Seabright's 2017 Battle Log of Awesomeness

Wed May 24

Lots of bravery today, but not much else. It's now 6pm, and no end in sight

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs with spin, onions, and bells.
  • Snack - graham cracker.
  • Lunch - asian chicken salad wrap.
  • Dinner - chicken teriyaki bowl and 1.5 egg rolls.
  • 2 shots whiskey.

Daily exercise:

• Walked 3.5K steps. About.

Taking time:

• None. I mean, really, none.

Bravery:

• Call from Aegis while I was on the way to work. Can I come? Took me 10 freakin' minute to find a place to even get off 85 and turnaround. 
  • On my way back and they called again. Can I meet them at the emergency room?
  • Been here all day. Stroke. Can't use left arm, left leg. 
  • Also, doesn't remember from one minute to the next what happened, because vascular dementia. Can't retain why he's here, how he got here, why he's here, why he can't move his leg, why he can't move his arm, why am I here? How did I get here? Plus many many conversations with each new caregiver/lab tech/nurse explaining about the short-term memory. Very hard for people to grasp the fact that he literally can't retain any information for more than a few seconds.
  • I got here by 10am (80 mph over the hill), it's now 6pm. Long day.
  • Didn't cry once.
  • Bravery.
  • In spades.

Side challenges for the week: 

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done.
  • Walk 5,500 steps every day. Keeping this steady for another week. Not done.
  • Walk up 1 flight of stairs each day I'm in the building at work. N/A 
  • Make my own lunch every day this week. Not done. Made, brought along, but not eaten. See bravery above. 

Special Operations:

TR-18 Eradication exercise

Food tracking (21 days): 

• Start date: May 4, 2017 | End date: May 25, 2017
  • Today is Day 20.
  • Mission complete.

Caffeine eradication - no caffeine after 12:00pm PDT (7 days): 

• Start date: May 22, 2017 | End date: May 28, 2017
  • Today is Day 3.
  • Mission complete.

The Eagle's Nest

• Locate the highest place in town. Within reason. This is your target. DONE! 
  • Identify the day you're going to do this. DONE! Saturday morning. At dawn. But after breakfast. ;-)
  • Climb to the top, identify potential pockets of Shadow Organization denizens, take a picture.
  • Post pic to the group.
  • Mission status: Been rethinking my ultimate destination. On the hiking map, the full loop is 8 miles, and I'm definitely not there, yet. Found a spot that looks like it's at the top of the 2nd marine terrace. This will be  my turnaround point.

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Thurs May 25

More bravery today.

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - spousal unit got me a breakfast sandy instead of just bacon and eggs. Ate half before I realized that I could just deconstruct it and skip the croissant. Duh. Not thinking. Tossed the 2nd half.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Lunch - like, the most horrible chicken caesar on the planet. shook off the cheese, and just ate the chicken and lettuce.
  • Snack - blueberry all-fruit shake.
  • Dinner - chicken breast, sweet potatoes, mixed veggies. Of my own making! Brought to me at the hospital by the spousal unit.
  • 1 shots whiskey.

Daily exercise:

• 10 minutes of minimum yoga-ing.
  • Walked 5.0K steps. About. More than yesterday.
  • Getting the hang of the hospital. Tomorrow I should be able to get in more.

Taking time:

• None. Big time none. 
  • Desperate for just a few minutes on-my-owning it. 

Bravery:

• Blockage of the carotid artery - 75%.
  • Decisions to be made.

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done.
  • Walk 5,500 steps every day. Keeping this steady for another week. Not done.
  • Make my own lunch every day this week. DONE! Even though I ate it for dinner instead of lunch, it served its intended purpose, so I'm counting it.

Special Operations:

Food tracking (21 days): 

• Start date: May 4, 2017 | End date: May 25, 2017
  • Today is Day 21.
  • Full mission complete!

• Today is Day 4.
  • Mission complete.

The Eagle's Nest

• Identify the day you're going to do this. DONE! Saturday morning. At dawn. But after breakfast. ;-)
  • Climb to the top, identify potential pockets of Shadow Organization denizens, take a picture.
  • Post pic to the group.
  • Mission status: I can't really see this happening this Saturday. Part of me wants to try, though. Possibly the sibling-unit may come into town to spell me a little bit with Dad, and that would be the time. 

Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Fri May 26

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - scrambled eggs and bacon.
  • Lunch - salad with chicken, veggies, and cucumbers.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Dinner - chicken, sweet potatos, veggies (my pre-made lunch, woo hoo!)

Daily exercise:

• Yoga warm-up, followed by 3x4 kneeling push-ups, 3x11 squats, 3x6 steep incline pull-ups, 3x11sec straight-arm planks, 3x11 sec 1/2 boat post. Cool down of thigh and inner leg stretches.
  • Walked 6.0K steps.

Taking time:

• Went to the store to grab lunch. Had maybe 5 minutes before my phone rang and I had to hustle back.

Bravery:

• Decision made.
  • Yikes.

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done. 
  • Walk 5,500 steps every day. DONE! 
  • Make my own lunch every day this week. DONE! Lunch for dinner, but counting it.

Special Operations:

• Today is Day 5.
  • Mission complete.

The Eagle's Nest

• Post pic to the group.
  • Mission status: Depending on today's decisions and things of this nature, this may get postponed. Update: won't happen tomorrow. Could happen Sunday, when my brother comes back to spell me a little bit.

Human Adventurer

Sat May 27

Eating paleo:

• Lunch - 1/2 gross wrap thingie from Erik's Deli. Disgusting.
  • Dinner - 1 fish taco, rice, a few corn tortillas. 1.5 beers.

Daily exercise:

• 10 mins of yoga, and then jetted out the door.
  • Walked a bunch of steps, but forgot to wear my pedometer, duh.

Taking time:

• Took a nap. Much needed.

Bravery:

• Spun wheels most of the day. 
  • Bravely showed up, did the thing, kept everyone calm. 
  • We'll be okay.

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done. 
  • Walk 5,500 steps every day. DONE--at least, I think so. 
  • Make my own lunch every day this week. Not done. 

Special Operations:

• Today is Day 6.
  • Mission complete.

The Eagle's Nest

• Post pic to the group.
  • Mission status: Pending. I know where I want to go, and I know how I want to get it done. Just need to find the time.

Human Adventurer

Sun May 28

Eating paleo:

• Lunch - salad with chicken and crunchy things.
  • Dinner - spinach and salmon salad with pistachios, cranberries. 2 very small slices of bread. 1 beer.

Daily exercise:

• Walked 6.6K steps.

Taking time:

• Snuck in a quick weed-pulling session.
  • Took another nap.

Bravery:

• Bravery all over the place.
  • CT Angiogram today. Got him through it, after explaining multiple times why he didn't get breakfast. ;-)
  • Moved to rehab, while waiting for the ct read-out and final decision on surgery.
  • Explained multiple times why he was there and what happened.
  • Bravely left when it looked like Dad might lose it over the TV set. This is a big deal for me, because normally I would have stayed and tried to head the catastrophic reaction off at the pass. Gave the RN a heads-up about what might happen.
  • Asked my brother unit to come back on Tuesday and sell the truck. (<- Yay for me!)
  • Had The Money discussion with the same brother, and alerted him to possible other-brother requests for do-re-mi. 

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done. This is making me so very sad, but it is what it is.
  • Walk 5,500 steps every day. DONE!
  • Make my own lunch every day this week. Not done. 

Special Operations:

• Today is Day 7.
  • Full mission complete!!

The Eagle's Nest

• Post pic to the group.
  • Mission status: Pending. I know where I want to go, and I know how I want to get it done. Just need to find the time.

Human Adventurer

Boss Battle: Identify Fitness Vulnerabilities

1. Recurring neck / disk injury.

Issue:
When I go for it too much at once in my bodyweight workouts, I irritate the injury site.
Plan to manage it:
You're actually doing well with this - knock it off when pain and numbness surface, and return to basic yoga moves.
Stay the course, Rebel. You're on this one.

2. Yoga non-progress:

Issue:
Not making any progress in any particular pose, no real progress in flexibility or strength.
Plan to manage it:
Basically, I'm not doing yoga with any plan or intention. I do the warm-ups, a basic, and then hit srinivasana. 
I'll spend some time creating an actual yoga plan, and then executing against the plan on non-bodyweight workout days.
Make a plan.

3. Weekend hiking/biking non-doingness:

Issue:
Not getting out on the weekend for hiking or biking. I've got some Epic Questing to do, and I'm not getting it done.
Plan to manage it:
Make it a priority by planning my weekend around it. If I'm going to be busy w/Dad or gigs, plan in advance to get up early and get it done. Non-doingness for Dad-reasons aren't acceptable non-doingit reasons.
I'll keep up with the mid-week steps, and add gradual stair climbing, to keep things progressing from weekend to weekend.
Next up is the Eagle's Nest. I need a cool morning and a bit of downtime afterwards. Next Saturday morning is perfect.

Human Adventurer

Boss Battle: Identify Nutritional Vulnerabilities

1. Limited time

Issue:
Working far away, squeezing in gigs and practices, and on-going Dad issues make it tough to get to the grocery store and to prep and cook.
Plan to manage it:
Plan 3 days-worth of meals in advance, and create a shopping list for Jim on his non-work days, or for you to do on the way home from work.
Start this week.

2. Weekly cook-ups not a habit:

Issue:
I've done one, and my brain almost exploded. This feels very foreign, and not part of any kind of life routine.
Plan to manage it:
Make it a side-challenge for the next 2 weeks to do at least one Stacey's Basic cook-up. This will help you get the hang of it, and find your rhythm. After that, reassess.
Plan when to do it, and do the prep.

3. No way to do a quick re-heat:

Issue:
Takes too long to reheat the cook-up meal, plus, just gets another pan/plate dirty in the process 
Plan to manage it:
Get a microwave.
Ordered. Will be delivered on Wednesday.

Human Adventurer

Boss Battle: Identify Mental/Emotional Vulnerabilities

1. Fear of recurring injury.

Issue:
Anxiety around neck injury is often with me when I do workouts. Pride, and the memory of how far I had come before the injury, sometimes makes me push myself too far or hard.
Plan to manage it:
I think trusting myself that it's okay to back off, and that I've got nothing to prove, is definitely a step in the right direction.
Stay the course, Rebel. You're on this one.

2. Lose focus:

Issue:
It's easy to lose myself in what's going on with Dad. I want to be there for him, and serve as his advocate at all times. For this reason, I skip working on my own physical stuff, and don't take the time to stay grounded emotionally. Intellectually, I know I can be there better for him if I'm feeling strong and healthy myself.
Plan to manage it:
Get my stuff in early in the day. Take the small moments where I can, and enjoy them freely. Get others involved, and trust that things will be okay if I'm not there.
Start today.

3. Emotional blackmail...kind of:

Issue:
Feeling like I need to bring the spousal unit along. And he doesn't want to come. I work hard, and want to do some things, and know that I'll end up having to do them by myself because he's not in to taking care of himself.
Plan to manage it:
I need to realize that he has to take care of himself, and I have to take care of myself. This doesn't mean we don't love each other, it just means that I'm going to have regrets if I don't climb Snively's Ridge or do the Berry Falls Trail--or Big Basin to the Sea. Time for me to just acknowledge that, and plan to complete these quests on my own. I'll model the behavior, and hope it inspires, but at the end of  the day, I'm going to do these things one way or the other, even if it's by myself.
Next up is the Eagle's Nest. This will be the first trek by myself.

Human Adventurer

Monday was a bust. We shall not speak of it.

Next up: Tuesday

Tues May 30

Weigh-in: 132.00

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs w/spin, bells and onions. Mise en place.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Lunch - turkey club from the hospital cafeteria. very tasty, but didn't need the bread. you know, if I had just been alone, I would have gone home and just made myself a turkey burger, no fuss, no fanfare. i'm starting to see that the need to tend to others is leaving the door open for not-optimal decisions.
  • Dinner - giant freakin' huge handfuls of nuts, raisins and dried cranberries. Got the cook-up done, though, so yay.

