Ryuu1011

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

Great thanks! I'll definitely check it out - GB seems to have some great programs. - I'm assuming they should be - but are they easy to do in small spaces? I don't mind putting the work or time in - I just don't really have a good knowledge of how (or when) to progress from one progression to another but choosing a program is hard too. 

I appreciate the review! :D 

Yeah I really like it, it's definitely a "you get out, what you put in" kind of a system. If you have enough space for a yoga mat then you have enough space to do the handstand course. It doesn't take a lot of room. I think the GB system would be good for you because they have a really good system using these smileys where you click basically the "too easy", "easy", "just right" "too hard" or "failed mobility" smileys and then the computer adjust the workout for your next session for you. Then you don't have to worry about the progressions at all! :D

• Like 2

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

In unfortunate news. I didn't get invited into the second round for the Rebel Support Position :'( oh well, back on to possibly personal training!

tumblr_inline_mkm007Mp6Z1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

19 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

In unfortunate news. I didn't get invited into the second round for the Rebel Support Position :'( oh well, back on to possibly personal training!

I'm sorry to hear that :(

But you'll be an awesome personal trainer!

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

2 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Oh, man, sorry about that. I was pulling for you! It's probably some sort of Templar Order conspiracy, though...

<Chirpy otter assassin is suspicious>

Otter.jpg

• Like 2

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

New throwing knife set up! Plywood backing and about 6 layers of double walled cardboard (~12ish total layers) works pretty well for inside throwing. We'll see how long it last.

ab757bcd0f92fef4b61010535b1c3325.jpg

• Like 5

Rest of Week 3 Update (Days 2 - 6) 

Tuesday-

Completed my handstand work and my middle split stretches. And thats about all I can remember from what I did Tuesday >_< lol

Wednesday-

Today was super long it was a teacher workday but because Thursday is the start of the new semester at my school I had a ton to get done. I did managed to complete my front split and lower body workouts, but it came at the cost of sleep because I still had a lot of stuff to get finished for school and I ended up not getting to sleep until 1:30am.

Thursday-

The 2nd "first day" (start of the 2nd semester) is alway difficult because it is just a full day of going over rules and procedures and it is exhausting and super boring, but really quite important for my own sanity for the rest of the semester. After I got home decided to go for another run which was probably not my best idea because now my feet are kind of hurting again but I wanted to try and at least get some points for the waffles this week >_< Running stats from Thursday:

3.18 miles

28.08 min

8' 50" pace

Avg Heart Rate = 162

Just for my own fun and because I love spreadsheets I decided to make a Google Doc with my running stats. I'm such a nerd >_< hahaha 

By the end of my run my foot was hurting a little bit more that what it should be for just a short run so I decided that that'll probably be my last run this week might try again next week but I'm going to have to see how my foot is doing I really doing want my plantar fasciitis acting up gain last time it took me out of commission for almost 6 month and was one of the reasons I fell of the wagon so bad last year. I did 15 min of yoga after my run and then through sheer discipline alone got my handstand work and Thoracic Bridge stretches done.

Friday-

I ended up putting together a new throwing knife target (took about 3 hours to duct tape all the cardboard onto the plywood )and then threw knives at it for about 1h. Shockingly tiring on the throwing arm. I may start trying to throw with my off hand just to try and get more comfortable throwing from both sides. I ended up not doing my scheduled workouts today but I'm going to make sure to get them in before we leave for the wedding tomorrow.  

Saturday-

Completed my Core workout and another Handstand Workout.

• Like 5

Week 3 Review

giphy.gif

Three weeks in and I think I can say I'm going to hit about most of my goals for this challenge. I think the hardest part this week was really finding the time to exercise, and continuing to tell myself that this is a priority to me and that if I want to achieve my goals I have to put in the work, one brick, one day, at a time. I should be able to reach all of these even if I end up continuing this right into the next challenge and keep this one going during the break week.

