Fall seven times and stand up eight.

Three years ago I came to this place, I was aspiring monk, struggling with my diet and unable to keep training routine. And so my adventure with this place begun, you guys gave me amazing support and I was slowly making progress. My biggest motivation was my best friend and loyal companion - Zorion.

DSC_0376.JPG

Everything was going fine, I was reaching my goals, I was proud of myself and the progress I made. And then Zorion died. He died suddenly, when he was running in my garden he suddenly yelped and fall down. By the time I reached him, he was gone. He was only two years old, always healthy and full of energy. We were meant to become search and rescue team, as I was training him since he was little puppy. I was working at home, so he would follow me everywhere, always ready to assist. It came out that he had serious heart condition, he was supposed to live 6 month, veterinarian said, shocked that with such heart he did not only lived so long but never showed any weakness. We were always together and suddenly he was gone.

After I lost Zorion I lost not only my motivation but any will to live. These were dark times. I don't remember much, I was barely eating and could not sleep. I would just lay in my bed crying or just staring at ceiling. I was not talking to anybody, not working, just locked myself in my house with Zorions ashes in small wooden coffin. 

But as time passed I realized that no matter how much I cry he will not come back and whimpering in my bed is not a way to honour memory of such amazing, loyal dog. So i got up and started slowly getting back to life.

I was so weak that I basically had to start over.

But I did it.

After some time I regained myself enough to start setting goals and train again. But since I was struggling to set and keep my goals again I remembered this place and all support you gave me. It worked last time so I think we will help each other again.

So, after three years of absence I'm back and respawning here.

And I have helper.

DSC_0158.JPG

• Like 1

when you come upon misdeeds
speak out about those misdeeds,
and give your enemies no peace. 

Havamal

Thrima, lvl 2 human monk

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge #1

Challenge #2 

Respawn!

Challenge #3

I'm sorry for your loss.  

We are all here to support you in your journey.  I have been away for about 3 years as well, and I am Respawning this year.  It is time for a new start, and we are all in this together.  

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee

Hey, there @Thrima. I know how you feel. Altough he was not a dog (:P), my dad passed away in 2009, and his absence still has power over my life and choices. Is a constant struggle and one hell of a motivation to do better in my life, in general. To rise from the ashes like that is a feat of will that not that many people will understand or support you for, but we will. We know loss, we know pain and I do believe these things make up the inevitable wonder that is life. Feeling is okay. Crying is okay. Do not push it aside, don't ignore it, feel it as much as you can, so you can understand that feeling and come to terms with it. Life is a fleeting voyage, so don't look the other way. Be strong, be weak, fall down, get up again.

May the Force be with you and Zorion!

Pandaren Acolyte Lvl. 1

STR 1 | CON 0 | DEX 0 | INT 0 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

XP: 17/100

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes."

First Challenge - Rise of The Pump King  |  Rebel Showdown (PvP) - The Duke vs The Shogun
Instagram | Facebook

On 13.01.2017 at 11:08 AM, DukeProteus said:

Hey, there @Thrima. I know how you feel. Altough he was not a dog (:P), my dad passed away in 2009, and his absence still has power over my life and choices. Is a constant struggle and one hell of a motivation to do better in my life, in general. To rise from the ashes like that is a feat of will that not that many people will understand or support you for, but we will. We know loss, we know pain and I do believe these things make up the inevitable wonder that is life. Feeling is okay. Crying is okay. Do not push it aside, don't ignore it, feel it as much as you can, so you can understand that feeling and come to terms with it. Life is a fleeting voyage, so don't look the other way. Be strong, be weak, fall down, get up again.

May the Force be with you and Zorion!

Thank you for those wise and kind words. Losing Zorion was so, so painful, and it changed me, I learned to appreciate every moment of my life. He made me better person and I will be forever grateful for it.

At the beggining I felt really alone, mostly I heard that it was, after all, just a dog, and I should get over losing him. I am so glad that I have this place full of wonderful nerds. You guys are exceptional, amazing creatures and I thank you all for beeing here and contributing to Rebellion.

• Like 1

Havamal

Thrima, lvl 2 human monk

Challenge #1

Challenge #2 

Respawn!

Challenge #3

On 1/15/2017 at 4:37 PM, Thrima said:

At the beggining I felt really alone, mostly I heard that it was, after all, just a dog, and I should get over losing him.

I'm sorry that you had this experience, but I am inspired to see that you have risen above that to honor Zorion.  Clearly, you have become stronger through the experience of having him as a companion and then again through your loss.

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

On 17.01.2017 at 9:25 PM, Mr.Six said:

I'm sorry that you had this experience, but I am inspired to see that you have risen above that to honor Zorion.  Clearly, you have become stronger through the experience of having him as a companion and then again through your loss.

Thank you. There is this thought that helped me alot when I was recovering - if I had the choice to never meet him, and never experience pain of losing him I would never do it. Realizing this filled me with gratitude instead of regret.

• Like 1

Havamal

Thrima, lvl 2 human monk

Challenge #1

Challenge #2 

Respawn!

Challenge #3