Daily exercise:

• Tabata exercise - squats. 
  • Walked 8.0K steps.

Taking time:

• Right now. Dad taking a shower with the OT, spousal unit and sibling unit dealing with the truck. 
  • Taking a few minutes just to think about myself and get back on track.

Bravery:

• Next up: talk to the neurosurgeon.
  • Result: neurosurgeon did not show, saying that she would come by tomorrow.
  • But she didn't know when
  • Bravely did not go ballistic.

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done. Time constraints are insane, but I need to figure this out, it's starting to get me upset.
  • Walk 6,000 steps every day. DONE!
  • Walk up 1 flight of stairs each day I'm in the building at hospital (changed from 'work'). DONE!

Special Operations:

Boss Battle

• Tabata squats workout. DONE!
  • Walk for 15 minutes straight. DONE!
  • Tabata burpee workout.
  • Walk for 30 minutes straight.
  • No convenience food. At all. I'm talking, even take-out coffee. Fail. Sandwich from the cafeteria. 
  • Eliminate dietary vice completely for 48 hours. 
    Vice: alcoholic beverages of any nature.
    Start time: 07:00am PT.
  • Make a 3-minute video of me playing the mando and post to my group.

Unprocessed Food Shortages

• Set mise en place for 3 meals.

The Eagle's Nest - pending

• Complete the hike.
  • Take the pic.
  • Post to my group.

Human Adventurer

Wed May 31

It's been one week. I don't know that I can keep this up. 

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs w/spin, bells and onions. Mise en place.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Lunch - a meal from the cook-up heated in the shiny new microwave. WIN!!!
  • Snack - apple.
  • Dinner - another meal from the cook-up, eaten at 8pm after I got home. Normally, I would have gone to JintheB or the King. ANOTHER WIN!!

Daily exercise:

• Walked 8.2K steps.
  • Tabata burpees.

Taking time:

• Left when Dad settled in to take a nap and went for a walk.
  • Left again when he started to get cranky about the TV.

Bravery:

• Next up: talk to the neurosurgeon.
  • Result: talked to the neurosurgeon.
  • Date set: Wed, June 14.
  • Also, bravely sent note about do-re-mi to sibling units.

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. DONE!
  • Walk 6,000 steps every day. DONE!
  • Walk up 1 flight of stairs each day I'm in the building at hospital. DONE!

Special Operations:

Boss Battle

• Tabata burpee workout. DONE!
  • Walk for 30 minutes straight. DONE!
  • No convenience food. At all. I'm talking, even take-out coffee. DONE!
  • Eliminate dietary vice completely for 48 hours. 
    Vice: alcoholic beverages of any nature.
    Start time: 07:00am PT.
  • Make a 3-minute video of me playing the mando and post to my group. DONE!

• Set mise en place for 3 meals.
  • Mission complete.
  • DONE!

• Try 2 new recipes.

• Complete the hike.
  • Take the pic.
  • Post to my group.

Human Adventurer

Thur June 1

Took a walk down to the beach this morning, and then took a shower. Feeling like I can do this.

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs w/spin, bells and onions.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Lunch - a meal from the cook-up heated in the shiny new microwave. WIN!!!
  • Snack -  blueberry fruit shake.
  • Dinner - seasoned chicken breast, onions, bells and broc

Daily exercise:

• Tabata - squats & burpees.
  • Walked 10K steps.

Taking time:

• Took 2 walks today. The morning one was especially nice.

Bravery:

• Next up: talk to the care team about next steps.
  • Result: Dad will be in rehab until June 14, when he goes into surgery.
  • Bravely decided to go to my yoga day, the one I signed up for weeks ago, on Sunday. And will go back to work on Monday. And will have to be fine with it.
  • I am a trained professional and this does not phase me.

