[Sylvaa] Intention

Sylvaa

cf1248dd3e428730b406f87b69484dea.jpg

A little about me:

Spoiler

Good morning (here at least)!

I am Sylvaa. I'm 34, a mother of four, and a coffee addict. Before finding Nerd Fitness, I lost 75 pounds through small changes (like cutting out soda and daily movement). But I needed more and the internet came to the rescue and here I am! I work as a medical consultant (which is a shiny way to say analyst), which means my job is about 80% travel. This has created some challenges when trying to figure out a diet and exercise plan that works well for me. It's still in process.

My overall goal isn't a weight goal (although I would be happy with another 10 - 15 pounds lost), but an active goal. I want to be prepared for anything. I like being active, I like doing physical things. So I want to be prepared for any challenge that comes my way with minimal training. I like challenging myself and I think it is amazing what our bodies can do. 

Last year, I helped some NF friends complete their first Spartan and it was amazing. I want to be a role model for my children and for others to say, you can do it too. 

What I've learned through 2016:

• I do not have a good support system. My family does not share my enthusiasm for working out, eating healthy, or being active. This makes it difficult for me when I am home. One of my major goals through 2017 is to find a way to balance this.
  • I have trouble staying focused with a program. I want to be able to do all the things, however I am not good at continuing to commit to a solid schedule. One of my major goals through 2017 is to either complete a program or stick with an ongoing program for >30 days. 
  • I need to work on social mana. I have no local friends. Actually, I have very few friends anyway, and like zero that I can call up at a moment's notice to do anything. Not knocking internet friends, but sometimes, you just want to grab a cup of coffee with someone.

Before the price went up, I bought the Nerd Fitness Academy, however I never really used it properly. So I've been going through the first set of e-mails you get when starting and trying to accomplish all the different missions (mostly mindset) that I hadn't done from the beginning. My current Epic Quest is to complete the Spartan Trifecta Weekend in WV, so you will see over the course of the next few months goals to get me in shape for that. Also, for Christmas, I got a Garmin Vivosmart HR+, so I'm starting to incorporate the data I get from that. 

January Challenge Goals:

Sylvaa's doing Yoga:

600274636-6b0d663432c91717f06657ccac75af

So Yoga with Adriene had a 31 day Revolution, which I signed up for (meaning I get daily e-mails). Actually, the Intention part of my challenge title was based upon an e-mail from this week. The point was, with yoga, instead of just doing the moves, make your body move with intention. I want to take this further and live my life with Intention.

So far, I have completed every day (don't be too impressed yet - it's only Day 3 as I post this). My goal is to actually do this every day. This is a pretty big step, as I have not really ever gotten into yoga. But, the goal with this program isn't to do yoga (weird, huh?). Instead it is to work on becoming mindful and honor the task you have set in front of you

NFA: I paid for it, I should use it:

b1da06_57f4fed610894baab84d8f8c4e0cca7d~

There are two major components that I can really use to help myself; the nutrition component and the goal setting component. Throughout this challenge, I should be able to get through Level 3 of the NF diet. By the end of the challenge I will also have a road map to successfully completing the trifecta weekend.

Make Running a Habit:

201511_1441_eaica_sm.jpg

@NeverThatBored and I are doing the Winter Spartan in March (March, right?!). And she runs more regularly than I do. I do not want to be the person holding us back. It's not that I mind running, it's that I need to do it to get better. So at least two days of running a week. I'd like to work towards running a full 5K by March. 

Regular recurring goals

• Drink at least 64 oz water daily
  • Track food on MFP
  • At least 3 work tasks daily (M - F)
  • Daily Panda Planner write up (this is new! I got one for Christmas and am just starting to use it regularly).

Also, I told everyone I had news for 2017. It's not officially been announced, but I'm announcing it:

I got my promotion!

I was supposed to wait until it was announced company-wide, however if anyone were to search me in our company directory, my new title comes up, so it's safe to share. I'm now technically a senior level analyst. Yay me!

Finally: An icebreaker. What is your dream job?

• Like 27

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PROMOTION! 

I'm following, obvi. 

I don't really know that I have a dream job. Vaguely, I fantasize about something casual that involved moving around throughout the day and doing physical work. Like a park ranger or a handiperson or running an afterschool program. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Congraaaaaaats! <3 obnoxious gifs to come later. And dream job, since I'm still in the process of caffeinating and thinking is hard. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Congrats on the promotion.

I'm living out my dream Job. I'm getting paid to be a chaplain in a hospital, and i get to volunteer as a police chaplain and as a chaplain for the Rangers.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

46 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, I told everyone I had news for 2017. It's not officially been announced, but I'm announcing it:

I got my promotion!

I was supposed to wait until it was announced company-wide, however if anyone were to search me in our company directory, my new title comes up, so it's safe to share. I'm now technically a senior level analyst. Yay me!

Finally: An icebreaker. What is your dream job?

WOOT!!  Congrats Sylvaa!  That's awesome news.  I know you've been pursuing that for a minute.  

Dream job?  How's "none" sound?  Ideally, I'd prefer to have enough passive income that I don't have to have an actual "job".  As for the income side, ideally something creative and analytical.  Writing has so far taken care of the creative/analytical thing.  Only time will tell if it takes care of the income side.  

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Congrats on the promotion.

I sympathize with the lack of support thing, I've been there. All i can really say is

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-Waterboy-Im

The good news is that you can shape yourself, the bad news is, as you know, it's all you. you'll inevitably feel a little resentment from other for prioritizing yourself at times. There's no cure for that, it just is. We're here to provide the opposing love and confirmation that you should do these things for yourself and everyone around you.

• Like 4

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

Congratulations on your promotion! What are you going to do to celebrate?

Dream job... considering I get payed for spending my time with nice children and teens (yes, they're nice too; I swear nice teens do exist) to make music with them and play games and that I have enough free time to have a life aside from it, I don't think I could ever get a better one.

Following because this looks like it's going to be awesome!

• Like 4

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

WTG!  That's a good feeling, and I hope the pay bump is worth the extra responsibility.

The jobs I can see myself enjoying most seem to revolve around wood working.  I like building cabinets, furniture, guitars, things of that nature.  I wonder if having to do it for money would suck all the joy out of it, though.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Oramac said:

Dream job?  How's "none" sound?  Ideally, I'd prefer to have enough passive income that I don't have to have an actual "job".

I definitely agree with this when it comes to dream job. Although, I know I'd need to do something meaningful in my life because doing nothing all the time gets exhausting. So in that case I choose: novelist!

• Like 2

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Following!  Congrats on the promotion!  

As for a dream job is it possible to have RangerCareerBrain too?  There are lots of careers that I find fascinating and would love to do them but any one of those would either be boring on it's own or too tedious to continue to enjoy it.  I could settle with artist, interior designer, jewelry designer, doctor, run my own cafe (I once envisioned a cafe where everything on the menu had potatoes in some form)... 

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Following, and congratulations on the promotion!

My dream job would be being a writer. Getting paid to fantasize all day long. Maybe some day :) 

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Okay, re: promotion: 

giphy.gif

(because I am nothing if not predictable in the source of my gifs)

Re: dream job:  uhhhhh? Honestly I'd love to have enough money to live off of somehow so that I could just volunteer somewhere, because a lot of the most rewarding-looking things I'm seeing right now don't pay a lot. But that's a cop-out answer. I don't necessarily have a concrete idea of my dream job. I want something that involves learning and using other languages, and doing stuff with other cultures. But that isn't teaching because ugh.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Congratulations on your promotion! Following for your inspiring optimism :)

Dream Job... Probably to design clothing and jewelry, maybe cosplay stuff, I know something I would have to be something artsy? lol

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

33 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Re: dream job:  uhhhhh? Honestly I'd love to have enough money to live off of somehow so that I could just volunteer somewhere, because a lot of the most rewarding-looking things I'm seeing right now don't pay a lot. But that's a cop-out answer. I don't necessarily have a concrete idea of my dream job. I want something that involves learning and using other languages, and doing stuff with other cultures. But that isn't teaching because ugh.

The first thing that comes to mind is being a translator. That would be a pretty cool job. (Though I'm horrible at learning languages so definitely not for me.)

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

20 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

The first thing that comes to mind is being a translator. That would be a pretty cool job. (Though I'm horrible at learning languages so definitely not for me.)

I've thought about that, and also interpreting. It might be something I pick up as a side gig when I achieve actual fluency in something but overall as a career it doesn't really spark anything in me. Which is so unfortunate because there could be some really cool opportunities.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

First off: YAY!!!  GRATS ON THE PROMOTION!!

I totally hear you on the actual off the internet friends thing, and that is one my 2017 goals, so we can help each other when we get terrified of the people (ok, at least I will get terrified of the people, lol)

Dream job... hmmm.  No job is my first thought, or at least not a paid job. I always wanted the luxury to be a SAHM/SAHW/etc and have the time to not only do my own projects but to do things like volunteer at the animal shelter and the library, do stuff at my kid's school, etc.  So while not a paid position, that's my dream.  It's not going to ever be reality unless I fall in love with a millionaire because bills :P   But I suppose I could actually try to do some of those things anyway while working my job. I dunno.

• Like 3

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Not knocking internet friends, but sometimes, you just want to grab a cup of coffee with someone.

Thiiiiiiis. But I'm turning it back on you: I'm only two hours away. 

(For now. I'm probably selling my car but the intention is there?)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

4 hours ago, LadyShello said:

I could settle with artist, interior designer, jewelry designer, doctor, run my own cafe (I once envisioned a cafe where everything on the menu had potatoes in some form)... 

I dream of one day opening a french fry restaurant. 

• Like 4

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

8 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I dream of one day opening a french fry restaurant. 

I will be camped out on the sidewalk weeks before you open. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Following!

My dream job would be to have a BBQ food cart that my husband and I could run at farmer's markets/fairs/beer gardens/other street-side attractions. (I already have the logo & t-shirts designed in my head. I have a very active imaginary life.) 

But we'd have to have an independent source of income first because I'm not psychologically equipped to have paying the mortgage depend on such an iffy source of income. Maybe a post-retirement gig.

• Like 3

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin