BlackTezca's Daily Battle Towards A Much Better Year

BlackTezca's 2017 BATTLE LOG

sailor_saturn_by_otakuangelx-da3q3dt.gif

It's a new year, a time of rebirth, a time to wipe the slate clean and start a new.  Thus for this 2017 year, I have made a new battle log with Death and Rebirth being a bit of a theme and who else to start in it than Sailor Saturn?  She has been through so much in every incarnation; killed in an tragic lab accident, brought back either as a cyborg or with incredibly weak and ill, shunned by everyone accept for one person, hunted down as a messiah of death, her body inhabited by parasitic alien monster, then right after gaining such incredible power, she sacrifices herself fighting an eldritch abomination before coming back a new.

baby-hotaru.gif

A few of us, including myself, need this fresh start.  Last year put me, family, friends, a few of us rebels through the ringer.  We have stumbled, we have crashed, we have hit rock bottom, or things seem to have been going so well only to go so very wrong.  It is a new time to start a bit fresh, rebuild good habits, focus on us and our health and just have a much better time going at it.  For me, this battle log will be used to chronicle quest ideas, habits I am rebuilding, new habits I am starting, so on and so forth.  Time to get back to work with this new log and with these new 2017 challenges.

Let's get started!  Let's make 2017 a blast!!

latest?cb=20160620161821

• Like 3

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

So I have been doing some thinking on retirement since once of my coworkers mentioned retiring sometime before his next sabbatical.  I'm not sure if I want to just stop working once I retire, especially if I retire younger than the average (65) and I have toyed around with the idea of maybe going into academia.

Since I'm also hitting a new decade this month...

giphy.gif

The big Three Oh...

I'm thinking about getting my Phd with the goal of getting one before I'm 50...

giphy.gif

I really have no reason for this other than it'll be academia, give me an opportunity to lecture in Universities (I remember the intense jealously I have for the super awesome office my professors had), I get to call myself a Doctor and yeah it's something new.  New is intriguing, new is cool, and Computer Science has a lot of cool fields to get into.  I have a Masters of Science, my current company (if I'm still here) offers tuition reimbursement and once I have said Phd, I can look into even lecturing overseas.

Considering my last Japan trip for the hubs, we talked further on where we'd like to retire and Japan came up!

tumblr_ngbasnF0bG1qze3hdo1_500.gif

Now of course, a lot can change; we are gonna try again for another clone which will cut into the timing a bit.  However, if we are so lucky to be successful and have a clone by next year, I'll be 31 and then can start after said clone is conquering school and able to take care of his/herself (11 or 12) which means starting at 42 for Phd.  If its' not in the cards, then that means getting to start Phd earlier.  

I tend to think about the future a lot and plan the future a lot, so naturally these things happen.  It'll be fun to get my Phd one day though :D.

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

*hug* Sailor Saturn was my favorite back then. What are your goals for this challenge?

edit: Nevermind. I got the wrong thread. Sometimes I'm just so absent minded. Sorry for spamming your battle log.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

On 2/8/2017 at 2:34 PM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

*hug* Sailor Saturn was my favorite back then. What are your goals for this challenge?

edit: Nevermind. I got the wrong thread. Sometimes I'm just so absent minded. Sorry for spamming your battle log.

No problem!!  Spam Away!

So thinking about some ideas for next challenge!  I'm trying out the Lean Gains method, which is essentially intermittent fasting during the morning with training then.  So I may have a quest to keep that up!

I would also like a challenge on gaming again since I have been really enjoying a few games and it helps me relax.  

More ideas to sketch up!  See ya'll next time!

Spoiler

---

---

---

On 2/17/2017 at 3:39 PM, Urgan said:

Gaming + character fanart drawing quests??

Perhaps!  Though I don't want to just draw fan art...but maybe!  Might be a fun exercise in trying to emulate different styles!

I need to drink more water.  Been feeling dehydrated, especially with the LG practice I am doing.  So water quest is a must!!  This quest may end up being more on LG and adding hydration than anything else!

Quest 1: Strength training focus again.  Would like to aim for three days a week of strength training at least 20 minutes

Quest 2: Lean Gains and Intermittent Fasting

Quest 3: Drink The Water.  Need the Water

Quest 4: Art Quest as usual.  Maybe with more focus on something

Quest 5: Gaming?  Perhaps.  Still thinking about it.

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

Jotting down some ideas for my next challenge!  Deciding to use SyFy's FaceOff Pratical Effects competition for my next theme since we know have 11 seasons of make ups like...

giphy.gif

This!

Challenge title-

BlackTezca's 17th Trail: An Artsy Geeky Amazon Creates Movie Magic!

Quests-

https://media.giphy.com/media/xThuW11KXeU5IHzZ72/giphy.gif

Concept Design: Get inspired from Nerdfitness rebels and especially from the recruits!

Details: I did really good last time so I want to do this again; this time aiming for the newbies to the challenges!  it's always good to have encouragement from fellow Rebels and I know that first challenges can be particularly difficult; thus the goal would be to not only leave comments on my solid companions, but also on those just starting out!  Any guild goes!

