TiffanyD loses 2 feet.... but I'm only 5'1" (Part 1 of 10)

.TIFF

Hello gang!  I hope everyone had a great holiday :) Mine was not as pleasant as I had hoped, my house guest was very difficult but after she was gone I was able to just be for almost a week and it was lovely.  

This is the first new year I have actually taken measurements, and due to my holiday "eat all the things" I got to find out that I am larger than I have ever been :( 

giphy.gif

So this year I am changing that!  I will lose 24 inches off my measurements over this year.

Current Measurements : Calves, Thighs, ect are per side.

Calves - 17.5" 

Thighs - 27.75"

Hips - 45.5"

Waist - 38.5"

Underbust - 37"

Biceps - 13.5"

(need to add my measurement at belly button)

Weight (As of Jan 1) - 190lbs

This Years Health Quest Overview:

I will embrace my new hellish workouts - I will get in LISS on my off days with a goal of 10k steps or 30 min of yoga.

giphy.gif

I will meal prep twice weekly, and I will only have ONE F'it meal a week (minus my 2 weeks in Italy in may, that eating will be epic, lol).

giphy.gif

I will drink my damn water...  seriously - minimum of 64oz a day

And I will make myself feel pretty damnit!

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)

10 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

And I will make myself feel pretty damnit!

giphy.gif

First of all. You're gorgeous just the way you are. No bull, I mean that 100%. (Imma send you a PM...)

But when we're talking getting healthier, of course I'm always on board! You've got the plan, you've got the motivation, you got the crew looking out for you. Following of course!!! <3 <3 <3

• Like 3

10K steps or 30 minutes of yoga sounds like a really good goal! Flexibility, but still gets you moving :D

You're going to rock this challenge, even if I do second everything RedStone said above.

Bad houseguests are the worst... mine from last summer wants to come back. *sigh* Glad you got through it!

• Like 1

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Grrrrl, I feel you on the holiday weight gain. I am weighing in at more than I have weighed in probably 2 years after these holidays. I'll check in on you, you check in on me? I definitely need those water reminders! I'm also trying new feeling pretty things lately. Just got a haircut! And I'm exploring new make-up ideas because I suck at it. @Emerald_Dragonfly and others have given me tips and I'm progressing from there. *runs off to fill her water bottle*

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Like Sandra Bullock in that silly movie about her being an undercover FBI agent at the beauty pageant with Shatner and Candice??

• Like 3

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

21 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

10K steps or 30 minutes of yoga sounds like a really good goal! Flexibility, but still gets you moving :D

You're going to rock this challenge, even if I do second everything RedStone said above.

Bad houseguests are the worst... mine from last summer wants to come back. *sigh* Glad you got through it!

Thanks!  Yeah, I have trouble with 10k steps a day so I wanted to give myslef an out that was healthy if it was needed.  I can manage it on weekends, but weekdays can be difficult with a desk job.

My grandmother is hit or miss on the bad house guest thing, she can be really difficult, or great, this was just one of those times she should have had friends with her, or gone to cocoa for a few days.  Really I have found more than a week with family is just too much in general, lol.

21 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Grrrrl, I feel you on the holiday weight gain. I am weighing in at more than I have weighed in probably 2 years after these holidays. I'll check in on you, you check in on me? I definitely need those water reminders! I'm also trying new feeling pretty things lately. Just got a haircut! And I'm exploring new make-up ideas because I suck at it. @Emerald_Dragonfly and others have given me tips and I'm progressing from there. *runs off to fill her water bottle*

I am there for ya, talking about water with everyone helps remind me as well!  I think mine was a mix of the competition where I was like "ill just let myself eat and be strong", and then the holidays where I was like "ill just eat"....  Oh well, I am already moving in the right direction so I am going to stop freaking about it so much.  And yeah, I remember the make-up chat....  I have just noticed if I can't do it in the car I don't, hah.  I should probably get better about that.

19 hours ago, wildross said:

Like Sandra Bullock in that silly movie about her being an undercover FBI agent at the beauty pageant with Shatner and Candice??

