This thread title is uninteresting.

I don't really have any smart pop culture references at the moment. Anyway I have been lurking around the forums for a bit and think that an introduction is in order.

So I've always been a pretty fat kid. And we all know how that is. At my heaviest, I was 202 pounds at 5'7.. Up until New Year's Eve of 2010, I think it was. I remember being on the couch watching Casablanca stuffing Pringles into my mouth, and suddenly realized that I wasn't happy with how I looked, at all.

Without much of a plan, I made a resolution then to lose it. My target was 176 pounds. Cut my portions into half and quickly reached that. Decided I still wasn't satisfied, started counting the calories of every single thing I ate. I made it down to 154, and that is when I started become obsessed with the figures on the scale. Without delving too much into the details, I started living a very unhealthy lifestyle. Lowest was 134 pounds in June/July 2010, and have been on a diet ever since.

Yes, I realize the weirdness of that statement.

Needless to say, my weight fluctuates quite a bit. I think it's the lifestyle. Seem to binge everytime after that ONE "slip-up." No exercise, I just go on a diet again to get back on track.

Well no more.

This site has been so refreshing to me. A sort of breakthrough. I love how it doesn't say, "Do this, this and this and you will get this." Now I just have to find something that appeals to me and make sure it keeps me active, will probably swim or run. Weighed myself on Monday, but haven't since then. Today is my fourth day of normal eating. I'm still watching what I eat, since food seems to be 80% of the battle. Paleo is not exactly viable right now since I'm living with family, who worry way too much. Still, trying to keep the carbs low, started to eat veggies for the first time in months! eating meat and not having processed food. Did a fat percentage test on Tuesday using the Covert Bailey tape test, seems like I'm about 13.5%. Don't know how accurate that is but I figure it's a start. I would like to get down to single digits? And achieve a few other fitness goals. Tried the Beginner Body Weight Circuit Workout today, managed to finish it but it is pretty killer.

I'm really thankful I found this site, I feel a freedom I've never felt in awhile. Hopefully this post will keep me accountable. Looking forward to my stay here! Peace!

heya, welcome :) nice try avoiding being noticed in the new member section with your thread title.

When you talk about yourself you seem to mostly mention the weight. I think you'll find (after trying it for a while), to gain a bit of muscle to get better at the circuits, you'll probably need a bit of fuel to build muscles with. Reckon you're doing great on controlling your input, but 13.5 is already quite a nice number (I think in the upper range of athlete). Not sure if you're in single digit bodyfat (I sure hope you're a guy if that's your goal, I think for women that's a dangerzone) if you'll be able to build up enough muscle. then again :) I'm no expert but there's quite a few peeps on here that are well informed. Just want to recommend you ask around about that a bit.

but welcome, sounds like you start off quite well already. so apart form the body fat %, do you have any goals you want to achieve?

I'm still losing the pounds here, aiming to get to 10-12% bodyfat at the moment. Speedo-ready I call it jokingly (and menacingly) to my friends. But i'm building up muscle (slowly but surely), as my second goal (first = lose my excess pounds) is to look nice and developed.. not going for bulky but definitely for fit :D

heya, welcome :) nice try avoiding being noticed in the new member section with your thread title.

When you talk about yourself you seem to mostly mention the weight. I think you'll find (after trying it for a while), to gain a bit of muscle to get better at the circuits, you'll probably need a bit of fuel to build muscles with. Reckon you're doing great on controlling your input, but 13.5 is already quite a nice number (I think in the upper range of athlete). Not sure if you're in single digit bodyfat (I sure hope you're a guy if that's your goal, I think for women that's a dangerzone) if you'll be able to build up enough muscle. then again :) I'm no expert but there's quite a few peeps on here that are well informed. Just want to recommend you ask around about that a bit.

but welcome, sounds like you start off quite well already. so apart form the body fat %, do you have any goals you want to achieve?

I'm still losing the pounds here, aiming to get to 10-12% bodyfat at the moment. Speedo-ready I call it jokingly (and menacingly) to my friends. But i'm building up muscle (slowly but surely), as my second goal (first = lose my excess pounds) is to look nice and developed.. not going for bulky but definitely for fit :D

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it's always been a constant struggle for me. I guess the reason why I mention it so much is because I've never been interested in building muscle or getting fit, just the number on the scale and being as skinny as possible. However my priorities have shifted and I AM looking forward to building muscle. And yes I'm a guy, can't believe I neglected to mention that. Don't want to get too big, probably won't worry about that for now though.

Well, another important goal of mine is to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes. I would like to be able to do 16 pull-ups in one go like I used to. I think there are a couple more written somewhere but I can't remember where it is.

Welcome, Ben! Glad you found the site :) It seems to be a really positive place for the most part and there's always people around to help get you moving in the right direction (though it sounds like you're already headed there). Don't be afraid to ask questions and good luck on those goals!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram