[[Miw-Sher] Here we go again. Let's try ALL the things!

Miw_Sher

<3 skimmed your recap post and will come back to it later. Awesome job on the challenge though. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So actually, having caught up now, you did awesome this challenge. I know you've struggled with things mentally but you've built the start of a solid workout habit, you've lost weight, and you've had a (accidental) walking adventure! Seriously well done this month.

• Like 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

3 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

The bottom line is that i got an A average. That is fantastic, but go through my thread and you'll never be under the impression that I was going so strongly. There was a lot more going on and there is a lot to be learned by how things went down.

That's really awesome! Establishing and maintaining a regular exercise when dealing with a heavy workload, missing laptop cords, mood troubles, and other setbacks is really impressive. And congrats on the weight loss as well. As for your statement about "go through my thread and you'll never be under the impression that I was going so strongly" I think it's worth asking yourself...is it possible that this is a sign you're having trouble giving yourself credit for your success? Focusing only on the downsides, and maximizing your troubles while discounting or underestimating your victories? I know your brain is sometimes uncooperative and likes to make you feel bad, so maybe this is something to watch out for. Perhaps a concrete, objective measurement of your success (like @Countess D'If has with her stickers on a calendar) might be helpful in reminding you of what you're doing right.

This last realisation especially is something I need to take with me in my everyday work as well. Just because I had a bad day does not mean the project is ruined, and as long as I keep trudging on, things will move forward and I will eventually come to the end of it. It is vital, however, that I show up every day and actually do the things I have to do, on that day, and not push them to the next day. Staying in a rut is the real downfall.

This reminds me of an inspirational quotation I like - "You drown not by falling into water, but by remaining there." I'm not sure who said it, but for me it really rings true. A stumble is only a small blip, and it only derails our plans if we let it stop our momentum. If we keep trudging along no matter what, the stumbles will average out and make no difference.

Just stating "I feel like shit today", not only because I got plenty of support, but simply acknowledging it was massively helpful in getting stuff done. Though I have no idea why. I'd come here, say I feel like shit and everything was going to crap, then go and get stuff done anyways. I'll keep on doing that.

I found the same thing!! I think it's because when things are hard, I often try to hide it or make it seem like things are okay (both because I don't want to burden others, and because I don't want to seem like a failure) but that just increases the load on my shoulders and isolates me, and makes it harder to solve the problem because I'm too busy trying to hide the problem. I am finally realizing it's better to be honest when I am struggling, and then have a chance to fix it, than to use all my energy trying to hide the struggle and have no energy left to fight it.

Anyway, in sum: fantastic challenge and well done this month!! I am eager to hear more about your TM training because when I am in a little better shape that is on my list of goals :D

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!

Thanks all for the heart-warming words and encouragement. Now thar it's sunk in I am getting very proud of myself. :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 3

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

On 3/2/2017 at 9:38 PM, Miw_Sher said:

I have lost count of how many countries I moved, and being a member of a rather large organisation means I have a lot of very close friends strewn all over the place.

I've tried to pin your location based on the language of TM tickets registration and your Tapatalk signature, but still haven't reached a safe conclusion. Top 4 options are Spain, France, Germany and Italy :P

Congratulations for your progress this challenge. Too bad I met you halfway, I'll be keeping an eye on your next one from the beginning!

• Like 3

Eck, I've been having Internet troubles all day.

20 hours ago, Severine said:

That's really awesome! Establishing and maintaining a regular exercise when dealing with a heavy workload, missing laptop cords, mood troubles, and other setbacks is really impressive. And congrats on the weight loss as well. As for your statement about "go through my thread and you'll never be under the impression that I was going so strongly" I think it's worth asking yourself...is it possible that this is a sign you're having trouble giving yourself credit for your success? Focusing only on the downsides, and maximizing your troubles while discounting or underestimating your victories? I know your brain is sometimes uncooperative and likes to make you feel bad, so maybe this is something to watch out for. Perhaps a concrete, objective measurement of your success (like @Countess D'If has with her stickers on a calendar) might be helpful in reminding you of what you're doing right.

There is some truth to that, but in this case it was referring tot he fact that I barely ever mentioned how my goals were advancing in here. :) So someone who dropped by would have had no clue about where I was in the challenge at all.

22 hours ago, Jarric said:

So actually, having caught up now, you did awesome this challenge. I know you've struggled with things mentally but you've built the start of a solid workout habit, you've lost weight, and you've had a (accidental) walking adventure! Seriously well done this month.

Oh yeah, that accidental walking adventure reminds me I need to take some t ime off this weekend to retrace my steps. Some areas looked like they could have been really nice in daylight.

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I've tried to pin your location based on the language of TM tickets registration and your Tapatalk signature, but still haven't reached a safe conclusion. Top 4 options are Spain, France, Germany and Italy :P

Congratulations for your progress this challenge. Too bad I met you halfway, I'll be keeping an eye on your next one from the beginning!

Hehe, three out of four of those countries I have indeed lived in. One of them is my passport country. ;)

I'll be making sure to check in your thread for a change as well!

• Like 2

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)