Contingencies: If I lack internet, that would be the only contingency.  However, as long as I have a nifty device, I should be able to make it!
Tracking: Tracking to be done here! On the forums where I need to comment!
Grading: 
A  for commenting at least once on a fellow Rebel's challenge 4 to 5 days a week! - 15 exp ( 2 Cha )

B for commenting at least once on a fellow Rebel's challenge 2 to 3 days a week! - 10 exp ( 1 Cha )

F for all else

Syfy #design #syfy #faceoff #creation

Sculpting: Lets get rid of excess clay to a sculpt a masterpiece!

Details: I started this during my last challenge but did not call it out and perhaps I should have cause it made the eating quest there a little harder: I am trying out Intermittent Fasting, grabbing a few guidelines from Lean Gains.  This is gonna a bit tough and I'm not gonna start all out seven days a week...just five days a week.  I'm also not gonna go out with NOTHING every morning...just coffee with cream and stevia.  The cream will have calories, but one could give me a break for 50 cals right?  Right?

Contingencies: Whenever I am at the In-Laws and they make breakfast.  Should not be often but just in case I need some flexibility here.

Tracking: I'll be tracking the stretching sessions using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) with extra accountability done here.

Grading:

A for Intermittent Fasting, 9 pm to 12 pm, 5 to 7 days days a week - 20 exp ( 1 Sta 2 Con )

B for Intermittent Fasting, 9 pm to 12 pm, 3 to 4 times a week - 15 exp ( 2 Con )

C for Intermittent Fasting, 9 pm to 12 pm, 2 times a week - 10 exp ( 1 Con )

F for all else

giphy.gif

Molding: Need to fill this body with silicone (or water) to create a great appliance!

Details: So since I am doing intermittent fasting I will definitely need to consider filling me up with something!  And that something will be water!  I have been slack with my water drinking these past few months and while working out actively again has caused me to drink more water; I need to make sure I get my full amount!  Time to drink up!

Contingencies: Well if I am in a desert, trapped with no clean water; I'm just gonna need to get creative!

Tracking: I'll be tracking the stretching sessions using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) with extra accountability done here.

Grading:

A for 8 glasses of water, 5 to 7 days days a week - 20 exp ( 1 Sta 2 Con )

B for 8 glasses of water, 9 pm to 12 pm, 3 to 4 times a week - 15 exp ( 2 Con )

C for 8 glasses of water, 9 pm to 12 pm, 2 times a week - 10 exp ( 1 Con )

F for all else

196c9568bdb07fd45d9c9c33bdc01d89.gif

Application: Time to put the above together some adhesive to make sure the mold and sculpt is strong!

Details: Time to bring back some strength training for my 'application' quest!  This will build my design/body up to be strong.  This will be for all strength training workouts, including resistance training too (so snow shoveling, moving boxes, and kickboxing with heavy bags).  Let's get buff!

Contingencies: Sickness and travel will be the contigencies! 
Tracking: I'll be tracking the workouts using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) and this lovely thread will be updated as well.
Grading: 
A for Strength workout (Kickboxing included) 3 to 4 times a week - 25 pts (  2 Dex 2 Str )
B for Strength workout (Kickboxing included) out 1 to 2 times a week - 20 pts ( 1 Dex 1 Str )
F for all else

http://37.media.tumblr.com/044945d39fd38357b781482c52d756f0/tumblr_n17el4kzUW1s1oo2eo1_500.gif

Last Looks: Time to spice up the sculpt with the final touches, including addition fabrications and some paint!

Details: Let's make some art!  Digital Painting, Model Painting, any kind of sketching, any kind of art is needed here!  Time to spice up the final piece with some color and some more detail!

Contingencies: The usual!  Friends being in town, going on possible trips else where, etc.  
Tracking: I have an art Tumblr and I also have DeviantArt (WATCH ME FOR ACCOUNTABILITY). I shall use those and this thread to keep track. 
Grading: 
A for Arting at least 30 minutes 4 to 5 days a week - 20 exp ( 2 Wis 1 Cha )
B for Arting at least 30 minutes 2 to 3 days a week - 15 exp ( 1 Wis 1 Cha)

F for all else

New challenge planned out; now need some more gifs or images!!

<Gif to start challenge post>

Syfy faceoff yippe ki yay

<Gif to End Challenge Post>

Syfy go faceoff face off season 9 michael westmore

Spoiler

---

---

---

I.noticed you mentioned water intake..have you tried a water app.a good one I.have used which got me to 124 oz is  a app called drink water.I jnow not really original but it works..

Great goals.  You got this!

• Like 1

Aighties!  Time to plan out my challenges!  This post will be updated as I flesh out all the details!  Check out what will be next!

tumblr_nwocgjD28h1ueytayo1_500.gif

Title image

Challenge title: BlackTezca's 18th Trail: An Artsy Geeky Amazon will fight! Will sacrifice! And will find a way! That's what humans do!