Special Operations:

Boss Battle

• Tabata squat-burpee workout. DONE!
  • Walk for 30 minutes straight twice in one day. DONE!
  • No convenience food. At all. I'm talking, even take-out coffee. Fail. Had a blueberry fruit shake. This is hard.
  • Do a team activity, with or without the squad, by Saturday morning.

• Try 2 new recipes.

• Complete the hike.
  • Take the pic.
  • Post to my group.
  • Note: this can be my boss battle team activity, assuming I can find someone to do it with me.

Human Adventurer

Fri June 2

Finally cracked. Took a sick day today. I fully intend to do as little as possible.

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs and bacon.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Lunch - salad from Whole Foods - lettuce, chicken, and some other stuff that wasn't bad.
  • Snack -  blueberry fruit shake.
  • Dinner - seasoned chicken breast, onions, bells and broc. 1 beer.

Daily exercise:

• Walked 7.8K steps.

Taking time:

• A few stolen moments pulling weeds in the front garden.

Bravery:

• Called in sick and let the chips fall where they may.

Special Operations:

Boss Battle

• Tabata squat-burpee workout. DONE!
  • Walk for 30 minutes straight twice in one day. DONE!
  • No convenience food. At all. I'm talking, even take-out coffee. Fail. Had a blueberry fruit shake and stuff from Whole Foods. But, you know, I actually need all the convenience I can get right now, so not beating myself up over this one. 
  • Do a team activity, with or without the squad, by Saturday morning. Fail. Yeah, um, one thing led to another and it didn't happen. Not even a little walklet.  

• Try 2 new recipes.

• Complete the hike.
  • Take the pic.
  • Post to my group.
  • Note: this can be my boss battle team activity, assuming I can find someone to do it with me.

Human Adventurer

Sat June 3

Got up early and did a 10-meal cook-up this morning. Before breakfast. I am a beast.

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs w/onion and spinach, and 3 pieces of bacon.
  • Lunch - from my cook-up! Green beans, sweet potato, and chicken breast.
  • Snack -  apple.
  • Dinner - another one from the cook-up. It got late, and rather than just go to Jack in the Box, we remembered we had a whole bunch of little meals in the fridge. How cool is that?
  • One shot whiskey.

Daily exercise:

• Hiked to the Eagle's Nest!
  • Walked 7.5K steps.

Taking time:

• Took a lovely nap with my little girl kitty. Woke up when the boy kitty came up and they started fighting over who gets to sleep on my stomach.

Bravery:

• Relied on my brother to visit Dad today, and only came by at the end of the day.
  • That was hard.

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done. Too tired.

Special Operations:

Boss Battle

• No convenience food. At all. I'm talking, even take-out coffee. Done! Got at least one of these this week - woo hoo!  
  • Level up my next workout. I'm going to add 1 round. Pending.

• Try 2 new recipes.
  • Status: Will try the fish tacos (1), and the cauliflower rice (2).

• Complete the hike.
  • Take the pic.
  • Post to my group.

Human Adventurer

Sun June 4

Setting myself up for, like, um, you know, success and stuff like that.

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs w/spin, bell, and onions, and 3 pieces of bacon.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Lunch - chicken breast, green beans, sweet potatoes.
  • Dinner - fish tacos: halibut, lettuce, red onion, avocado, sauce (mayo, garlic, lime juice), and 1 beer.

Daily exercise:

• Walked 7.7K steps

Taking time:

• Attacked the front yard with pruners and a saw and gusto. Gusto, I tell you!

Bravery:

• Finally threw caution to the winds and went after the overgrown manzanita.

• Mando practice for 30 mins every day. Not done. I think I'm intimidated by the time length.
  • Walk 6,000 steps every day. DONE!
  • Pick all the hikes leading up to Snively's Ridge - and beyond:
  1. Garland Ranch Waterfall trail - 2.1 miles.
  2. Henry Cowell River trail out and back - 3-4 miles (goes on forever). 
  3. Wilder Ridge Overlook bench - 6.5 miles.
  4. Fall Creek to the Big Ben Redwood - 8 miles.
  5. Snively's Ridge - 8.1 miles.
  6. Big Basin Berry Creek Falls loop - 10 miles.
  7. Big Basin to Waddell Creek - 12 miles.

