Dauntless zenLara enters 2017

Lara

2016 was a GOOD year

Resultado de imagen de celebration gif

New activities, new places, taking risks... I want more of that. But, as these last 2 months have been a bit of a downer, with all those headaches and almost no exercise, I'm taking it easy. I have a whole year to develop and grow, I don't need to do everything on the very first month.

So It's about baby steps

Resultado de imagen de baby steps gif

As always, the main point is, as stated in my last challenge, to live a meaningful life, so a big amount of energy and focus will be spent on not letting anxiety, bad feelings, procrastination or laziness drive me to another kind of life. This is the most important goal and every other one is subject to it; it's the final purpose of everything I'll be doing.

So, my first steps for this year will be (10 different areas):

Freedom of movement. Check FF update. DONE! Neck stretching long series at least once a day. Weeks 1 & 2: nope. Week 3: 4 times plus one visit to the new physio. Week 4: 3 times. From january 9, add 1 hips and 1 shoulder stretch. Weeks 1, 2 & 3: nope. Week 4: twice.

Being stronger. Self-defence: from january 9, twice a week. Weeks 1, 2 & 3: nope, only once each week. Week 4: DONE!

Outdoors. 1 short or long walk a week, outside the city. Weeks 1, 2 & 3: nope.  Week 4: DONE!

Eating healthier. Fixing broken thermomix. Tracking what I actually eat. WEEK 1: DONE! WEEK 2: DONE! WEEK 3: DONE!  Week 4: DONE!

Owning more clothes. Make a list of what is most needed. Go clothes shopping at least twice this month. DONE!

Clean and decluttered house. I have daily, weekly, monthly and season tasks lists. Follow them and keep track of what is done. WEEK 1: DONE! WEEK 2: DONE! Weeks 3&4: nope

Growing savings. First step is to regain the money that will be spent in the trip to London and put it on my savings account. It can take up to 2 months to do this. DONE! Began to save for the next trip.

Reading. Won't be buying ANY books until I finish reading all of those in my pile (this is going to be tough). Read for at least 20 minutes each week. WEEK 1: DONE! WEEK 2: DONE! WEEK 3: DONE! Week 4: DONE!

Icelandic. 1 page from íslenska fyrir alla 3 per week. WEEK 1: DONE! WEEK 2: DONE! Weeks 3&4: nope

Music practice. On standby until I get BigGuy advice. PLANNING DONE! WEEK 1: DONE! WEEK 2: DONE! WEEK 3: DONE! Week 4: DONE!

That's it. Not too overwhelming, but enough to gather momentum.

FF: 0.5 DEX

Self-defence: 1 STA, 1 DEX, 0.5 STR

Walking: 0.5 STA; 1 STA if walks are cross country and long.

Food: 0.5 CON

Clothes: 1 CHA

House: 2 CHA

Savings: 1 WIS

Reading: 0.5 WIS

Icelandic: 0.5 WIS

Music practice: 1 DEX

Let's begin!

Resultado de imagen de bruce lee shirt gif

• Like 11

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

16 minutes ago, zenLara said:

As always, the main point is, as stated in my last challenge, to live a meaningful life, so a big amount of energy and focus will be spent on not letting anxiety, bad feelings, procrastination or laziness drive me to another kind of life.

I love this. 

16 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Resultado de imagen de baby steps gif

I also very much love this. 

Following along! 

• Like 3

The Sarcastic Computator

49 minutes ago, deftona said:

Shared twisted sense of humor :D

Because, seriously, that poor child may have never tried to stand on his feet again.

Thank you for following!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

Because, seriously, that poor child may have never tried to stand on his feet again.

that's the beauty about baby steps - he would have and many more times until he got it. Babes don't give up :) We'll just have to remember that baby in us

I'm always impressed how organized you are, wow!

Following of course, squeeeeeee

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

7 hours ago, zenLara said:

I have a whole year to develop and grow, I don't need to do everything on the very first month.

But that means you're doing January all wrong! :D 

Jk.

How come you're learning Icelandic? It's really cool that you are, it's a great language! I love how Icelandic just got kind of stuck in time compared to the other Nordic languages. :) 

• Like 1

in! looking forward to seeing how great you do. you have such clarity of mind and deliberate purpose, I admire that about you. :)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

26 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

But that means you're doing January all wrong! :D 

Oh boy! :D 

26 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

How come you're learning Icelandic? It's really cool that you are, it's a great language! I love how Icelandic just got kind of stuck in time compared to the other Nordic languages. :) 

I like that too, it's like a frozen language. I chose it because I wanted to learn a new one and this time it was for me, so it didn't mind that the language were "useful", I chose it because I like how it sounds.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, karinajean said:

in! looking forward to seeing how great you do. you have such clarity of mind and deliberate purpose, I admire that about you. :)

Thank you, darling! Let's hope everything comes to a good end :) 

I'm such a terrible person. I'm laughing so hard at that gif. Ah well. 

You're going to kick ass.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Oh boy! :D 

I like that too, it's like a frozen language. I chose it because I wanted to learn a new one and this time it was for me, so it didn't mind that the language were "useful", I chose it because I like how it sounds.

I think that's a great reason. Plus Iceland looks amazing, I'd love to go there one day!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, fleaball said:

9 hours ago, deftona said:

8 hours ago, zenLara said:

Spoiler

large.572a1dd5658d3_catvsbaby.gif.ac1c12

• Like 7

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

OH MY GOD NTB. That's hilarious but I feel so bad at the same time. You get all the points today.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I like your set up.  So much going on but in bite size pieces. :)   

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

You're going to kick ass.

Goal for the week: make everybody feel bad about something funny. Achieved.

Thank you! I hope!

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I think that's a great reason. Plus Iceland looks amazing, I'd love to go there one day!

I'd love too. But unfortunately it is a very expensive country to travel to. Will have to wait for now...

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hide contents

large.572a1dd5658d3_catvsbaby.gif.ac1c12

Nobody ever told this kid what a cat is??!

1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

I like your set up.  So much going on but in bite size pieces. :)   

Thank you. I try to keep it simple, but let's see whether it works or I yield to the "do everything right now" fever.

• Like 2

Ok. This is it. I've packed my suitcase and prepared all my materials. One night of sleep and I'll be in London. Wish me luck!

(I promise I'll catch up on all your threads when I come back AND that I will drink at least one cider to the health of you all!)

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Ok. This is it. I've packed my suitcase and prepared all my materials. One night of sleep and I'll be in London. Wish me luck!

(I promise I'll catch up on all your threads when I come back AND that I will drink at least one cider to the health of you all!)

Eeeeek! Let me be the first person to welcome you to England! It's freezing here. Bring a coat. 

• Like 2

The Sarcastic Computator

Yaaaaaaaay good luck! Have fun! Eat all the fish and chips!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Have fun!!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

thinking of you! hope london is amazing!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.