[Sylvaa] Intention

Sylvaa

I have gotten into bullet journaling lately, but I'm definitely fairly prosaic about it. I bought a fancy journal with beautiful paper at first ... only to find that my favorite pens smeared terribly on it! Now i use a yellow steno book that we have by the hundreds at work, and it works great. Not gorgeous, but functional.

• Like 2
Just now, Violetta said:

I have gotten into bullet journaling lately, but I'm definitely fairly prosaic about it. I bought a fancy journal with beautiful paper at first ... only to find that my favorite pens smeared terribly on it! Now i use a yellow steno book that we have by the hundreds at work, and it works great. Not gorgeous, but functional.

My work BuJo is a notebook we got free at our last work conference. I have two, because a co-worker gave me hers too (she said she'll never use it). And I use my (free) Hilton pen, because I like to keep it classy. It's definitely been life changing for me. 

However, as a lefty - it is hard to make things pretty with colored pens because all the good ones end up on my hand. I've seen some nice printable pages online, but I'm stuck on trying to find something functional to put them in (I mean, a ring binder is kind of meh - also, rings). I will update if I've found a personal solution. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Violetta said:

Now i use a yellow steno book that we have by the hundreds at work, and it works great. Not gorgeous, but functional.

There's a bujo blog out there that has the motto, "because it's about getting your shit done, not making your shit look good." :)

And @Severine, I love jetpens too!

• Like 10

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

On 24/1/2017 at 3:11 AM, NeverThatBored said:

I have the same thing with pineapple. It hurts to eat after a few pieces. But I also do it anyway. :P

Interestingly, I don't think I have the same problem when I put it in smoothies. 

Same here. It leaves my tongue feeling like a doormat, but does nothing when drunk, I guess it's because I don't hold it in my mouth for so long. Wonder what would happen if I left the smoothie there for a while? #bigquestionsinlife

• Like 3

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

#pineappleproblems 

So I've realized over the past few weeks that my mood has steadily improved overall. Yeah I still have crappy days, but my general happiness is greater. And if you know me, that's pretty significant as I am a stupidly chipper ray of sunshine half the time. I think it's a combination of excitement over potential new project hype and overall contentment in life. As a result, gifs incoming!

man_file_1114550_1_mandatory_gifs_of_the

ftppyA7pS8uFr3EAIytu_Cabinet%20Scared.gi

• Like 18

That's wonderful! <3 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I want in on this happiness thing, so I was inspired to start the 31 day yoga revolution too. :P 

• Like 3

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

On 1/25/2017 at 7:22 AM, Sylvaa said:

ftppyA7pS8uFr3EAIytu_Cabinet%20Scared.gi

This is literally how I greet my son when he comes home from his dad's.  Last time I hid behind his bedroom door, before that I've down in the kitchen like in this photo, in the hall closet, behind my bedroom door, and on the couch jumping up when he climbs the stairs.   #parentingwins

• Like 8

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

One of these challenges, Sylvaa will remember what week it is. . . although let's not hold our breath.

• Yoga is still on track. I have completed every day on the day and it has been lovely. For the most part. Last night, I had a helper (spoilering for size)
Spoiler

Puppy%20Yoga_zpsw12a5xna.jpg

• I have made zero progress on the whole goal setting / road map to 2017 goals thing. I should probably work on that. My biggest issue has always been Ranger-brain. I know that it is not sustainable as I am now. 
  • Burpees superseded running, which I'm okay with. I've actually had a lot of fun and seen myself improve. This is something I might add in regularly, because it doesn't take that long and everyone should do burpees. 

With January almost over and my current yoga / burpees only going until the 31st, @MichiruSedai and I are starting a Darebee program together (it's in writing now! mwhahahah!) on Wednesday. I'm going to start utilizing my monthly area on my planner to actually track what I do when. It'll be super fun! 

This weekend was pretty uneventful, except we actually kept to our food budget for January (yay!). We put our down payment on vacation this month because there was a special going on, so we need to stick to our budget closely (our loot will be an excursion). Lots of hockey. My husband had probably his best game I've seen, which was really fun to watch. No D&D, but we might be doing so this weekend, depending on what time games are.

• Like 12
1 minute ago, DrFeelgood said:

I wish we had beer-league around here.  I haven't skated since 2006.

I love hockey, but I've only ever been on skates once (in December). So I'm starting to learn so that eventually I can wiggle my way into the beginners league. Whatever he wants to do to stay active, I am always willing to support. I just wish I could play too! Last night, the game was getting a bit wild because the refs were just letting them play. 

You should totally look for rinks around where you are! You might be surprised!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

You should totally look for rinks around where you are! You might be surprised!

The closest one is in OKC, about 90 minutes away.  I could make it work, but the cost in time and money outweighs the benefit.

We have an old outdoor roller rink on Fort Sill.  It might be fun to outfit the family with in-lines and do a skate outing every now and then.

• Like 2

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Spreadsheets

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

we actually kept to our food budget for January (yay!)

Tell me your secret!

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

This is something I might add in regularly, because it doesn't take that long and everyone should do burpees. 

Fiiiiine. 

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

starting a Darebee program together

Which one??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

because it doesn't take that long and everyone should do burpees

but, but, but...

*wants to argue, but knows @Sylvaa is right on this one*

• Like 1

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Tell me your secret!

Secret number 1 is to be realistic! Seriously, it sounds great to be able to spend like $100 a week on groceries, but it wasn't feasible for us. 

Note: we use YNAB, so every spend category is listed in their app. We separated Groceries (which also includes house stuff, but not animal stuff) and Eating Out into two separate categories. And for January, with my husband's hockey schedule on the weekend, we added a little extra into eating out. We do the majority of our food shopping at Aldi's. This works out well for us, because it is significantly cheaper and we go through produce fast enough to make it worthwhile (and if we don't, then I do something with it anyway - most weekends we have either banana pancakes or banana muffins). 

We really just hit sales, grocery shop once a month, cut out extra trips, and reward ourselves with a family dinner out when we hit our budget! Also, it's like a challenge now - so it feeds into my competitive nature. Don't judge, I probably need to be stopped.

15 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Fiiiiine. 

8 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

but, but, but...

*wants to argue, but knows @Sylvaa is right on this one*

when-life-knocks-you-down-do-a-burpee.pn

17 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Which one??

The new one. Athena's Playbook.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

NO SHE ISN'T!

Are you sure? That kinda sounds like:

• Like 2

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava