The ups and downs of becoming awesome

Or rather how life keeps knocking me down...

It basically begun 4 years ago with the thought "wow, that's what I look like now? I used to be in better shape!" So I got back into sports, mostly bodyweight and rope jumping, and started eating a lot healthier and it worked wonders, I lost 25lbs in 6 months and I was incredibly proud of myself. I felt better and a lot more confident, I still wanted to lose some weight but it was more like "I feel great so I either lose the weight or not, doesn't matter". I didn't but I maintained my weight and continued to work out for another year, then I injured my knee very badly, I wasn't allowed to do anything for 9 months, even swimming hurt because of the movement. Of course I was frustrated but I kept eating healthy but I had some candy here and a pizza there and over time it became more and I regained some weight.

As soon as my knee was fine, I lost the weight again and then hit a plateau, I did anything to get past it and after some time I started to gain weight again and I even noticed a decline in my fitness performance and last year my doctor told me why: I have hashimoto's thyroiditis (0/10 do not recommend). 

A few months later I also got diagnosed with depression shortly before my father fell really ill and I had to take care of him to the point where I had to feed him (he is completely fine now, thank god!) which really drained my remaining energy and therefore I neglected uni and work.

The past year has been horrible for me and healthwise I'm basically back to where I started.

So after I spilled my guts out I need to say that I'm glad I found this community (especially as someone with a huge passion for videogames, superheroes and SciFi), seeing other people who struggle with similar things but still reach their goals is very inspiring, we're all on some kind of journey and can learn from one another. I already participated last challenge and was surprised as how well I can actually perform with a supportive community. 

This year I will try my best to stay on track, kick some ass and also manage everything not fitness related.

Here is to a hopefully great year!