Stealthstitcher is Responsible (ha, can't type it with a straight face)

Okay, finally got myself back on track! It's so frustrating how one tiny little thing will derail me for days. 

But when I think about, I am not a train. I do not actually run on tracks. This is either really deep or else really inane - I'm not sure which. I suppose the point being, if a train goes off the rails it's a pretty big problem. The train will not be able to go anywhere, and will also probably cause a lot of damage. Also, it's normal and expected for a train to run along the tracks and not derail. Human life isn't like that; you have to expect that there will be lots of little and big things that will knock you off course all the time. You just adjust course and keep going instead of crushing a bunch of cars and exploding like a derailed train in a movie. (Do trains explode? It seems unlikely; especially the electric ones.)

Anyway, that was my philosophical moment for the day.

Got the workout in this morning. I am at level .75 for most of the workouts - I can't quite keep up with level 1 but I can see myself getting there eventually. Except for the circuit workout, where I am more like level .002. That may be a slight exaggeration but I really can't even do the exercises at all for about half the workout, and the other half I have to modify the modified version and even then I can't get more than half the reps in. So I've decided to set that one aside for a while and replace it in the rotation with the cardio workout. Once I'm able to complete the workouts at level 1, I'll revisit it and see where I am. 

Ended up with meal fatigue for my pre-planned meals - I made mostly things that I have a lot, so I should probably mix it up a little more next week. I got ingredients for one additional type of meal, which technically puts me more over budget, but I don't think it counts because I'll just move the meals I didn't eat into next week, thereby needing to buy less food with next week's budget. 

• Like 4

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

On 1/20/2017 at 9:34 AM, stealthstitcher said:

But when I think about, I am not a train. I do not actually run on tracks

I think people are more like hot air balloons. We can go where ever we want as long as we don't crash into anything dangerous, but it's sort of hard to steer, too much baggage gets us down, and wind can be a bitch. 

• Like 2
On 1/22/2017 at 4:51 PM, PinkNinja said:

I think people are more like hot air balloons. We can go where ever we want as long as we don't crash into anything dangerous, but it's sort of hard to steer, too much baggage gets us down, and wind can be a bitch. 

A much more effective metaphor. Of course, there's also this one:

Image result for people are like slinkies

But anyway ...

Workout yesterday was really good. And by really good, I mean I managed to do half of it at level 1 before dropping back to level .75. But that's better than the last time I did it.

The rest of life, however, is grrrrrr. I feel a bit like Alexander during Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Nothing that awful is happening, it's just one thing after another. This morning I discovered a leak under the kitchen sink; no time to inspect, just stuck a bucket under it. They changed the format of our work email and now it's weird and I can't find anything. I only went eight cents over my budget for the week - yay! But the soup I made turned out terribly. I hate to throw it away, but it's really really bad. So I'll need to find another lunch option for the week. And since I didn't come up with anything last night, I'll have to go out and get something for lunch today. I suppose one could just skip lunch but I don't think I need any extra reasons to be cranky today. And I have two meetings! Huzzah. And three, count 'em, three surveys various offices want filled out. 

Okay, whining over. 

• Like 3

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

Workout, done.

Lunches, re-planned, without spending any extra money.

Plumber and city water called. 

I feel like I should be exempt from being an adult for the rest of the day. Or at least from making any more phone calls. 

• Like 3

Stealthstitcher

Workout once again done. I feel like I dropped back to a solid level .75 again (from a partial level 1), but that's probably because I decided to cut out the extra rest days I'd put in. I was able to do the workout; I just had to lower the level a bit.

Eating planned meals is going fine now that I reworked them to account for the bad soup. 

Budget-wise, I haven't spent any more money this week so I'm still only eight cents over for the week. 

• Like 3

Stealthstitcher

Dropped off the face of the earth for a bit. Back again.

Somehow threw my back out while sleeping. How. Just how. It wasn't like I was in horrible pain and couldn't move, but I definitely needed to be cautious about picking things up and not moving too suddenly, so I decided to put workouts on hold until it felt better. I decided once a few years ago to power through a workout despite strained muscles. It was a poor choice. Woke up this morning without any pain so I think I'm good to go. However, I have to work late tonight so, will I get a workout in? Tune in tomorrow for our exciting conclusion!

Had unexpected surprise company on Sunday so, while I got the grocery shopping done, I didn't get any of my food prep done. I need to take care of that tonight, at least lunches. 

Came in just under budget this week (unless you count the plumbing repairs I had to do, in which case I am so over budget).

• Like 3

Stealthstitcher

Finally got my workout done. I've been having one of those whiny weeks where I don't want to do anything responsible. I went completely off track with my meal plan - I didn't spend any more money, as i used things in the house, but I made a homemade pizza and ate it for dinner three days in a row because I just didn't want to cook anything. I need to get back on track, but I have a friend coming for the weekend so it's going to be a challenge. Most of the people who visit me see coming to my house as a vacation - no kids, no chores, watch all the tv and movies and eat all the junk food! Which is fine if it really is your rare break. But I live here. I know my friend will be disappointed if I'm a downer about chips and chocolate and pizza and soda - even if I'm not telling her not to have things. Apparently it's only fun if we're both decadent. I know I can just be firm and adult and say "Hey, I'm not telling you what to do, this is just the choice I'm making." But it's difficult, especially when a large part of me doesn't want to make the healthy choices either.

Also need to run around the challenge threads and say hi!

On 1/31/2017 at 9:15 AM, Violetta said:

Owwww, your poor back! Aren't you too young for that sort of thing?!

I wish! When I was a kid and especially when I was a teenager, I pulled my back out every other month or so. It's actually a lot better now that I exercise pretty regularly. I don't think I'd pulled a muscle in more than a year. Children, don't sit curled up in a chair for six hours a day reading! Go out and play, or you'll end up like me! (Also read, though. Reading's awesome.)

• Like 3

Stealthstitcher

Okay, very belated challenge wrap-up!

Goal 1 - Planning meals and sticking to the plan. About 60% on this one.

Goal 2 - Workouts. Completed two weeks of the four week workout plan. Technically that's 50% (look at that math!) but I'm calling it about 80% because those workouts were harder than I anticipated and I was in worse shape than I realized. But there were also definitely a few days when I didn't work out because I just didn't want to or didn't plan well.

Goal 3 - Budget. Also probably about 60%. I didn't go vastly over budget but I did go over budget almost every week.

No adventures this challenge. 

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher