Elinox Runs with the Doctor

elinox

Main Quest

To live a healthy and balanced life by exercising and trying to eat healthy.

My motivation

I've successfully dropped weight by counting calories so my diet will mostly be staying the same with 1200 calories per day M-F and then blow meals on the weekends. I've managed to put on some muscle in an effort to become stronger by weightlifting and I’ve discovered that I love lifting heavy things!

1. Running

One of the Doctor’s most important, and necessary, skills is his ability to run from danger. Run away and live to fight another day!

I am still not a runner by nature. I’m of the mind that I shouldn’t have to run unless something is chasing me (t-rex, zombies, Daleks, otters). But in the case of this challenge and in an effort to be a True Hero, I am going to practice this hated exercise since it apparently is good for me and works towards weight loss/toning. Plus, if I’m going to keep up with the Doctor I need to be in decent running shape: don’t want those pesky Daleks to catch up to us!

Run 2-3 times per week at the gym for more than 15 minutes. I’m aiming for the following time breakdown:

Week #1: 20 minutes

Week #2: 20 minutes

Week #3: 25 minutes

Week #4: 30 minutes

Scoring: /4

Reward: +3 to STA

2. Sweet Treats

Even though in the episodes I’ve seen the Doctor rarely eats, when he does, it’s something healthy like a banana. I actually like most fruits (unlike veggies!), and bananas are yummy.

I’ve mostly got this one down, but since it works and is something I should be doing anyway, particularly after the holidays, I’m adding it back in for this challenge. I want to cut down the sweet treats to 2-3 times Monday through Friday because processed sugar is evil.

Scoring: /15 days

Reward: +5 to CON & +5 to CHA

3. Animal Flow

As a Time Lord, Doctor Who encounters many strange, beautiful and amazing creatures in his travels. And I know he appreciates other cultures and perspectives, even if they’re different than his own. I’m sure he’d love all sorts of animals too!

Since it’s been a few challenges, and I enjoyed it when I’ve done it before, I’m going back to practicing Animal Flow poses at least twice a week.

Scoring: /8

Reward: +2 to DEX

Hopefully I can keep up with the Doctor! Alonsy!

10.jpg

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

welcome!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

1 minute ago, Strickland5 said:

welcome!

giphy.gif

Thanks. It's been awhile since I was in Scouts, so I thought I'd give it another go. ;)

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

7 hours ago, deborahjade said:

If you are running on a treadmill, does your gym have TVs you can watch when you run? Otherwise, I used to enjoy listening to audiobooks to help the time go past.

Yes, there are TVs but I don't pay attention to them. When I run, I do it to music and just focus on keeping running. 

Current Challenge: 

Sweet Treats: 2/15 (Tuesday popcorn, Wednesday English muffin with peanut butter)

Animal Flow: 1/8 (wolf, duck, scorpion & crab)

Current Challenge: 

Good job on the goals!!  Love the theme here!  I can't say the thought of the TARDIS showing up, The Doctor popping his head out, looking at me and saying,

"Come on, don't wonder and make sure you keep up!" hasn't maybe possibly helped motivate my running over the last year. :)    

I did see you said run at the gym..  If you can, weather, location and all permitting, I would highly suggest trying to get a run in outside.  Personally, I think it makes all the difference in the world! But that's just me..

And remember...

“Never ignore coincidence. Unless, of course, you’re busy. In which case, always ignore coincidence.”
— The Doctor

• Like 1

Current Challenge

NF Character (Work in Progress)

Previous challenges  | 1

"We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" -The Doctor

"I drink and I know things" - Tyrion Lannister

"BE AWESOME!!" -me :)

7 minutes ago, Rafnir said:

I did see you said run at the gym..  If you can, weather, location and all permitting, I would highly suggest trying to get a run in outside.  Personally, I think it makes all the difference in the world! But that's just me..

Yes, there's a gym here at my work and I meet a friend there every day and he works out too. I've tried running outside once or twice and found that it was physically much harder. 

And since it's January and cold, running outside likely wouldn't work for me since I really don't have the proper clothing for it. That, and I like being able to monitor how far/fast I'm going. But mostly how much time is left until I'm done!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Working out with a friend is great!  Keep up the good work!  You are right though, outside it tougher on the bones and joints and all that other stuff that keeps my legs from falling off..  

Current Challenge

NF Character (Work in Progress)

Previous challenges  | 1

"We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" -The Doctor

"I drink and I know things" - Tyrion Lannister

"BE AWESOME!!" -me :)

44 minutes ago, Primeval said:

Who is your favorite doctor?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Number 10, David Tennant!

large.jpg

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

Sweet Treats: 10/15 (goldfish crackers & banana)

Animal Flow: 4/8 (bear, duck, crab & raven)

Current Challenge: