Aquarose rising

AquaRose

Hello all! I am doing my first challenge so any advice would be awesome. I chose easy quests just to get me back into the swing of things. I just did a respawn on January 1st and plan to take it slow this time. I think I overwhelmed myself last year.

So my goals for this challenge:

- Work on my NF diet level and be a solid 4 by the end of the challenge. (I know it sounds like a lot but I don't have a problem with liquid calories and I can see me being level 4 very easily.)

- Run/walk at least one mile everyday. (This goes with my 2017 in 2017 month challenge and will get me back in the habit)

- Stretch/yoga 3x a week (to help with the running everyday)

- Life goal: pack up for my move in early February (this will be the hardest one)

It's going to be a fun challenge! Wish me luck!

836d0b2e049ff5f02983114fa39382d2.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AquaRose said:

NF diet level

Not sure what this means but alright :)

Welcome! I've no doubt you'll knock this challenge out of the park

5118163-5659672242-44371.gif

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

18 minutes ago, AquaRose said:

I am part of the Academy and they have different levels for improving your diet. I forgot that these are open forums now. Haven't been on here in a long time. Lol

-checks wizard beard- 

They have been for a long time ... The NF gods combined the Academy and "open" forums a while back, probably to centralize things and allow for more interplay between the groups.

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22

-checks wizard beard- 

They have been for a long time ... The NF gods combined the Academy and "open" forums a while back, probably to centralize things and allow for more interplay between the groups.

Yea that shows how long it's been lol. I could never figure out the forums but I decided to give it a shot again.

• Like 1

One maybe helpful thing (or not! But ya never know!) . . . for one of my Challenges last year I did the "30 Day Bag Challenge"--where everyday you have to get rid of a bag of stuff. Like, a bag of clothes to donate, canned food to a food pantry, books to your local library, unloved art supplies to a school, etc. The bag doesn't have to be big, but it can't be trash either. I found it really freeing (I'm also lucky I live in a college town where there are tons of "free box" type spots where you can leave stuff you don't want and people in need can take it.

I got rid of so much stuff--it wasn't part of packing to move, but it seems like it could be a neat thing to do as one packs. Like . . . do I *really* need to schlep my entire hoodie collection cross country, or maybe some of these could go to Goodwill? Thaat kind of thing. Just a thought!

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

One maybe helpful thing (or not! But ya never know!) . . . for one of my Challenges last year I did the "30 Day Bag Challenge"--where everyday you have to get rid of a bag of stuff. Like, a bag of clothes to donate, canned food to a food pantry, books to your local library, unloved art supplies to a school, etc. The bag doesn't have to be big, but it can't be trash either. I found it really freeing (I'm also lucky I live in a college town where there are tons of "free box" type spots where you can leave stuff you don't want and people in need can take it.

I got rid of so much stuff--it wasn't part of packing to move, but it seems like it could be a neat thing to do as one packs. Like . . . do I *really* need to schlep my entire hoodie collection cross country, or maybe some of these could go to Goodwill? Thaat kind of thing. Just a thought!

Well we have a lot in a shed. We are starting to get rid of a lot in there. We know what's in there we probably don't want since it isn't in the house. We are starting there. I do like this idea though. We might do it when we get in the house.

• Like 1

Started on Sunday with a 4.20 mile walk/run in 30 degree weather. (My coldest yet) It sucked and I had phone trouble but I did it! I then ate terribly but hey can't win them all I guess.

ee54d803c3d44d9a836b84d7482171a9.jpg

Today I felt horrible and everything hurt. I had a lazy day, but I worked on some boxes from the shed for moving,and walked 1.21 miles on the treadmill. I work tomorrow at 7 am and I plan to go for a walk again. Maybe I won't push it so hard this time. Lol! Still not doing great with food but I'm mostly working on recording and limiting liquid calories. I also plan to do my first day of yoga for the week.

0e79e5930c8fb992e67aaf297f3b5235.jpg

• Like 2
9 hours ago, AquaRose said:

-Didn't eat great but am working on adding more healthy stuff to my kitchen

While I'm not a paleo person, I do think the idea of eating simple/clean is good so you might check out the NF paleo shopping list

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader

-1.23 miles on tredmill cause I wanted to ride my bike more then go walking at the park lol

- food wasn't bad but I did go out to eat

-Didn't do moving stuff. Went for a decent ride after work and ate dinner. Didn't have time to do to much extra while still running and getting to bed on time.

-Don't know if this is breaking the rules but I'm going to hold off on doing the yoga stuff and change that goal to controlling my portion sizes. I have been doing terrible with my sizes for a while now. So out with yoga in with portion control.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 1/8/2017 at 8:43 PM, Anathema said:

No, not the Hoodies.  Anything but the Hoodies. :adoration:

• Like 2

-been keeping up with my walks and adding more runs. It's been nice here for a few days so they have all been outside. I have been finding my groove with it again cause it's so nice to be outside. 😝

-Have not worked on moving stuff since last time. Will be busy tomorrow but I plan to get stuff done after work on Wednesday.

-some days were good with not going out and some were not. I am watching my portions more and working on no grains at breakfast.

1a698bb491b8f278847acd6247cd5a62.jpg

• Like 2

-did an early run today which is unusual for me. Usually it's middays or later.

-no moving but I plan to work on it tomorrow. Was busy doing stuff in town today.

-Portions are getting better.

-No grains at breakfast but I still keep going out for other meals. I need to stop that and snacking. Once I can get a handle on some of that I think I will be able to kick it into high gear and see results.

• Like 2

-still doing a mile everyday. Some days are hard to convince myself but I'm still doing it. Day 15

-Still no moving progress expect I got a bunch of boxes from work and packing tape. I plan to dive into the spare room and work on packing my sewing stuff tomorrow.

-watched my portions. I'm trying to just be more aware

-still no grains at breakfast. Day 7 out of 14

• Like 2

Do you have rest days planned? If you're new to running, going out every day can make you prone to injury. And of course, make sure to stretch before and after every run!

No I'm running/walking a mile everyday for a month. It's just to get into the habit of it. I'm not really new to it but I haven't done it this constantly. I find that if I take a day off I usually get derailed from most things. If I'm tired and don't feel like doing it I usually go on the treadmill and walk a slower mile.

• Like 1

OK so I haven't checked in for a while. I've been busy keeping up with my running a mile goal (which I have kept up with even if I didn't want to) and packing.....Lots of packing..... I can't wait for this move to be over! I am officially a level 4 NF diet. I am not a perfect level 4 but I am working on it. I have been paying closer attention to my portion sizes. If we do go out I make sure not to order to much and at home I try to not go for another plate. I haven't done great each time but it's the small wins that count. Right?

a7ec1ac1b575d782b757aeb3e20c5874.gif

Next challenge I am going to ramp it up and work on my sugar beast. Recording my food the last month has shown me how bad I've gotten recently. [emoji15]

• Like 1