I'm not sure why but my weight is being very stubborn and not wanting to go down at all. I may need to review my calorie expenditures and nutrition goals after this challenge and see if I can't figure out what the problem is. I also really need to get my handstand progress video finished so I can see how, if at all, the GB HS training has helped my own handstand work 

Ultimate Challenge Goals

1. Exercise Every Weekday in Someway

2. Continue my Handstand Training

3. Record my Nutrition in MFP and Track my Food Intake (to loose weight)

4. Meal Prep for the following and current week

The 12 Labors 

1. Slay the Nemean Lion: An lion who's fur can't be damaged by weapons, I'll need to use strength to beat it

To Slay: [12/15] (3 done this week) Complete 15 Foundation (Upper-body, Lower-body, or Core) Training Sessions 

2. Slay the Lernaean Hydra: A toxic multi-headed serpent who's heads multiply when cut off, I'll need mobility and flexibility to avoid its poison breath and fangs

To Slay: [12/15] (3 done this week) Complete 12 Yoga/ Stretch (Middle/ Front Split, Thoracic Bridge) Sessions 

3. Capture the Ceryneia Hind: A golden Deer who runs faster than an arrow in flight, I'll need to be exceeding fast to capture this beast

To Capture: [5/8] (2.25 done this week) Complete 8 30min+ Cardio Workouts (60min + Walking or getting 10,000 FB Steps will count 1/4 credit)

4. Capture the Erymathian Boar: A fearsome giant boar of unknown whereabouts, I'll need to an excellent tracker to find and capture it 

To Capture: [21/32] (7 done this week) Complete 32 diary entries for my MFP

5. Clean out the Augean Stables: A gross stable filled with divine, immortal cows that made a shitload of dung, I'll need to clean up my diet to purify it

To Clean: [0.6/4] (Start = 164.2, Current 163.6) Loose 4lbs 

6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds: Man-eating, bronze beaked birds that can launch their metal feathers, I'll have to shoot them out of the air

To Slay: [3/4] (1 done this week) Complete 4 30min+ Target Archery or Throwing Knife Sessions

7. Capture the Cretan Bull: A slightly angrier than normal bull, I'll need to prepare diligently to capture it

To Capture: [16/25] (5 done this week) Pre-Prepare 25 Lunches (5 per week) 

8. Capture the Mares of Diomedes: Mad, man-eating horses that breath fire, I'll need to prepare and strategizes to capture them

To Capture: [15/20] (5 done this week) Pre-Prepare 20 Dinners (4 per week)

9. Obtain the Belt of Hippolyta: A magical belt worn by the queen of the Amazons, I'll need to impress her if I want to get it

To Obtain: [0/15s] (No Video) 15 second strict handstand hold (w/ video)

10. Obtain the Cattle of Geryon: A huge herd of magnificent red cattle guarded by a multi-headed giant, I'll need to perceiver to get all of them back

To Obtain: [11/20] + [0/4] (4 done this week, no long hold test) 20 GB Handstand workouts + 4 long hold skill tests

11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides:  Golden apples that granted immortality, guarded by a dragon and Atlas, holder of the world, I'll need to prepare to trick Atlas  

To Steal: [2/3] Prepare (1 done this week) 3 weeks worth of snacks (1 per 2 weeks) *counting more road snacks 

12. Capture Cerberus: The 3 headed dog and guardian of the underworld, I'll need some fat to entice him to come with me

To Capture: [0.1 /1.25%] (Start = 15.2%, Current 15.1% ) -.1% BF

• Like 6

Week 4 Days 1 and 2, Jan 30 and 31st 

tumblr_mij7vlQT2P1qghkx5o1_250.gif

Monday- And exhausting day back after getting in so late Sunday night (or I guess Monday morning would be accurate). I managed to do my strength training for foundations but I slacked and didn't do my handstand workout today. The wedding this weekend and then my foot hurting just left me so drained.  I should have time to make it up on Saturday which would work fine.

Tuesday- A wonderfully relaxed day after my Monday. Completed both my Flexibility training and my Handstand work today, and got in about 30min of knife throwing too. I was able to actually do a few of the middle split roll throughs even if I had to have yoga block raising my butt off the ground to get the movement started, so I'm pretty psyched about that because my flexibility is pretty AWFUL. Here is a video if you don't know what that is. (but mine is soooo much worse >__<) Overall today was pretty good in terms of diet and exercise.  My feet are still a little sore from running last week so I may need to lower my cardio expectations for the next challenge. I'm thinking run 1x per week and go for walks 2x per week? I hate how sore my feet are from such little running last week. :(

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ryuu1011 said:

