Step offs 15,15,15,15,
Bridge with single knee raises 15
Bridge series (4 kinds): 15 each
Pilates toe/heel taps: 15
The 100: x1
Single knee stretch 15 
Plank 60 sec

45 min of bicycle commuting for errands

Tried a slice of pepperoni pizza for lunch.  One of my favorite things in the world to eat.  Instant GERD.  So strange that while I'm aware of this, when I'm just eating regular american diet, I don't notice it as much.  I mean, it makes me immediately sick.  

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

Grats on the weight loss, that's impressive! I have new respect for you with the core muscle tear - we did a new move in parkour this weekend and now my upper abs are being all "DON'T TOUCH ME!" whenever I move. : P   When do you hear back about the audition? 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

22 hours ago, mediaguy99 said:

I tried some new brand of "paleo" pancakes, made with almond, cassava, and coconut flours.  Not bad, actually pretty good, but I feel like I'm cheating by eating them.

Breakfast is my wife's favorite meal, so even on Paleo we still try to do one breakfast-for-dinner once per week.  This is the best pancake recipe I've found thus far: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fluffy-blueberry-pancakes/   I figure that if my cheat day is better than my pre-paleo diet, I'm still doing ok.

Congrats on the success despite not quite meeting your PT goals.  You've still managed to get a lot of activity in.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

2 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Grats on the weight loss, that's impressive! I have new respect for you with the core muscle tear - we did a new move in parkour this weekend and now my upper abs are being all "DON'T TOUCH ME!" whenever I move. : P   When do you hear back about the audition? 

Ack! Yes, I did hear back from the audition, and I'll be playing Sir Robin, the Not-So-Brave.

Thanks!  My core tear is actually in the lower abs, though it's getting much much better these days.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Current Challenge

Went for the longest run of the year (Probably the longest run since october 2) and it felt pretty good.  Some tugging was felt on my lower abs, and my left hamstring wasn't happy at all.  Got a ten minute stretching session in during it.  Also rode to work today (it was 49 degrees at 6:45 this morning; how could I say no???) so it's a big day for the cardio workouts.  Which is great because I got a BW lifting session done yesterday and that means I'm kind of ahead of the game at this point. Though we have a mini ski vacation planned for the weekend (Fri-Sun) so maybe I won't get all those lifting and running sessions in.  Replace by different workout, yeah, yeah, that seems to be the theme of this challenge.  But it's fine, I'll be working out.  It might be hard to be strictly paleo on the trip though.  I'll bring all my travel/snack/etc paleo stuff but when you don't have a kitchen and you're in a ski town it's not always easy to find food that's paleo, if not at least healthy.

Anyway, game night tonight!  Woot!  New character creation in the Dark Sun setting adapted to 5e for any uber nerds out there....

• Like 1

Spoiler

Current Challenge

6 hours ago, mediaguy99 said:

Ack! Yes, I did hear back from the audition, and I'll be playing Sir Robin, the Not-So-Brave.

Thanks!  My core tear is actually in the lower abs, though it's getting much much better these days.

Yay!! "He is Brave Sir Robin! He is not afraid to be killed in nasty ways - brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!" Congratulations, that's a really fun part.

• Like 2

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

Aerial class yesterday was more intense than normal.  We had a sub, and she didn't spend much time talking at the beginning.  No history or theory of aerial dance, just aerial dance.  It was excellent and I even felt like I got kind of a workout in.  Rode to work too, which is always nice this time of year.

This morning I got to the gym before my somatic conditioning class and put in a bunch of pull ups (seven sets of four) plus did about half my PT exercises.  I'll get the rest in tonight.  The class was a total bodyweight workout class, plus an intro to reformer which I skipped because I have done a bunch of reformer and wanted the extra BWW.

So, by my accounts, I've put in my two weights days (sun + wed) and two cardio days (mon + tue) already this week.  I'll get my third cardio day hopefully tomorrow, and if not it's fine because I'm skiing Friday-Sunday.  Woot!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Current Challenge

Wrap-up!

All went VERY well this challenge.  I kept myself to my workout schedule, more or less, and only had to substitute aerial for weight lifting once.  Skied my pants off, ran, elliptical'd, biked, etc.  Stayed pretty clean regarding my food intake, only eating non-paleolithically on sundays, except this past weekend when we were on vacation.  Even then, I stuck to fairly healthy options.  I weighed in at 174.8, and weighed out at the end of the challenge at 166.8.  My abdominal tear/injury is healing nicely, though I'm still not comfortable running yet.  More work needs to be done.

I've got some good modifications for the coming month's challenge.  One thing I learned is that I need to give myself a break--I exercise a LOT, and if I miss a workout, or do a different workout than the one I have planned, I don't need to beat myself up about that.  

The place I did the worst was with my PT.  Most weeks I got it down, but the last week for some reason I just didn't do what I'd hoped or planned to do--basically I ended up counting my somatic conditioning classes for two days (we did, after all, do MOST of the exercises I'm supposed to be doing for PT), but then only did PT at night two days.  Which is pretty lame.  And I didn't do it at all on vacation.  So I need to re-stress that work if I really want to heal.

Anyway, on to the next challenge!  Not going to update my stats as I guess that's not a thing anymore?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Current Challenge

WOOT! Grats on the successful challenge! That is a significant weight change in one month! Good call on the giving yourself a break, you are pretty darn active, one day won't hurt (just don't let it become two :) ). The stats and leveling have been subsumed by the NFA character stats, buuuuut since I don't really do much work over there, I'm keeping up my signature anyway. There's something very viscerally satisfying about saying I'm a level whatever with x stats. :D

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

WOOT! Grats on the successful challenge! That is a significant weight change in one month! Good call on the giving yourself a break, you are pretty darn active, one day won't hurt (just don't let it become two :) ). The stats and leveling have been subsumed by the NFA character stats, buuuuut since I don't really do much work over there, I'm keeping up my signature anyway. There's something very viscerally satisfying about saying I'm a level whatever with x stats. :D

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Thanks, Manarelle!  The weight change IS significant, but every time I switch over to paleo I lose like 3-5 pounds in the first week, probably just from water retention.  So I figure that's about a pound a week aside from that, which is right where it ought to be.  I like weighing less than 160 for aerial work, because it makes it EASIER!!!

Maybe I will update my stats, since now I know I'm not the only one doing it....

• Like 1

Spoiler

Current Challenge