Dauntless zenLara enters 2017

Lara

6 hours ago, Endor said:

I think your written English has improved a fair bit over the last few challenges too

I don't know what to say, I don't know? I've noticed how it has improved since 2014, when I first came to NF and began to use it, but I haven't noticed any improvements lately. However, if the Grammar Nazi says so, I'll take it :barbershop_quartet_

22 hours ago, deftona said:

Well done on smashing the final week, Lara! 

6 hours ago, Endor said:

Nice job, it's turned out to be a good challenge despite everything!  Well done! 

Thank you guys!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Nice work, Lara! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

woah, talking about coming back up in superwoman style :love-struck: am totally blown away how you did that

Also love how your summary shows clearly all the wins you already had piled up :)

Brilliant challenge!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Busy week.

Quick update until I have time to think about another challenge.

Flow is over. I enjoyed it, it's in my opinion a good book with interesting ideas. Specially liked chapter 6. Took some notes that I have to put some order to before I start reading Kahneman.

I went to self-defence on monday WITH my boyfriend, it was awesome. He suffered one of our lovely sparring sessions for the first time, when a bunch of people throws you on the floor and hits you until you manage to get out of there... three times.

The most positive thing of this week so far was the rehearsal with the teacher's orchestra. I missed self-defence because of it (I'll go tomorrow), but it was worth it. I had been a bit worried these past days, but nothing close to real anxiety, and yesterday I woke up earlier and went to my classroom to warm up quietly on my own. It's been a month since I began practicing in this new way, and I'm starting to control many things, and the sound I got yesterday was specially amazing. I have always admired how some flutists seem to play in a way where the sound doesn't appear to come from a physical instrument, but rather looks like something flowing through the room, something alive and independent from the instrument itself (I really don't know how to describe it. I wasn't able to do it in my own language yesterday, I'm sure I am not explaining myself now in english). Well, long story short, I was playing like that yesterday. It was thrilling! Everything felt so easy, the sound was just flowing out of the instrument without effort, and I haven't even practiced the parts yet! 

:iconraindanceplz:

• Like 6

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

That sounds wonderful~

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Parallettes day! I was feeling so good from yesterday's success that wanted to celebrate, and what better than a parallettes workout?

· plank side to sides 5x8

· assisted shoulder stand raises 5x8

· jump throughs 5x8

· assisted inverted press 4x4 I can barely go down a few cm. This and push-ups have been my personal nightmare for so long...

· swing sets 5x10

FF stretches

• Like 6

Challenge's up!

• Like 2