Altamarie Square One

Altamarie

The training dummy swung around and smacked Altamarie squarely between the shoulders. She fell forward with a small yell and landed face down in the dirt. She just decided to stay there. Her last few adventures had not gone well at all and she was struggling. She laid there in the dirt and just thought over everything she could have done better.

Part way through the pity party she was having, she felt a hand on her shoulder and shifted her face from the dirt to see who it was. She turned her head to see not one but several pairs of boots and one pair of knees. She rolled over more. Groaning at the soreness she could feel starting between her shoulder blades. Squatting and standing around her were several of the other adventurers. They all smiled at her and she accepted an offered hand to get up.

On the walk back to the mess hall she explained to them that she just felt defeated. Nothing seemed to be going her way and she never seemed to be able to finish an adventure lately. No one said anything bad instead they got a table and sitting around her told her of their tales. They talked of struggles and failures and triumphs. She smiled at them all as the finished their stories feeling better and being so glad that she was here with them. She decided then that she would continue on.

“I am starting over!” She announced. “I feel like I am back at square one, so square one is where I will start!”

Here I am respawning, in every aspect. I am starting 017 almost exactly where I started 2016 in weight and I'm as tired as ever. My house is a mess and I feel like my life is as well. I want to get things in order and rock the crap out of 2017!

I am going to follow a type similar to @WritingWeaver and have you lovely followers help me out with bonus challenges! :)

This is a big respawn, but some of it is stuff I already do just improving on it. If I feel it is too much I will reduce and try something else. I am going to put the core goals in a spoiler because there are a lot of them. I am going to break them down and work on specific things each week while also working on core goals, I will most likely start a battle log to track all core goals. After looking at @deftona's challenge it may be very similar in how its done :P

Core Goals:

Spoiler

Establish Morning Routine (Work Week):

• Out of bed by 5:50am on Weekdays
  • Pack a lunch at least 3 days a week
  • Bring 2-3 healthy snacks to work
  • Be ready to leave house by 6:25
  • Shower at least every other morning (I promise I do that now but the times vary and I want to do t in the morning cause curly hair and sleeping on it wet is a bad idea.)
  • Eat Breakfast!

Establish and Evening Routine:

• Daily dishes Washed or in dishwasher
  • Take pills every night.
  • Bullet journal every night.
  • 15 min of reading every week night before bed.

Fitness

• Weigh in every Saturday.
  • Measurements every other Saturday.
  • Walk 8k steps every day, even weekends.
  • Yoga for at least 15min every day.
  • 8 glasses of water a day.

Diet

• Track Food
  • Track my calories every day and come in under goal.
  • Meal plan every Sunday.
  • Start eating at least 2 fruits or vegetables 4 times a week.
  • Drink only 1 pop or less per day.

Organization

• Schedule needed appointments by Jan. 15th.
  • Find a spot for everything in each room or get rid of it.
  • Put away everything I used for the day away before bed.
  • If something new comes in what it replaces get thrown away.

Happiness

• Have at least 1 night a week to do something with just my husband.
  • Participate in plan/planning things more. (Aka. Do more stuff!)
  • Be straight forward about my wants and needs.
  • Post in NF forums daily (1 day miss is okay)
  • Check up on other Adventurer’s

• Like 8

My Character ~~ My Log ~~ Formerly Kelley Gammell

Week 0 Goals:

• Cleaning and Organization part 1: Kitchen, dining room, and living room

• Establish morning routine (Weekdays only)

• Can have 1 miss this week (4 days this week Normally 5)

• Establish Evening Routine (Everyday)

• Can have 1 miss (7 days)

• Walk 8k steps every day!

• Start food log/tracking - MFP

• Be here every day and check in with my buddy list!

• Participate in rising heroes quests

Week 1 Goals:

• Cleaning and Organization part 2: Craft room and hall closet

• Yoga everyday

• 8 cups of water daily

• 1 pop or less a day

• Continue goals from week 0

• Like 1

Yay for the basics!  Happy Respawn!  :)

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Happy Respawn!

92458bd4537fb85e7605ddf40a083168.jpg

I'm doing the same with my step goal, although it started working at the end of my last challenge. It was after I realized I aimed too high after falling off. Let's get back together!

• Like 4

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

22 hours ago, deftona said:

Yay, another friend in the "back to basics" camp! 

Yay! We can do this! We will be better :)

14 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

Yay for the basics!  Happy Respawn!  :)

Thanks Michi!! 

54 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Happy Respawn!

I'm doing the same with my step goal, although it started working at the end of my last challenge. It was after I realized I aimed too high after falling off. Let's get back together!

Thanks! We can do this. I get you on the step goal!

• Like 2

Walking back to her room Altamarie contemplated how to start over. Then it struck here. She picked up her pace and happily jogged to her room. Once there she went into a whirlwind of cleaning and putting away. When she was done she was left with the essentials and what she had originally joined with. She was going to get better and earn back her other items as she progressed.

Alright Week 0 is well underway!

Here are my goals for it, along with how i am doing so far. (My week is Sunday-Saturday) ~Also posted above along with week 1~

• Cleaning and Organization part 1: Kitchen, dining room, and living room (1/3)
  • Establish morning routine (Weekdays only) (1/4) - (Totally missed today though)
  • Establish Evening Routine (Everyday) (2/7) - Missed Sunday
  • Walk 8k steps every day! - 1/7
  • Start food log/tracking - MFP - 3/7
  • Be here every day and check in with my buddy list! - 3/7
  • Participate in rising heroes quests - Yes!

So far I am feeling good. I got my kitchen reorganized and cleaned on Monday so that was nice. My living room is almost done, just need to clean up the TV stand and then onto the dining room which houses a hutch and the coffee station. My nightly routine is settling nicely, i think it's stuff i always used to do randomly through the evening and now its more organized and I like it. Steps are doing okay, i missed Sunday and Monday because after new years....  Food tracking on My fitness Pal is also going well making sure to add my snacks which I always missed before. Was under Calorie goal yesterday! I have been good about checking in so far, hope i continue. Rising heroes is going well so far as well, I am enjoying it. My hardest obstacle is waking up in the morning. I just don't want to do it. Since I got the sun lamp i noticed when I do get up I am more awake but I still hit snooze and go back to bed. :(

• Like 6

Yesterday was not a bad day just not a good day.

I felt off all day and exhausted.  I made no progress on most of my goals because after work I took a nap, cooked dinner, did some light yoga, and went to bed. I was just very out of it and felt completely off..

• Cleaning and Organization part 1: Kitchen, dining room, and living room (1/3) - Nope
  • Establish morning routine (Weekdays only) (1/4) - I could not get up to save my life so noope
  • Establish Evening Routine (Everyday) (3/7) - Yes
  • Walk 8k steps every day! - 1/7 - Nope only 6 k
  • Start food log/tracking - MFP - 4/7 - Yes, I went over. I was also constantly hungry last night. Very odd.
  • Be here every day and check in with my buddy list! - 4/7
  • Participate in rising heroes quests - Yes!
  • Like 4

Usually when I feel like that, it means I'm on the way to getting sick unless I rest and throw C vitamin at myself.

And you did do some yoga despite it all.

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

It sounds like you needed the nap!  Taking care of yourself is incredibly important.

• Like 1

Challenges:

On 1/5/2017 at 8:37 AM, Dagger said:

Usually when I feel like that, it means I'm on the way to getting sick unless I rest and throw C vitamin at myself.

And you did do some yoga despite it all.

I have been feeling better sense then so yay!

On 1/5/2017 at 4:48 PM, MichiruSedai said:

It sounds like you needed the nap!  Taking care of yourself is incredibly important.

I for sure did! I will thank you.

On 1/6/2017 at 8:00 PM, Feowyn said:

Hi! It seems we come from a similar place.  I need to get my crap together in just about every area of life. I'll be following along. ;)

Hello! glad to have you!!

• Like 2

Sorry about being gone!

Friday was busy at work and the travel. Saturday was a family day all day. Today i have been cleaning and did my mile walk :) Here is how my week went :)

Cleaning and Organization part 1: Kitchen, dining room, and living room Finishing this now!!

Establish morning routine (Weekdays only) (2/4) Pretty good for a start of something new

Establish Evening Routine (Everyday) (6/7)

Walk 8k steps every day! (4/7)

Start food log/tracking - MFP- Yes!!

Be here every day and check in with my buddy list! - Missed 2 days

Participate in rising heroes quests - Yes! So far I am really liking it so far. I can't wait for new quests this week.

• Like 4

The next morning Altamarie decided to start by doing some basic training out on the field. No one else was around and for that she was glad. She started with some basic stretch poses watching her breathing and posture it felt good to go through motions she hadn't in a long time. Next she starting practicing fight maneuvers going from one stance to another. After a little bit of that she sat down and began to meditate. Not long after that she felt a hand on her shoulder. 

Week 1 Goals:

• Cleaning and Organization part 2: Craft room and hall closet

• Yoga everyday

• 8 cups of water daily

• 1 pop or less a day

• Continue goals from week 0

I am also asking @WritingWeaver for a quest today! Whatever you want it to be!

• Like 5

Oh boy, no pressure ;)

This quest is a reflection quest (that will stretch on however long you wish). Throughout the day, at least once a day, write down something you think you did amazingly well at or feel really proud about. Killed your hydration goal? Learned/mastered a new yoga pose? Made an amazing lunch? Doesn't have to be challenge related either, just anything you feel you did great at. Write it all down on separate little pieces of paper. Put them in a jar/box/ container of some sort. 

If you start beating yourself up about something, or feeling down, pull one or two of these from the container and reflect. Think of how amazing you are, look at what you've accomplished, remind yourself you CAN do it!

• Like 3

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Altamarie turned at the hand on her shoulder. Behind her was @WritingWeaver smiling at her. Altamarie invited her to join in the meditation session. She agreed. "I have something i want you to meditate on daily as well. I want you everyday to think of something good you have done and store it away for when times get harder." The meditated and she went on her way. Afterward Altamarie stood thinking about what she had been proud of that day, wrote it down and tucked it away, smiling.

Yesterday I had cake and that was bad. Today I had jimmy johns which is bad but with everything around here could have been a lot worse. I know I will be having chipotle for dinner for a friends fundraiser but i will have a salad. I am tracking all of it and being aware of the choices i am making.

• Cleaning and Organization part 2: Craft room and hall closet - Started!
  • Yoga everyday - Still going strong - 2/7
  • 8 cups of water daily - 2/7
  • 1 pop or less a day - 2/7 - Have actually been drinking no pop most days :)
  • Continue goals from week 0:
  • Morning routine (Weekdays only) (1/5)
  • Evening Routine (Everyday) (2/7) 
  • Walk 8k steps every day! - 0/7 - Nope only 6 k last night and sunday was bad too
  • Start food log/tracking - MFP - 2/7 - Yes!
  • Be here every day and check in with my buddy list! - 2/7
  • Participate in rising heroes quests - Yes! New quests started yesterday that line up super well with my current goals and it makes me so happy!
  • Like 6

Sorry guys. This cold had me in a fog yesterday. Also I am just feeling very disheartened. I feel my rpg story sucks and what I am trying to do sucks. I love the challenge @WritingWeaver but I just feel I haven’t had any major wins except those first too days. I mean this could be SAD talking or my anxiety or the cold but it is just how I feel. Let down in myself and all I have been doing. I feel like my challenge this time around is a joke and uninteresting. I also am in the mind set currently of just not seeing the point. Also I haven’t been able to go get groceries between sick and snow so I’m not eating super healthy and I don’t have many options. I’m just… disheartened.

• Cleaning and Organization part 2: Craft room and hall closet – no more progress. Sick.

• Yoga everyday - Still going strong - 4/7

• 8 cups of water daily - 4/7

• 1 pop or less a day - 4/7 - Have actually been drinking no pop most days 

• Continue goals from week 0:

• Morning routine (Weekdays only) (3/5)

• Evening Routine (Everyday) (4/7) 

• Walk 8k steps every day! - 1/7 – I was close last night but was too tired and in a fog to get the last 400 steps

• Start food log/tracking - MFP - 4/7

• Be here every day and check in with my buddy list! - 4/7

• Participate in rising heroes quests - Yes

• Like 4

It is probably the SAD and the cold (both things I am dealing with right now, so I can relate), but that doesn't make the feelings less valid!  It does make them less logical, but when are feelings logical?  And you know what?  Your challenge isn't a joke.  You aren't failing.  It's only a couple days in and we have a whole month.  Can someone else go to the store for you to restock your healthy options, if you are still too sick to go?  I hope you feel better soon.  *big hugs*

• Like 1

Challenges:

I just looked at your list, which is a pretty long one and you know what I mostly saw?

Win win win win win win.

You are currently in the belly of the beast when it comes to this challenge. Or in writing novels I'd guess you'd be at the 1/3 point.

This is the time where you see just how long the road is ahead of you and how much work it is. But the thing is, the length of the road doesn't matter. Tomorrow doesn't matter.

Today is the only day that matters. Don't think of the future or how you will hang on for the rest of the challenge. It is only about taking care of yourself today.

Because that is what you are doing. You are caring for yourself and that sometimes takes different shapes than we planned and that is okay.

Also, you are/have been sick and you need to cut yourself some slack. Changing habits, changing your life takes energy and sickness drains energy. You need some rest, you need some relax. Yesterday doesn't matter, not what you could or couldn't do. Tomorrow doesn't matter, what you can do or not do then doesn't matter.

Think today. And think care of yourself. If caring for yourself means forgetting your goals for a day and basking in a soft couch, go for it. If it means taking a walk because the cold clear air will be nice and a little movement will be nice, then do that. If the walk is only five minutes, what does it matter?

Seriously. Take a day were the only thing that matters is caring for yourself. This might mean following some or all of your goals if you have the energy and they feel like the right thing to care for yourself that day. Or it might mean something else.

I've started to realize that each day is a new day. Most days following my goals is taking care of myself, it is caring and loving to do them. Other days not so much and that is alright.