My feet are still a little sore from running last week so I may need to lower my cardio expectations for the next challenge. I'm thinking run 1x per week and go for walks 2x per week? I hate how sore my feet are from such little running last week. :(

Are you using good running shoes? Maybe run a shorter distance for the first few weeks and build it up to what you want. I saw that you ran 10km total last week, maybe decrease the distance to 5 km total and build it up. When i started running i started with 2,5 km and after a few weeks went up to 5km and stayed there a few weeks and despite running just 1 time a week i did notice my feet felt less sore with each passing week. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Are you using good running shoes? Maybe run a shorter distance for the first few weeks and build it up to what you want. I saw that you ran 10km total last week, maybe decrease the distance to 5 km total and build it up. When i started running i started with 2,5 km and after a few weeks went up to 5km and stayed there a few weeks and despite running just 1 time a week i did notice my feet felt less sore with each passing week. 

Yeah I have a good pair with inserts that are suppose to help, but I haven't really noticed a difference. Its just so frustrating because I use to be able to run 6-12miles without stopping and then I hurt my foot (a little over a year ago, 2015 Nov-December) and now its like I can hardly run a mile :'( And it's not as if my lung and legs can't handle it because I'm not winded when I'm finished its just that my foot hurts :/ I know I should probably see a Dr but the last time they just said "you've got plantar fasciitis , there is really nothing you can do about it cheaply but that'll be $100 for the visit and $1000+ if you want to get it treated" so now I'm really reluctant to go back because I'm kinda broke...

I think I'm going to try running 1 mile, walking two miles, 2-3x per week for my next challenge and see how my foot holds up before I really try to increase my distance or time past a 5k for fear of injury or hurting my foot worse.

• Like 2

Week 4:Day 3 Wednesday Feb 1st 

Got my workout in and flexibility done but couldn't manage to find the will power to go for a walk or jog which I had wanted to do. :/ Hopefully I'll want to do that more if I can get my feet to stop hurting after I run. Nutrition was ok-ish my meals were ok but I kind of had a "so hungry I could eat everything in sight moment" and ate too much pretzel chips and guacamole, which I'm sure put me over for the day. I need to remember what I've learned from @Terah and recognize/accept why I want to beige and come to an understanding with myself so I can stop before it gets out of hand.   

• Like 4

Week 4: Days 4-7 

Thursday - Did my Bridge Stretches.  Friday- Did my Handstand Work. Overall didn't do all that much Thursday and Friday it wasn't as though I couldn't do it, but it was more a battle of will power and both days I hardly managed to make myself do "something" so that I wouldn't feel like a complete slug. I was so close to finishing a game (Dead Island) that everything seemed to take a back seat to finishing it. I remember telling myself that as soon as I finished I'd do my workout stuff for hours and hours (kind of like the "just one more quest problem") I need to implement a mental rule that I can't do anything else for the day until I get workout stuff done because I always seem to push it till later and later. I also need to figure out a better way of gaming, I have such an addictive and "must finish it" personality that I continue to not use games in a positive and healthy way (like to relive stress or something) but I binge on them in a similar way to how I've binged on food and sweets in the past :( Possibly a mental problem to resolve in a future challenge. I ended up finishing dead island on Friday night but because I was in such a "gaming" mood I ended up buying a cheap little iPhone game Saturday morning which did not end up well.

Sat- Was a total slug and didn't do anything fitness-y. I got a new game for my iPhone because I wanted an RPG to play for a little while while I was waiting for the laundry to finish and I ended up spending the entire day playing it (it is a really good game but that is not the point). I even ended up ordering out takeout Chinese food for dinner (an awful decision nutrition wise) and mentally justified it to myself because "I'd been good all week". This had happened in the past and from past experiences the best solution is to just delete the app. I think I've got better control of it now that I've recognized the problem but I may end up deleting the app anyway just to be on the safe side. Hindsight is 20/20 but that person just didn't even seem like me, rather the person that I want to be. Thankfully I recognized that by the end of the day and was able to correct my course by the end of the night and prepared for a good Sunday.

Sun- Did my Core workout and another Handstand Workout. I managed to save my weekend as Sunday was super productive. I got the kitchen cleaned, the laundry done, 8 lunches and 8 dinner prepped for my GF and myself, and we went ahead and removed the old bed from the guest room/office/ future workout room, which was a goal for the next challenge. I wanted to go for a walk/run today but with everything else that I got done today I'm not really upset that that didn't happen.

