• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

clandestine

GMB - Integral Strength, Parallettes, Floor

I'm thinking about picking up one of these programs in addition to my BJJ & Yoga practice.

Has anyone got any experience with any of them? If so, what did you like about it? How long did each training session take? Anything you would tell someone interested in the programs?

Cheers!

I've done the floor and loved it. What I really liked about it is the exercise videos that went along with it. They did a great job of showing the progressions, and how to do the exercise.  The other thing I liked about it was how well the exercises complemented each other. It is a very well thought out program, so for instance they have you doing inverse pushups (hands finger pointing toward face) which builds up your wrists so that you are more prepared for the arm balance. The other thing I like about it is it is broken into three cycle, first is strength for about 4 week, then the next few weeks build on that, then the last 4 weeks you learn the flow. You are building on things and learning, so there is continuity, but it also changes enough to keep it interesting.  I haven't done intergral strength, mainly because they didn't have it when I bought Floor 1. Oh the other cool thing is that any time they upgrade their programs you get the upgrade free. I think it takes about an hour a day. The first cycle is strength three days a week, flexibility alternate days, and those days were more like 30 minutes. Can you tell I am a GMB fangirl?:) I also have their RIngs 1 program and love it.

I think @annyshay has done the Integral Strength

• Like 1

Hey! Thanks for the response. :)

I'm a yoga diehard (So much of it carries over to jiujitsu), do you think yoga would be sufficient for the flexibility days?

Also, how strenuous would you say the workouts are? Would you consider them a cardio workout by any chance?

I'd help you out, but I see that you're from Gracie Barra. #CarlsonGracie4Life

Kidding aside, I've checked out some GMB stuff and it seems pretty good, but I don't have actual experience with following the programs long-term as I eventually went with GymnasticBodies.

@Elastigirl I just saw that GMB has a flash sale because they’re retiring their skills programs, and I’m thinking of picking up the Floor package. What particular skills do you work on in F1?

Floor One Has

Level A:

crow

crow to forward roll

cartwheel

spin jump

double arm lever

shoulder bridge

handstand

seiza to standing

back roll

inverted press

Level B

similar but also 

crane

floor kip 

round off

• Thanks 1

I have worked with Parallettes 1 and 2 :) P1 in full, and with P2 I went up to Phase 3, and that took me a year (the original programme has 4 phases and is scheduled for 6-months). I'm now taking a break and working on another programme (handstand press / GarageGymGirl). But I still do a custom version of P2 once a week, focusing on bent arm work.

I learnt a lot with these programmes (body weight training / tracking how my body is feeling / how to progress and how to deload as well). I love the phases and progressions towards flows.  I have been very consistent with both programmes and I made huge progress. Bent arm strength is a bit harder to get but I feel I got the tools to make progress.

P1 I think is about 45mn-1h each session 3x a week. P2 sessions were more like between 1h15 and 2h, also 3x a week. As you progress, you can do them quicker though. And you can also choose your rhythm/schedule - 3x/week is just one option.

NB: you should go buy them quickly indeed because they are unfortunately retiring all the skill programmes :(

• Like 1

So I got the Floor package, and I'm quite excited. F2 looks doable, and part of me just wants to jump into it, but I'm deciding to go through F1 first to make sure I cover all my bases. My handstand is still garbage, and my wrists are in terrible condition. My shoulder has been stiff as well.  I did do the warmup prior to jiu-jitsu on Saturday and it felt great. I'm going to have to commit this to memory.

• Like 2