I know SAD better than I want to. I don't know if this pep talk/caring for yourself message will help, but know I feel for you and I care. Many hugs from here.

raw

• Like 4

23 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

It is probably the SAD and the cold (both things I am dealing with right now, so I can relate), but that doesn't make the feelings less valid!  It does make them less logical, but when are feelings logical?  And you know what?  Your challenge isn't a joke.  You aren't failing.  It's only a couple days in and we have a whole month.  Can someone else go to the store for you to restock your healthy options, if you are still too sick to go?  I hope you feel better soon.  *big hugs*

Feelings are rarely logical which can be frustrating. Thank you so much for your kind words. I managed to go to the store yesterday late, but i got there so i can do better over the weekend. Then going to hit up Aldi for more produce next Tuesday.

23 hours ago, Dagger said:

I just looked at your list, which is a pretty long one and you know what I mostly saw?

Win win win win win win.

You are currently in the belly of the beast when it comes to this challenge. Or in writing novels I'd guess you'd be at the 1/3 point.

This is the time where you see just how long the road is ahead of you and how much work it is. But the thing is, the length of the road doesn't matter. Tomorrow doesn't matter.

Today is the only day that matters. Don't think of the future or how you will hang on for the rest of the challenge. It is only about taking care of yourself today.

Because that is what you are doing. You are caring for yourself and that sometimes takes different shapes than we planned and that is okay.

Also, you are/have been sick and you need to cut yourself some slack. Changing habits, changing your life takes energy and sickness drains energy. You need some rest, you need some relax. Yesterday doesn't matter, not what you could or couldn't do. Tomorrow doesn't matter, what you can do or not do then doesn't matter.

Think today. And think care of yourself. If caring for yourself means forgetting your goals for a day and basking in a soft couch, go for it. If it means taking a walk because the cold clear air will be nice and a little movement will be nice, then do that. If the walk is only five minutes, what does it matter?

Seriously. Take a day were the only thing that matters is caring for yourself. This might mean following some or all of your goals if you have the energy and they feel like the right thing to care for yourself that day. Or it might mean something else.

I've started to realize that each day is a new day. Most days following my goals is taking care of myself, it is caring and loving to do them. Other days not so much and that is alright.

I know SAD better than I want to. I don't know if this pep talk/caring for yourself message will help, but know I feel for you and I care. Many hugs from here.

raw

You guys seriously made me tear up. Thank you. Your right I need to care for myself in the day and not worry about yesterday. This pep talk helped a lot I may even print it and put it in my journal to look at from time to time. I need to remember that I am not super woman and that I don't have all the energy in the world. To borrow from your thread and @Severine's theory lately my backpack has been filled with things from SAD and sick and it hasn't left much room for much else. I need to remember that when i don't have room it is okay to cut back and manage things differently. I also love the kitty hug gif.

Yesterday was tough. I was not in the fog i was Tuesday, but i also wasn't feeling better per say. 

Work went okay there were some things i was dealing with that made me have a short temper but i made it through. (See coworker seeing if i had free time just to unload a giant cut and paste project on me.)

I managed to get to the store after work and pick up some food. Not a ton, but i will be shopping early next week as well. MY Hubby however, got us fast food for dinner and at that point i was just too exhausted to fight it so i ate it. It was okay and actually didn't put me too far over my calorie goal. After food and watching some AGDQ i had enough room/energy to do 2 rounds of body weight and that felt good. Also did some extra stretching afterwards. (I can feel both today in my legs.) Then after I watched more AGDQ and actually ended up falling asleep. When he went to bed my husband made sure i made it there too.

Today while i can still feel the cold, i can tell i am doing better. @MichiruSedai and @Dagger you guys helped clear some of the crap from my backpack and if i could hug you in person i would, but for now i give you this.

TA2D3Tz.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Altamarie said:

You guys seriously made me tear up. Thank you. Your right I need to care for myself in the day and not worry about yesterday. This pep talk helped a lot I may even print it and put it in my journal to look at from time to time. I need to remember that I am not super woman and that I don't have all the energy in the world.

raw

7 hours ago, Altamarie said:

I managed to get to the store after work and pick up some food. Not a ton, but i will be shopping early next week as well. MY Hubby however, got us fast food for dinner and at that point i was just too exhausted to fight it so i ate it. It was okay and actually didn't put me too far over my calorie goal. After food and watching some AGDQ i had enough room/energy to do 2 rounds of body weight and that felt good. Also did some extra stretching afterwards. (I can feel both today in my legs.) Then after I watched more AGDQ and actually ended up falling asleep. When he went to bed my husband made sure i made it there too.

Productivity, rest, productivity, rest, etc. I recognize that pattern for how my days usually look now. I'm glad you managed to be so caring of yourself.

• Like 1