Quests:

263c361.gif

Turian are disciplined warriors; willing to use the force necessary to keep the peace.

Details: Time to get disciplined...with my meals!  This is gonna be rough cause I'm gonna need to keep up intermittent fasting AND going a bit more primal, which means less carbs and more protein and the easiest way for me to keep track is by making sure I do go primal(ish).  So, no bread, no rice, no corn.  The Rice is the killer.  THE RICE IS A KILLER and the bread is no joke.  Also no sweets.  So that means I need to eat all that Easter chocolate this weekend!  No beer, but wine, particular red wine, and vodka are good.   Wish me luck cause I'm sure something will go wrong...need the discipline!

Contingencies: Any visit to my inlaws is prime time for disaster...SO will be doing cheat days here.
Tracking: I'll be using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) with extra accountability done here.
Grading: 
A  for Intermittent Fasting, 9 pm to 12 pm, 5 to 7 days days a week, eating primal(ish) - 25 exp ( 3 Con, 1 Cha )

B for Intermittent Fasting, 9 pm to 12 pm, 3 to 4 times a week,eating primal(ish) -  20 exp ( 3 Con )

C for Intermittent Fasting, 9 pm to 12 pm, 2 times a week, eating primal(ish) -  15 exp ( 2 Con )

F for all else

4806779-0034547563-tumbl.gif

Krogan are resilient, powerful fighters; they can survive anything, including near extinction.

Details: Righto!  Let's get buff and beefy like that Krogan and keep up my workouts!  I have taken a break zero week.  Unintended but it happened due to lethargy, laziness, too much stress and just wanting to chill...etc.  Which is bad.  So I'm gonna get back int the swing of things even more so with this challenge, except gonna try and up this a notch!  If I aim for 5 days a week just focusing on doing short workouts too it still would be good right!?  Right!

Contingencies: Sickness and travel pretty much.  However considering the flexibility here, I should be able to do something!  Walking, yoga, etc!
Tracking: I'll be tracking the workouts using MyFitnessPal ( username BlackTezca ) and this lovely thread will be updated as well.
Grading: 

A for ANY workout (Kickboxing and Muay Thai included) 5 to 6 times a week - 25 pts ( 2 Sta 1 Dex 2 Str )
B for ANY workout (Kickboxing and Muay Thai included) out 3 to 4 times a week - 20 pts ( 1 Sta 2 Str )

C for ANY workout (Kickboxing and Muay Thai included) out 1 to 2 times a week - 15 pts ( 2 Str )

F for all else

fCo8R1F.gif

Asari are elegant, diplomatic, and no one matches their biotic aptitude.

Details: The Asari are all beautiful and elegant, with amazing Biotic prowess.  Naturally perfect for my art quest.  Granted a little smaller now since I split up my art quest this time, but hey wanted to give something a try!  So expect to see some beautiful work here!  Included sketches since I am trying out a brand new art program (Medibang!) which has some awesome brushes that look really similar to pencils!  Nice!  Makes me wanna sketch out a few things and stick with that, especially when I start doing commissions!  So much fun here :D .

Contingencies: The usual!  Friends being in town, going on possible trips else where, etc.  Can't bring my computer everywhere!
Tracking: I have an art Tumblr and I also have DeviantArt (WATCH ME FOR ACCOUNTABILITY). I shall use those and this thread to keep track. 
Grading: 
A  for Arting and Sketching at least 30 minutes 2 to 3 days a week - 15 exp ( 2 Cha )

B for Arting and Sketching at least 30 minutes 1 days a week - 10 exp ( 1 Cha )

F 

200.gif

Salarian are energetic inventors with sharp wit and efficient intelligence.

Details: Salarians have excellent memory, are logical, intelligent and particular good at figuring out all the details.  They would have so many models for Warhammer 40k assembled and painted meticulously that not only would their strategies WRECK an opponent, their armies would look good doing so! ...Essentially I need to fucking paint.

Contingencies: The usual!  Friends being in town, going on possible trips else where, etc.  Need to focus on these models!
Grading: 
A  for model building and painting for at least and hour 3 to 4 days a week - 20 exp ( 2 Wis 1 Cha )

B  for model building and painting for at least and hour 1 to 2 days a week - 10 exp ( 1 Wis )

F 

wfqx0V7.gif

Angaran have strong family ties and bioelectric capabilities for deep communication.

Details: Angaran one of the new races discovered in Andromeda and they are lovable species that are very much family oriented.  Their communities are filled with many children and each one shares different parenting figures.  It truly takes village...to clean after so many kids.  I myself have two dogs, a cat and a house and with my husband to help, it's still quite a bit!  It's already mid spring so time to do some chores!

Contingencies: I can't clean my house if I'm out of town...

hqdefault.jpg
Tracking: Tracking on this lovely thread of course! 
Grading: 
A  for working on a household chore (yard, garage, pets included) 5 days a week - 15 exp ( 2 Wis )

B for working on a household chore (yard, garage, pets included) 3 to 4 days a week - 10 exp ( 1 Wis )

F for all else

Spoiler

---

---

---