• Like 4

Week 4 Review

giphy.gif

Every Challenge has a week that is really trying in terms of will power, week 4 was that week for this challenge. Even though I struggled I still managed to do most of what I wanted to accomplish this week. I didn't finish the 12 labors, but I came pretty close and made some good progress towards a lot of my goals over the course of this challenge.. 

Ultimate Challenge Goals

The 12 Labors 

(Completed) 1. Slay the Nemean Lion: An lion who's fur can't be damaged by weapons, I'll need to use strength to beat it

To Slay: [15/15] (3 done this week) Complete 15 Foundation (Upper-body, Lower-body, or Core) Training Sessions 

(Completed) 2. Slay the Lernaean Hydra: A toxic multi-headed serpent who's heads multiply when cut off, I'll need mobility and flexibility to avoid its poison breath and fangs

To Slay: [15/15] (3 done this week) Complete 12 Yoga/ Stretch (Middle/ Front Split, Thoracic Bridge) Sessions 

(Failed) 3. Capture the Ceryneia Hind: A golden Deer who runs faster than an arrow in flight, I'll need to be exceeding fast to capture this beast

To Capture: [5/8] (0 done this week) Complete 8 30min+ Cardio Workouts (60min + Walking or getting 10,000 FB Steps will count 1/4 credit)

(Failed) 4. Capture the Erymathian Boar: A fearsome giant boar of unknown whereabouts, I'll need to an excellent tracker to find and capture it 

To Capture: [27/32] (6 done this week) Complete 32 diary entries for my MFP

(Failed) 5. Clean out the Augean Stables: A gross stable filled with divine, immortal cows that made a shitload of dung, I'll need to clean up my diet to purify it

To Clean: [+1.4/4] (Start = 164.2, Current 165.6) Loose 4lbs 

(Completed) 6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds: Man-eating, bronze beaked birds that can launch their metal feathers, I'll have to shoot them out of the air

To Slay: [5/4] (2 done this week) Complete 4 30min+ Target Archery or Throwing Knife Sessions

(Completed) 7. Capture the Cretan Bull: A slightly angrier than normal bull, I'll need to prepare diligently to capture it

To Capture: [24/20] (8 done this week) Pre-Prepare 20 Lunches (4 per week) 

(Completed) 8. Capture the Mares of Diomedes: Mad, man-eating horses that breath fire, I'll need to prepare and strategizes to capture them

To Capture: [23/20] (8 done this week) Pre-Prepare 20 Dinners (4 per week)

(Failed) 9. Obtain the Belt of Hippolyta: A magical belt worn by the queen of the Amazons, I'll need to impress her if I want to get it

(Failed) 10. Obtain the Cattle of Geryon: A huge herd of magnificent red cattle guarded by a multi-headed giant, I'll need to perceiver to get all of them back

To Obtain: [11/20] + [0/4] (4 done this week, no long hold test) 20 GB Handstand workouts + 4 long hold skill tests

(Failed) 11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides:  Golden apples that granted immortality, guarded by a dragon and Atlas, holder of the world, I'll need to prepare to trick Atlas  

To Steal: [2/3] Prepare (1 done this week) 3 weeks worth of snacks (1 per 2 weeks) *counting more road snacks 

(Completed) 12. Capture Cerberus: The 3 headed dog and guardian of the underworld, I'll need some fat to entice him to come with me

To Capture: [1.4/1.25%] (Start = 15.2%, Current 13.8% ) -.1% BF

• Like 6

Challenge 8.5 (2017 #1) Review

tumblr_mny544F9kE1r7ms4po1_500.gif

Well I set a LOT of goals for this challenge and even though I technically only "accomplished" 6/12 I came a long way and ultimately I feel pretty good about this challenge. I think I accomplished the 6 of highest priority and almost accomplished a lot more. Though for the next challenge I think I'm going to try and simplify the actual goals that I want to accomplish. >_< hahaha

Ultimate Challenge Goals

The 12 Labors 

(Completed: A+ 100% ) 1. Slay the Nemean Lion: An lion who's fur can't be damaged by weapons, I'll need to use strength to beat it

To Slay: [15/15] (3 done this week) Complete 15 Foundation (Upper-body, Lower-body, or Core) Training Sessions 

(Completed: A+ 100% ) 2. Slay the Lernaean Hydra: A toxic multi-headed serpent who's heads multiply when cut off, I'll need mobility and flexibility to avoid its poison breath and fangs

To Slay: [15/15] (3 done this week) Complete 12 Yoga/ Stretch (Middle/ Front Split, Thoracic Bridge) Sessions 

• These two were probably my highest priority goals and I'm really happy that I was able to accomplish them even though the stretching sessions were brutal some days, I know ultimately continuing to enhance my flexibility will get me to where I want to be and that because of my significant deficiencies in certain areas I've got a long ways to go before I get there. 

(Failed: F 63% ) 3. Capture the Ceryneia Hind: A golden Deer who runs faster than an arrow in flight, I'll need to be exceeding fast to capture this beast

To Capture: [5/8] (0 done this week) Complete 8 30min+ Cardio Workouts (60min + Walking or getting 10,000 FB Steps will count 1/4 credit)

• I think I would have been able to accomplish this one had my foot not started hurting during week 3. I need to figure out the root cause of it before I start training for all of the races that I will be doing this year.

(Failed: B 84% ) 4. Capture the Erymathian Boar: A fearsome giant boar of unknown whereabouts, I'll need to an excellent tracker to find and capture it 

To Capture: [27/32] (6 done this week) Complete 32 diary entries for my MFP

• The only reason I failed this goal was because I didn't track any of my intake during week 0. Not that I made awful choices I just didn't track anything during that week and thus am 5 logs short of capturing the boar. In terms of nutrition I think I've done ok- not amazing but better than before Christmas and have made many healthy choices because of this challenge (and my boss fight). 

(Failed: F- -35%) 5. Clean out the Augean Stables: A gross stable filled with divine, immortal cows that made a shitload of dung, I'll need to clean up my diet to purify it

To Clean: [+1.4/4] (Start = 164.2, Current 165.6) Loose 4lbs 

• My weight has been all over the place for this entire challenge. I'm not even sure what to make of it. The ending weight spike (as well as the plummet to my BF%) is very odd and isn't all that important in the long run. I think I'll focus on my waist measurements and photos in addition to my scale for the next challenge. 

(Completed: A+ 125%) 6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds: Man-eating, bronze beaked birds that can launch their metal feathers, I'll have to shoot them out of the air

To Slay: [5/4] (2 done this week) Complete 4 30min+ Target Archery or Throwing Knife Sessions

• Probably the most fun of all my goals to complete. I didn't get as many archery sessions in as I would have liked too but I more than made up for that with my throwing knife practice and the building of my next throwing knife target. Over the course of just a few weeks I've gotten pretty good at some of the basic throwing knife throws and can manage to stick a decent percentage of my knives with good accuracy too. 

(Completed: A+ 120%) 7. Capture the Cretan Bull: A slightly angrier than normal bull, I'll need to prepare diligently to capture it

To Capture: [24/20] (8 done this week) Pre-Prepare 20 Lunches (4 per week) 

(Completed: A+ 115%) 8. Capture the Mares of Diomedes: Mad, man-eating horses that breath fire, I'll need to prepare and strategizes to capture them

To Capture: [23/20] (8 done this week) Pre-Prepare 20 Dinners (4 per week)

• My GF and I worked hard to get better about meal prepping and healthy eating. Ultimately we've found, for us, it is an easier and faster way to be healthy. I know I will continue these goals moving forward because I'd love for them to become better and to become habits. The parts of this challenge where nutriton really slipped were the times when I wasn't at home and the times where I didn't have anything prepared. 

(Failed: F n/a) 9. Obtain the Belt of Hippolyta: A magical belt worn by the queen of the Amazons, I'll need to impress her if I want to get it

(Failed: B 85%) 10. Obtain the Cattle of Geryon:  A huge herd of magnificent red cattle guarded by a multi-headed giant, I'll need to perceiver to get all of them back

To Obtain: [17/20] + [0/4] (3 done this week, no long hold test) 20 GB Handstand workouts + 4 long hold skill tests

• While I did work a lot on my handstands this challenge I decided to follow and trust in the GB programming instead of my own and thus just did those workouts multiple times per week and didn't actually do many true "handstands" this challenge. I also didn't really do any long hold tests or record myself because I was so focused on just completing the set handstand workouts. I think handstands are going to be put on the back burner for the next challenge, not that I will not be working on them rather that I'll just be continuing to slowly work on them and not focusing on them quite so much.