I am honestly not sure what Mindy was referring to in the gif, I was just amused so I threw it in there :D

15 hours ago, Darth Taco said:

Bonus water goal?

Her final talent portion of the competition will always be my favorite, remember to SING!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

Yesterday was a solid day, and I am pretty sure today will be the same! Also down .6 lbs as of this morning.

Workout: I was still run down from my endurance Orange Theory class on Monday so I did abs with my trainer.  We did banded sit ups, including up-sets where I did 10 reps with one band, he added a band and I did 10-15 more.  Then we moved on to side pulldowns 70lbs for sets of 20 on each side.  After that I jumped on the stair master for 5 min, it's not much but it's still more cardio that I would have normally done.

Food: I tracked all my food, had all my supplements, and cooked all my meals.  I did have 2 beers (one while cooking dinner, and one while eating dinner).

Water: Hit my water goal before I left for work, and had at least another 20 oz afterwards.

• Like 6

Battle Log

Instagram

Her final talent portion of the competition will always be my favorite, remember to SING!

That poor actor. Wonder how many takes they did and how many times she overdid one of them..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Another solid day yesterday, and today is completely planned out as well.

Workout: Not exactly sure what to call it (I refer to them as banded runs), 2 heavy resistance bands tied together, one end is connected to a pole, one end is connected to me via a chest harness and I have to run and touch a medicine ball.  The very first warm-up set I broke one of the bands and got a nice smack to the glute region, lol.  We reset with new bands and I did that for time, 1 min, 1.5 min, and then 2 min.  Then we moved on to sets of around 30 squats on the smith machine with my feet positioned far in front x 3.  Hit up the stair master again at the end.

Food: Followed my plan though my pre workout was a cookie, lol.

Water goal was hit again!  I slowed down on this because I am getting sick of the water baby gut that I have going.  I am going to stick to 64-70oz max.

• Like 4

Battle Log

Instagram

I've wondered how easy it was to snap a resistance band. But I also never consider pulling on one while running. So I feel pretty safe that I'm not going to snap one doing every day activities. [emoji6] 

That sounds like an awesome workout! 

It was the thickest band they have, but old so I'm sure that was part of it. What's great is that the whole gym heard it, and I got a text from my trainer this morning asking "how's the ass".

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Battle Log

Instagram

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

This is a plan I can get behind! (Though only if there are no bands to snap me in the face)

Yes... and yes.

Pretty sure I'm gonna have to start replacing bands soon... they just don't seem to like my garage gym.

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Yesterday was in fact another solid day!  I think I am getting the hang of this, though zero weeks always seemed to be "my week" during the challenges, lol.

Workout: New PR of 155 on bench press!

giphy.gif

Super excited, but since it was just a bench day with a friend I didn't get my heart rate up much, should have jumped on the stair master but we didn't keep time well and Ben was making dinner so that it would be ready when I got home so I didn't add time at the end.

Food: Followed the plan, and Ben was super supportive and cooked like I asked him to instead of how he wanted (a casserole was involved in his plan)

Water: Got in over my goal, and not so much over that I am a bloated mess.  I think my body is getting used to the increased intake more as well.

Today will be a bit more difficult since there were not enough leftovers from last night for lunch.  The plan is to hit up chipolte for chicken, brown rice, all the veggies including lettuce, pinto beans, and guac.  And dinner tonight is meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans!

This weekend is finally a time of rest since I have been to the gym every day since Monday, and my "F'it" meal will be spaghetti where Ben and I make everything from scratch, including the pasta.  Probably going to use some ground lamb because it's super tasty, so that will be a fun day.

Saturday my activity will be chores, lots of chores so I should get my 10k steps in if I keep up with everything.  And Sunday will be my relaxing day with some yoga.  My main goal is to keep up with proper meals and my journal for the weekend, I tend to let those things slide on sat/sun.

• Like 9

Battle Log

Instagram

8 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Workout: New PR of 155 on bench press!

Woooooooooooooooooo!

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...