Myriks blue print for the Year of the Fire Rooster

So I'm stealing some of this from @Cataleya it was to well written out for me not to use it.

2016 was a big year for My family and I.  We transferred from Maine to Texas and bought a home.  This year we are doing a huge group trip to Disney World, my family(4) my parents(2), my brothers family(2), my cousin's family(4), my best friend's family(4) and another great friends family(6).  So that will be amazing.  I am looking forward to what this year will bring. 

LIFE

Study for my E7 Service wide examine.  I need to make Chief(E7) and the test is only once a year in May.  That gives me the first half of the year to prepare and the last half of the year to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the list to come out and find out if I'll make it this time or not.  With 300+ people taking it every year and them only making 23-50 a year I have to do really well.

Pay off and save for trip.  As I mentioned above I am planning a huge Disney World trip next December and would like to have it fully paid off and have a few grand put a side for souvenirs.

HEALTH

Get down to 200lbs. The Coast Guard tells me my max allowable weight for a 6 foot male is 202lbs, so I'll try and get there before April, but if not I get taped out and have nothing to worry about since I am allowed 24% body fat and I am currently around

Get off soda. I did so well the middle of last year and then holidays happened and well I'm back to drinking a soda almost everyday.  This will once again take time to get around, but I will make it happen.

FITNESS

Get inverted. I tried to be able to do a handstand by the end of 2016 but that didn't happen.  This year it will.

Run 2 5k's in under 45 minute. Did my first 5k last year(Zombies, Run! virtual 5K) I enjoyed it and want to do more. 

HOBBIES

Read 12 books this year. First time doing a reading goal so 1 book a month is a good start for me.

365 Photography challenge.  Take a picture a day for the whole year, I am currently 4 days behind and will catch up this weekend.  ( I will post my photos in here everyday with what I took a picture of and the technique I used)

Play on. Complete my back log of video games.  I need to finish FFXV first play through and New Game +, Witcher 3, Dragons Dogma( New Game +), Get my Paladin to 110 in WoW and get a rogue to 110 as well. 

• Like 1

Love this! Totally stealing for my own 2017 Battle Plan! :D Also Dragons Dogma is one of my all time favorite games, absolutely LOVE the combat system in that game :)

• Like 2

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Ryuu1011 said:

Love this! Totally stealing for my own 2017 Battle Plan! :D Also Dragons Dogma is one of my all time favorite games, absolutely LOVE the combat system in that game :)

Yeah I love the combat.  I recently beat the game and spent sometime fighting the nether dragon before starting a new game + on the next difficulty.

LIFE

Study for my E7 Service wide examine.  I need to make Chief(E7) and the test is only once a year in May.  That gives me the first half of the year to prepare and the last half of the year to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the list to come out and find out if I'll make it this time or not.  With 300+ people taking it every year and them only making 23-50 a year I have to do really well.

Pay off and save for trip.  As I mentioned above I am planning a huge Disney World trip next December and would like to have it fully paid off and have a few grand put a side for souvenirs.

HEALTH

Get down to 200lbs. The Coast Guard tells me my max allowable weight for a 6 foot male is 202lbs, so I'll try and get there before April, but if not I get taped out and have nothing to worry about since I am allowed 24% body fat and I am currently around

No real progress on this one.  Still floating between 205-209 but my BF% is around 14%

Get off soda. I did so well the middle of last year and then holidays happened and well I'm back to drinking a soda almost everyday.  This will once again take time to get around, but I will make it happen.

I'm getting there, I am down to about 3 sodas a week.

FITNESS

Get inverted. I tried to be able to do a handstand by the end of 2016 but that didn't happen.  This year it will.

Been working on my shoulder strength to help with this goal.

Run 2 5k's in under 45 minute. Did my first 5k last year(Zombies, Run! virtual 5K) I enjoyed it and want to do more. 

Been running more so this goal should be within reach.  I haven't run on pavement in a few weeks but running on the elliptical has been great. 

HOBBIES

Read 12 books this year. First time doing a reading goal so 1 book a month is a good start for me.

I'm behind by 1 book this year so I need to finish 2 books this month.  Shouldn't be to hard since I will be on Temporary assignment for 11 days.

365 Photography challenge.  Take a picture a day for the whole year, I am currently 4 days behind and will catch up this weekend.  ( I will post my photos in here everyday with what I took a picture of and the technique I used)

Way behind on this.  Haven't had the motivation to start.  Going to try and change this this week.  Wish me luck.

Play on. Complete my back log of video games.  I need to finish FFXV first play through and New Game +, Witcher 3, Dragons Dogma( New Game +), Get my Paladin to 110 in WoW and get a rogue to 110 as well. 

Well the Paladin is now 110, haven't played any of the other back log games and will be adding 3 games to my list next month with Mass Effect: Andromeda and Ghost Recon Wild lands coming out in March and Horizon Zero Dawn and the end of this month(I will be TDY when it releases).

4 hours ago, Myrik said:

Way behind on this.  Haven't had the motivation to start.  Going to try and change this this week.  Wish me luck.

Play on.  Horizon Zero Dawn 

If you're feeling intimidated by the 365 photo challenge why not start with the 7 day photo challenge and try to take pictures and post them for the whole break week. Then if that goes well make it one of your goals for the challenge to do a 28 day photo challenge and just keep adding until 1 photo a day is second nature :) 

Can't wait for Horizon Zero Dawn either! It looks amazing :D I've had the pre-order paid for since early December hahaha

• Like 1

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

7 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

If you're feeling intimidated by the 365 photo challenge why not start with the 7 day photo challenge and try to take pictures and post them for the whole break week. Then if that goes well make it one of your goals for the challenge to do a 28 day photo challenge and just keep adding until 1 photo a day is second nature :) 

Can't wait for Horizon Zero Dawn either! It looks amazing :D I've had the pre-order paid for since early December hahaha

ITs not that its daunting I just haven't had that moment of inspiration to kick start it.  Last year I got 2ish months done and it was pretty easy.   I haven't pre-ordered it yet,  But with all the games coming out the next 2 months I want it might get pushed back until I have Finished Mass Effect: Andromeda.

• Like 1

One of my favorite quotes about inspiration comes from the artist Chuck Close who said, “Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightening to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself.” 

He was talking more about being a professional artist but he might be right, no one said they had to be good pictures, more that you just have to take the pic. Maybe take a picture of something super simple (borderline silly) for a week like  the sunrise/set for a week, the bug you see on the ground, take a 5min walk around where you live and take a picture of a cool thing you see, your self every morning first thing when you wake up, your feet in a new location, creative pics of workout equipment. I think the idea of "just having to get it done" mindset might not be so bad while you wait for the true inspiration to strike :) Think of it like the gym rule that I had to implement when I first started going to the gym "set foot in the gym" I didn't even set the goal of working out just that I had to physically go to the gym. Perhaps a rule that simple might get you out of your creative slump. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryuu1011 said:

One of my favorite quotes about inspiration comes from the artist Chuck Close who said, “Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightening to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself.” 

He was talking more about being a professional artist but he might be right, no one said they had to be good pictures, more that you just have to take the pic. Maybe take a picture of something super simple (borderline silly) for a week like  the sunrise/set for a week, the bug you see on the ground, take a 5min walk around where you live and take a picture of a cool thing you see, your self every morning first thing when you wake up, your feet in a new location, creative pics of workout equipment. I think the idea of "just having to get it done" mindset might not be so bad while you wait for the true inspiration to strike :) Think of it like the gym rule that I had to implement when I first started going to the gym "set foot in the gym" I didn't even set the goal of working out just that I had to physically go to the gym. Perhaps a rule that simple might get you out of your creative slump. 

you might be right.  I will grab the camera when I get home from work and photograph something and post it here.  

• Like 1

Just added a spreadsheet list to my signature for my reading list, this list according to the website Art of Manliness is a list of 100 books every man should read.  I will be checking off my books as I go.  First up on my list:

9f15601489c84b558ec8000f8349c893.jpg

• Like 1

So I haven't posted any updates for a while so here is a quick and dirty update.

LIFE

My test is tomorrow, studying didnt really happen.  I'll go in take it and hope for the best.  Looks like 400+ people will be competing for approximately 30 openings.

We are working towards this found out that the Target RED card's 5% discount applies to Disney Gift card that can be used to pay for my trip.  This will save me about $200.

HEALTH

Got taped for my weigh-in.  Still sitting between 205-209 and body fat around 13%.

I am mostly off soda.  I grab a soda only when I have had a very hard time sleeping the night before.

FITNESS

Haven't really done to much work towards this.  Might add it to my next challenge to give me a goal.

My first 5K is on the 4th of May it's a virtual 5K themed for Star Wars.

HOBBIES

Yeah not going to talk about this one too much. I am quit a bit behind.  It's may and I have finished 1.75 books.  need to get on this.

This one is a dead duck.  Haven't started and haven't felt like taking photos unless its for an event. 

I haven't completed anything new.  Ghost Recon Wildlands is on the shelf, been playing ME: Andromeda but haven't really been playing much games lately to busy with life. 

• Like 1

LIFE

So this is over for the year I scored an 82 which more than likely will not be competitive for advancement but we will see.

Still working towards this working hard towards this.

HEALTH

Weighed in at 205 this morning so I am getting there.

As of this Monday it will be 21 days without caffeine. I do still drink Caffeine free drinks like ginger ale and such. 

FITNESS

Haven't really done to much work towards this.  Might add it to my next challenge to give me a goal.

I completed my First 5k of the year completed in under 30 minutes so that was a nice surprise.

HOBBIES

Yeah not going to talk about this one too much. I am quit a bit behind.  It's may and I have finished 1.75 books.  need to get on this.

I haven't completed anything new.  Been Playing Diablo 3 again to complete season 10, I completed the main part but now I have the extras that I am working towards.

• Like 1

July Update

LIFE

Study for my E7 Service wide examine. 

As I said before this is done for the year and my score was not competitive.  I will start studying for next years SWE after the summer season.

Still working towards this working hard towards this.

HEALTH

Got down to 199 so this is changing now, New Goal is to bulk back to 205 but not increase my body fat

This goal is my Achilles heel, I enjoy drinking soda.  I think I will change this to limiting how much I drink.  

FITNESS

Haven't really done to much work towards this. One of my goals this year will focus on this not sure when though.

Don't have another 5k scheduled yet I will have to look and see what is available.

HOBBIES

Started playing Elder Scrolls Online, a Khajiit Nightblade who is a Klepto.  Currently at champion level 120ish goal for this month is Champion Level 200.  Also later this month a game I have been following for 4+ years is coming out.  FortNite is a a crafting building survival game where if match last 14 days(rounds)