Special Operations:

Boss Battle - ends Sunday night

• No convenience food. At all. I'm talking, even take-out coffee. DONE!
  • Level up my next workout. I'm going to add 1 round. Pending for tomorrow morning.
  • Flash mission: Fix a home-cooked healthy alternative to my favorite take-out meal. Going for the fish tacos and 2 birds with one stone. DONE!

• Try 2 new recipes.

Establish my safe zone

Walk 1 mile a day (straight) for 10 days in a row.

• Start date: June 5, 2017 | End date: June 14, 2017
  • Tomorrow is Day 1.
  •  

Human Adventurer

Mon June 5

Weight: 131.00

Liquid challenge! Woo hoo! I'm fairly certain the slow velocity of weight loss is due to blueberry fruit shake smoothies and beer. This challenge couldn't come at a better time. Let's see what happens!

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs w/spin, bell, and onions. 2 cups black coffee.
  • Lunch - roasted chicken breast, sweet potato fries, eggplant in the form of babaganoush.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Dinner - turkey burger with leftover sauce, homemade crab dip with cucumbers.

Daily exercise:

• Yoga for 10 mins. Starting it up again.
  • Walked 6.6K steps.

Taking time:

• Drove to work. Noticed the buck-eyes are blooming.

Bravery:

• None that I can think of.

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day. Dropped the time back down. I think I do better this way -- 15 minutes daily is better than no minutes daily. Didn't happen today.
  • Walk 6,500 steps every day. Upped it by 500 steps. DONE!
  • Walk up 1 flight of stairs each day I'm in the building at hospital or at work. DONE!
  • Nothing but black coffee, herb tea, and water. DONE!
  • Drink 8 cups of water each day. DONE!
  • Cold shower (2 mins at end of regular shower). Starting tomorrow.

Special Operations:

• Try 2 new recipes.
  • Mission complete!

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 1.
  • Mission complete.

------------------------------

For Reference - Hiking Epic Quest

Snively's Ridge - and beyond!

Human Adventurer

Tue June 6

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - Massive, beast-sized meal of veggie omelet, 3 strips bacon, 2 sausage patties. 
  • Lunch - salad w/chicken, tomato, onions and avocado.
  • Snack - 2 apples.
  • Dinner - roasted chicken breast with green beans and sweet potato.

Daily exercise:

• Yoga for 10 mins. Didn't get out of bed in time.
  • Walked 6.6K steps.

Taking time:

• Came home early and took a nap.

Bravery:

• Took the first cold shower of the challenge. Ye gods.
  • Asked my brother to follow up with the dealership on the check for the truck.

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day. Dropped the time back down. I think I do better this way -- 15 minutes daily is better than no minutes daily. DONE!
  • Walk 6,500 steps every day. Upped it by 500 steps. DONE!
  • Walk up 1 flight of stairs each day I'm in the building at hospital or at work.DONE!
  • Cold shower (2 mins at end of regular shower). DONE!

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 2.
  • Mission complete.

Human Adventurer

Wed June 7

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs w/spin, onion and bells.
  • Lunch - asparagus, eggplant, and chicken breast with some sort of tomato/garlic sauce.
  • Snack - handful of weird nut-and-dried-apricot mix that was spicy. did i mention it was weird.
  • Dinner - chicken breast, green beans and sweet potato.

Daily exercise:

• Yoga for 15 mins, but without any sort of intention whatsoever. Worked on my feet a little bit.
  • Walked 6.7K steps.

Taking time:

• Took a wander in the afternoon between meetings through the marshlands. Saw dodder, Canada geese and their babies, and lots of very cool bumblebees on the California buckwheat.

Bravery:

• I'm sure I was brave, I just can't remember doing what, exactly.
  • It felt brave just to show up at work and not cry all day.

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day. DONE!
  • Walk 6,500 steps every day. DONE!
  • Walk up 1 flight of stairs each day I'm in the building at hospital or at work. DONE!

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 3.
  • Mission complete.

Human Adventurer

Thur June 8

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - breakfast sandwich wcroissant, eggs and bacon.
  • Lunch - salad w/chicken and crunchies and what I'm sure is super-unhealthy dressing.
  • Dinner - trip to Jack in the Box for a teriyaki chicken bowl and 1.5 egg rolls.

Daily exercise:

• 7.9K steps.

Taking time:

• Sat in the garden for a sec.

Bravery:

• Showed up. Did the thing. 
  • Quickly followed by a bout of despair.
  • Followed by loin-girding.

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day. Nada.

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 4.
  • Mission complete.

Body weight basics

Do my very own beginning body weight workout 3 times in 7 days.

Get with the meal plan

• Create 4-day meal plan
  • Create shopping list

Human Adventurer

Fri June 9

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs and bacon.
  • Lunch - salad w/chicken and crunchies again.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Dinner - seasoned chicken breast, broc, bells, and onion.

Daily exercise:

• Forgot to wear my thing, but walked a ton, so I'm going to call it 6.5K steps, since it felt average. 

Taking time:

• Sat in the garden for a sec.Again.

Bravery:

• Re-girded loins after a sleepless night.
  • Picked up the damn phone and started calling.
  • Visited 2 places before the end of the day. Win!
  • One wasn't ghastly and is a possible.

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 5.
  • Mission complete.

Body weight basics

• Start date: June 12, 2017 | End date: June 18, 2017
  • Monday is Day 1.

Get with the meal plan

• Create 4-day meal plan
  • Create shopping list

Human Adventurer

Sat June 10

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs and bacon.
  • Lunch - chicken, sweet potato, green beans.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Dinner - at a gig and completely ridiculous -- eight million microscopic crab cakes and some carrot sticks. blech.

Daily exercise:

• Walked 8.3K steps.

Taking time:

• Snuck in a stroll during the break at the gig. 

Bravery:

• More phone calls. 
  • Visited One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and a couple of other places.

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 6.
  • Mission complete.

Body weight basics

• Monday is Day 1.

Get with the meal plan

• Create 4-day meal plan
  • Create shopping list
  • Mission complete!

Human Adventurer

Sun June 11

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs with spin, bells, and onions and 3 strips bacon.
  • Lunch - apple, and a bag of mixed nuts.
  • Dinner - seasoned chicken, broc, bells and onions.

Daily exercise:

• Walked 6.5K steps. Barely.

Taking time:

• Quick stroll around the neighborhood, looking at the cute little houses and noticing how people used their front yards.

Bravery:

• BRAVELY left it in the hands of visiting relatives and took the afternoon off.
  • Went to that one little gallery and saw that they still had that block print that I've been looking at for over a year.
  • BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Did some drive-by's while we were at it.

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 7.
  • Mission complete.

Body weight basics

• Monday is Day 1.

Human Adventurer

Mon June 12

Weight: 131.00

WTF??? Shows how you can get derailed by a bite here and a nibble there. I feel pretty good, though, so there's that.

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs with spin, bells, and onions and 3 strips bacon.
  • Lunch - chicken breast, green beans, sweet potato.
  • Snack - blueberry fruit shake fail. spousal unit got it for me and i caved.
  • Snack - apple.
  • Dinner - chicken breast, green beans, sweet potato.

Daily exercise:

Back to it!

• Yoga warm-up, followed by 3x4 kneeling push-ups, 3x11 squats, 3x5 steep incline pull-ups, 3x11sec straight-arm planks, 3x11 sec 1/2 boat post. Cool down of thigh and inner leg stretches, child's pose, and then just lying there near the cat.
  • Walked 6.5K steps. Barely.

Taking time:

• A few precious minutes in the garden, looking at all the weeding that needs to be done.

Bravery:

• 11am meeting at the hospital, followed by 1 more phone call and visit.
  • Update: no return phone call (2nd try), so moving on. meeting at hospital made me really see that dad's current living situation probably won't work. 
  • Will call the other place tomorrow and see if the room is still there.

