professors are unbelievably supportive, and are willing to work with me if I take longer than I need to. "I just need to get it done". I never thought that cleaning bathrooms would teach me just to remind myself, even if I'm heavily irritated and don't want to do it. I still can somewhat smile and get through. Well with homework I don't even need to worry about smiling, just reading and then sounding somewhat friendly on paper/and easy enough with classmates.

It's dumb, but I keep thinking me taking "forever" I should give up and toss the towel since I'm being disrespectful by not able to keep up. Reality keep chugging.

So if you read or not the spoiler of school. Keeping on going, one thing at a time... I will be updating my class assignments, since I got it down to one focus at a time (even with my home life really).

My week's goal. Get majority of my homework done before the strike of Friday. My B-day weekend! I had taken Saturday off.

A shopping spree and dinner for myself, and having to cut out the anxiety of homework will be the best birthday present to myself! (Self loving here).

http://crislercoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/self-love-e1462791088413.jpg

• Like 1

And a huge amount of procrastination as I was writing up the post....

Next goal:

-Figure out where the heck my major's club is.

-Read an article on the differences of "knowledge" between Western thinking and American Indigenous.

If anyone has any idea how to "reward" myself that would be great. Because I have enough inner negativity, that I have satisfaction when I finish an assignment... but the next one will come afterwards. Momentum can be a not a nice lady at times...

10 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

A shopping spree and dinner for myself, and having to cut out the anxiety of homework will be the best birthday present to myself! (Self loving here).

http://crislercoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/self-love-e1462791088413.jpg

I love your birthday plans. And that quote is excellent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dagger said:

I love your birthday plans. And that quote is excellent.

Thanks! The quote was quickly found by googling "self love"... Which can be an interesting search (mostly normal), but I realized I had 3 guys hanging around me on a large screen public computer and well grab and pick ended up going well... Other words: was meant to be shared!

19 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

And a huge amount of procrastination as I was writing up the post....

Next goal:

-Figure out where the heck my major's club is.

-Read an article on the differences of "knowledge" between Western thinking and American Indigenous.

+Found out the anthropology club is VERY active. To the point I found myself volunteering on my slow day... They have big plans and are working on trying to figure out how to make it work (DC is one that was brought up, and just getting more people on). Ended up finding out I need to go to game nights so I can "snarky" out of my system, a room of fellow college girls don't appreciate it as much as I group of gaming guys do. 

- Didn't get the reading done.

+However, I took my mother's advice on just "turning it on time". (Showing up and turning something in, probably could get a descent C with no problem). So  I turned in two "discussion" posts before crashing into bed. 

Today: Update at 1:24 pm (US Central)

+Get at least 200 words written for one of my projects before I have to leave (while I'm getting ready to go). (Hit 300+ words before leaving)

+Hang outside before volunteering. From reading to actually going on a hike on the winter riverside (I'm having to go early before volunteering due to transportation). (Went on a 10 min walk, faster then I thought, was short due to having a good talk with a coworker)

+Practice happy mindfulness at volunteering (reminding myself work is just mindfulness practice). (Not even needed)

!Read one of the story articles for tomorrow. (Just started to get into)

+ended up reading and finishing a star book reading that was due yesterday, no regrets but just started the needed homework 

!Need to write down what I ate today 

One too many goals, but it's early. I think I can hit them all!

• Like 1

+Finished one of two stories!

+Finished both stories needed for tomorro! Booyah!

I lost a bit of steam halfway through the first one after volunteering... I wanted to escape. So badly, I was looking at games that never ended well with depression (sadly sims and minecraft and mmos are the most helpful on bringing out my depression, because I need more and more to say goodbye to the world and make myself a hole.)

So I thought of rewards as I was fumbling around the longer list of school work.

And saw that Rising Heroes is allowing a new membership. I realized I have the money now, and am going to spend on a game anyway by how I feel. So a quest to make the deadline! So far read the stories!

!Post on the Discussion Boards! I think at least 2 responses on my class disccusion board.

Some self lvoe here!

• Like 1

Self love is always good! Haha, so much of my challenge is focused on that, even more so because I'm reframing the way I look at following my goals from something that would be good for me, to something that would be loving for me to do. I hope that will also show me when I've chosen goals that don't align with what I want to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dagger said:

Self love is always good! Haha, so much of my challenge is focused on that, even more so because I'm reframing the way I look at following my goals from something that would be good for me, to something that would be loving for me to do. I hope that will also show me when I've chosen goals that don't align with what I want to do.

