Every few months or so, I get off track and get angry. I'm pretty sure that the emotional turbulence causes the physical break down, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, the more I mess up, the angrier I get and vice versa. It's a huge self hate spiral. I mean, I'm still losing weight, but it's irritating how slow it is, and I know it's completely my fault. Even if I stay in my calorie range, I don't eat quality calories, or I don't workout according to my plan. I lost three pounds in a month. I used to lose that in a week. In fact, I know I can, but I can't seem to get this anger in control. With the messed up stuff, my energy level is low too, meaning that I can't push the workouts. A big part of the equation now is anxiety, as the gym gets busy, which makes me anxious and activates my "fight or flight" response, and I'll pick flight. I'm pissed at myself so freaking bad. Disappointed, ashamed, depressed, and I feel like giving up. Life feels like it sucks right now. It's depression, anxiety, shame, guilt, low energy, and disappointment all rolled into one big negative ball.

Losing 3 pounds per week is not sustainable is it? 3 pounds a month does not sound bad at all! In any case, the more important thing is that you deserve better than to feel this way. Is there anyone you can talk to, any resources you can use? Good luck, I hope you find some good coping mechanisms that work for you.

The Doctor: "I travel. Through time and space."

Donna Noble: "He saves worlds, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures and runs a lot. Seriously, there's an outrageous amount of running involved."

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Ennue said:

Losing 3 pounds per week is not sustainable is it? 3 pounds a month does not sound bad at all! In any case, the more important thing is that you deserve better than to feel this way. Is there anyone you can talk to, any resources you can use? Good luck, I hope you find some good coping mechanisms that work for you.

No, it's not sustainable past about two months. But, I'm three hundred pounds, so per pound / percentage, it's an appropriate amount. Anyways, I'm good now. Just needed to vent, and spoke with the therapist.

As someone that has struggled with significant anger problems most of my life, I can sympathize with what you are going through. You KNOW that food/habit/skipped workout is wrong, but there X reasons, some of which are completely legit. I've known many people with a variety of mental health problems, and it DOES make even simple goals very challenging sometimes.

I have a couple ideas that could help you. Feel free to contact me privately if you want any more information.

1. Pre-planned contingencies

Murphy's Law is real. Everything that can go wrong will, and never when you're actually prepared for it. So minimize the times you're not prepared for it with contingency plans. Create contingencies FOR your contingencies. Remove all possibility that you could even have the option to make the bag choice.

Example: If I can't get to the gym to do my lifts, I will do X body weight workout instead.

2. Use the anger positively

"This are no Dark or Light Sides. The Force is ONE, Jacen Solo." Many people see anger as only a negative thing. But the thing about emotions is that they are not good or bad. They just are. What we DO with them is what matters. Instead of letting our anger at ourselves for our failure break us down, we can channel it to empower and motivate ourselves. The next time you get off track, don't turn your anger inward at yourself. Use it as a motivator. Let that rush hit you and have the best damn workout you've ever had in your life.