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day. DONE! Yay!
  • Nothing but black coffee, herb tea, and water. Blueberry smoothie fail.
  • No caffeine after 11:00am. DONE!
  • Get up when the alarm goes off each day. DONE!

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 8.
  • Mission complete.

Body weight basics

• Today is Day 1.

Human Adventurer

Tue June 13

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs with spin, bells, and onions.
  • Lunch - salad with chicken and crunchies.
  • Snack - apple and small handful of nuts.
  • Dinner - chicken breast, green beans and sweet potato.

Daily exercise:

• 30 mins of yoga, gentle unwind. Addressing the lack of yoga focus by returning to my much-loved video and working through the sessions. Realized that the new TV/DVD setup was a roadblock, so took some time this morning to figure it out. Problem solved. Yay!
  • Walked 8.3K steps.

Taking time:

• Snuck in a much-needed stroll between hospital visits and dinner. 8:30pm and still warm out. 

Bravery:

• Dad's surgery is tomorrow. 
  • Bravely looked at what that could mean.
  • Will work from his room today, and spend as much time with him as I can.
  • I love him so much.

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day. Nope.

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 9.
  • Mission complete.

Body weight basics

• Tomorrow is Day 2.

Human Adventurer

Wed June 14

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs with onions and mushrooms, 2 strips bacon, 2 sausages. Hospital cafeteria FTW!
  • Lunch - 2 fish tacos, a few mouthfuls of spanish rice, extra corn tortillas
  • Snack - apple
  • Dinner - spinach salad w/salmon, pistachios and dried cranberries. 2 post-surgery beers.

Daily exercise:

• Yoga warm-up, followed by 3x4 kneeling push-ups, 3x10 lunges, each leg, 3x6 steep incline chin-ups, 3x10 sec straight-one-arm planks, each side, 3x11 sec 1/2 boat post. Cool down quickie.
  • Walking - forgot to put on my tracker, but it felt like less than normal. Definitely not 6,500.

Taking time:

• Took a walk before meeting the sibling-units for dinner.

Bravery:

• Got up when the alarm went off and did my bodyweight workout, even though there were multiple distractions.
  • Currently in the waiting room.
  • Waiting.
  • Update: Waited for 5 hours. That last hour was brutal, but all is well.
  • Smiled joyfully when I went to the ICU, and did not let him see how scared I was. Bravely left him alone to get some rest. ;-)

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day. Not done. Too distracted.
  • Walk 6,500 steps every day. Not done. 
  • Nothing but black coffee, herb tea, and water. Not done. Beers.
  • Drink 8 cups of water each day. Not done. Can't fool myself. Felt crazy-dehydrated all day long and almost certainly didn't drink enough water. 

Special Operations:

Establish my safe zone

• Today is Day 10.
  • Mission complete.
  • Done and Done!

Body weight basics

• Today is Day 3.

Human Adventurer

Thurs, June 15

Eating paleo:

• Breakfast - eggs with spin, bells and onions.
  •  

Daily exercise:

• Yoga day, but none done this morning. After work?

Taking time:

•  

Bravery:

• Went to work for a thing that I need to be at IRL.
  • Bravely relying on a sibling unit to look after Dad in ICU.
  • Side Note: Bravely did not go freakin' ballistic on that same sibling unit when I found out last night--after 2 pitchers of beer--that he was leaving for Italy for a month. On Sunday.

• Mando practice for 15 mins every day.
  • Walk 6,500 steps every day.
  • Walk up 1 flight of stairs each day I'm in the building at hospital or at work.
  • Nothing but black coffee, herb tea, and water. 
  • No caffeine after 11:00am. 
  • Drink 8 cups of water each day. Not done.
  • Get up when the alarm goes off each day. Really not done. Boy kitty had to walk on my face to get me out of bed.

Special Operations:

Drive-by compliment

Compliment 3 strangers on something by the end of the week.

Bedroom upgrade

Make 1 bedroom improvement that promotes good habit-building.

Body weight basics

• Today is Day 3.

Human Adventurer