Yeah, I really understand the having to do loving yourself/easy on yourself. Something that is the only way to get through my goals. I'm heavily resistive, more than once I had a good pattern and habits going. Out of nowhere I resisted full on, resisting all what I had just done. Realizing that there is reasons (ledgit reasons for myself) on why I stop, but having to realize I need to fully be loving to myself just to figure out what the hell I'm doing.... Learn to turn fighting with myself (parent/child relationship) to caring and loving myself better than a best friend.

Thanks so much for responding Dagger. I need to respond to your thread, or I can at least say next month is to keep track on you and really busy thread.

I nailed it last night! Nearly five hours of working through stuff last night! After I lost steam and gained it back by reading throught the Rising Heroes information for a reward.... It worked. I ended up not only finishing my readings and the discussion, but a full paper turned in (and I actually proofread a bit before turning in!). Now need to work on a part of the project that is due today, but I'm down to 6 hours for my 18 hour goal. Not all going to be done today (unless a time miracle happens). But I'm hoping to hit the 18 hours by tomorrow. A little bit more than the week's goal I had, but hey it works!

Food writing isn't happening, but I'm hoping Rising Heroes will give me a different way to do it.

So what I want to get done within the next 36 hours.

!6 hours of working on school assignments.  

!Going to all my classes and work on time today and tomorrow. 

!Board game night to blow off some needed steam with laughter. 

!A birthday plan for the weekend (Sunday I know will be rest day, but iffy on what I'll be doing on Friday night or Saturday.)

!Pay 2nd payment for Spring Break trip

Assignments to work on (understandable if not done):

!Figuring and writing proposal for project

!Reading next week's material (may need to stop proposal to work on reading especially for easy class) (will break down as I go through)

!Reading an article I didn't finish for the hard class this week (foundational reading, gives a bit better understanding on how to approach future readings). 

NF:

-do at least one challenge on Unnamed group and post pic for challenge. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Thanks so much for responding Dagger. I need to respond to your thread, or I can at least say next month is to keep track on you and really busy thread.

No worries. Of course it would be nice, but I totally get that my thread that is usually updated daily can take some time to keep up with.

It is awesome seeing you do so well, and I can't wait until you can celebrate your birthday exactly like you want to. I find it so cool that you can set a plan like that and then execute so you can celebrate happily. :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dagger said:

No worries. Of course it would be nice, but I totally get that my thread that is usually updated daily can take some time to keep up with.

It is awesome seeing you do so well, and I can't wait until you can celebrate your birthday exactly like you want to. I find it so cool that you can set a plan like that and then execute so you can celebrate happily. :D

With that note I'll start reading along today, just because of the help!

Yeah, I keep thinking "doesn't everyone?"

My only issue is when I get so strict or people are not so gun hoe about my way of doing things. But I've learned from the past, and found that my family has a respect for at least my b-day (it can be all about me xD). 

Finally getting back to homework. After crashing after work/helping my brother out (he asked me during board game night, so because of unknown environment causes I'm working on homework till midnight then giving me a "32 hours birthday time off"). Sleep good, but annoyed on how I can't seem to get caught up again. But biting that back. 

I had about 12 hours done in a week last week, and was mostly caught up except that extra 6 would have helped with the assignment I'm behind it. And 5+ hours has been my "highest" for a day. 

So... with that ado. I need to get back to work. 

But, this last week gave me an idea of goals. School work and picking up home and environment in "song" chunks. Working on those goals helps get the pressure off. I will be adding RH then, but calling that the "Fairy Quest" (agent quest sounds too boring). Something happening in the background. My goal is to use it daily. It's a bit spendy and I know I need to put my effort to go toward my life. It has what I need,  a quest chart that matches NF goals with a full blown storyline to observe. So yay, already no my future plans for the month before I go to Winnipeg!

• Like 1

Next 7 hours:

-Turn in a slobby Project proposal (at least find out if I'm going in the right direction)

-A load of laundry, to check off a worry off my list. Finished!

2 hours in 4-5 hours. I figured out the project and the outline. But between being exhausted and ready to have a full blown melt down when trying to write out the first draft. Just isn't going to happen tonight. I am more than half done! 

So going to get some sleep and figure out what to do in the morning. May quickly write it up and then enjoy the time. Or whatever. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stealthstitcher said:

Hey - checking in - how is life?

Thank you for checking in! I'm definitely hitting my year's goal of life more interesting than online and video games. Which has made it difficult to restart a battle log! Even though I feel like I'm struggling, in the grand scheme of things I'm on the better note of life. Mainly well enough to see where the holes are in my life, but working on it. Will start working on a battle log post. (Need to write the full story and clean it up to make sense).