(Failed: D 66%) 11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides:  Golden apples that granted immortality, guarded by a dragon and Atlas, holder of the world, I'll need to prepare to trick Atlas  

• I didn't really "need" a lot of snack for this challenge but I really wish I had prepared some for week 4. I have a feeling had I had some prepared I wouldn't have eaten quite as much as I had during the last few days of this challenge. 

(Completed) 12. Capture Cerberus: The 3 headed dog and guardian of the underworld, I'll need some fat to entice him to come with me

To Capture: [1.4/1.25%] (Start = 15.2%, Current 13.8% 

This weigh in came as a complete shock to me and I'm still unsure if it is right. I don't like the way that my scale has been jumping around as much as it has and might just go out and get a simple not smart scale because the smart part of the Aria is becoming more of a headache than it's worth. That said just the way I look in the mirror I do think I have dropped some of my BF% maybe around 1%-0.75% but that is not bad at all for 1months work. Not much of a change in most of my measurements but -1/4" off of my waist is actually quite a bit and according to my body comp tracking sheet is about .7% BF :) so I'm counting this goal as a win . 

Starting and Ending Measurements 

Start: Abs/Waist: 32.75                       End:  32.5          Progress: -.25 

Start: Arms (unflex/flex): 12.5/13.5    End: 12.5/13.5   Progress: 0/0 

Start: Calf:14                                        End: 14              Progress: 0

Start: Chest: 40                                    End: 40.5           Progress: +0.5

Start: Hip: 33.5                                      End: 33              Progress: -0.5

Start: Thigh (R/L): 22/22                      End: 21.5/ 21.5   Progress: -0.5

Start: Butt: 39                                       End: 39               Progress: 

Start: Neck: 14                                     End: 14                Progress: 0

• Like 6

You did have a LOT of items in this challenge, grats for keeping them straight, much less nailing half of them! May I ask what you use to calc body fat? The formulas I found looked reasonable, but as my measurements are changing, the body fat % doesn't seem to doing the same (e.g. lost 1/2" on my wait and added it to my biceps, and no change in BF seems counterintuitive). Looking forward to your next Herculean task! 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

2 hours ago, Manarelle said:

You did have a LOT of items in this challenge, grats for keeping them straight, much less nailing half of them! May I ask what you use to calc body fat? The formulas I found looked reasonable, but as my measurements are changing, the body fat % doesn't seem to doing the same (e.g. lost 1/2" on my wait and added it to my biceps, and no change in BF seems counterintuitive). Looking forward to your next Herculean task! 

So I'm using a body composition google sheet that I got from one of the other members on here but I can't remember who it actually was right now >_< It has the formulas for the Navy, the YMCA, and the PN&F body fat formulas and then averages them out. I've found it to be a much better estimation of my actual BF% than my scale. It mostly uses your weight and your waist measurement to determine it.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the link to that chart! I made a copy to use...I've been looking for something like this for a while.

l2Sq5GffrCyUMEXjW.gif

• Like 1

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Samuel Beckett

54 minutes ago, otterbyte said:

Thanks for the link to that chart! I made a copy to use...I've been looking for something like this for a while.

no problem! One thing that I just thought of thought is that you may have to change the formulas because you are female and the formulas are probably not the same from sex to sex :/ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

no problem! One thing that I just thought of thought is that you may have to change the formulas because you are female and the formulas are probably not the same from sex to sex :/ 

You were right! I found the correct formulae for ladies and plugged those in instead. Much more sensible numbers, now. By no one's calculations could I possibly be considered 13% body fat! :blink: :lol: 

• Like 2

Samuel Beckett

22 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

So I'm using a body composition google sheet that I got from one of the other members on here but I can't remember who it actually was right now >_<

think it was @Hazard.

Great job on the challenge! I'm still super intimidated by your goals and am impressed by how much you got done. :) 

• Like 1

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

@Asa Pond I think you might be right! And thanks! It was a lot but I think I was able to focus on the important stuff and will be in a good spot to start the next challenge (which I'l be posting soon) :)

• Like 1

New Challenge is up! Ryuu trains with the Bat Family: