PinkNinja Joins the Adventurers

PinkNinja

Oh my goodness!  I am so sorry to hear that.  I hope your mini-vacation is amazingly good!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

ACTUAL Challenge Update!

The story so far:

Health1: I’ve made my meals each week. I have not used the 2nd & 3rd ones, but I made them. The 2nd may not be helfpul for others, but the 3rd one isn't bad. I didn’t use them because I wound up not being able to use my kitchen. I bought sammich stuff for while I’m in the cabin. I’m doing full points for the plans. The goal was to make the plan. I have the plans and (with slight tweaks) can use them when I get my house back. Anyway, 15 pts 

H2: Hit or miss. Some nights I was in bed early, but couldn’t sleep. Some nights I COULDN’T go to bed early because I had to wash everything resembling bedding before I could sleep. But! I got 6 straight of on-time bed, which is the longest run I’ve had in a long time. I felt great! I am getting back to that this weekend during my mini working vacation. Sleep is definitely going to become more of a priority. It made a huge difference.  9 pts 

Wealth1:
I bought a soldering iron/circuits kit, and I’m really excited about it. I’ve learned a lot about circuits and wiring LEDs lately. And I’m sooo ready for hands on. I want to learn more because I have a house to make energy efficient. (not the one I live in, I can’t do stuff to it)  So despite the subtraction of points, I have no regrets.  -17

W2: The hand out & example basket are ready for the class I’m doing Feb. 2nd. I realized I have another basket to make for work by Feb. 4th. :o It’s easy but large and I haven’t even ordered supplies yet. I also found out that proposals are due at the end of March, and I’ve started calculating totals for soap making and a brainstorming a few others. So half, +5

Sanity1: When I’ve been at my house, I’ve stuck with the 3x20 plan completely. When I’ve not, I’ve mostly still done my 20 minutes(or more) of creating. I finished the example basket, I drafted mom’s coasters and plan to warp the first set tonight. I also worked on learning circuit stuff, which is part of creating. And ordered my no regrets soldering gun. So +10

S2: I inventoried the stuff I used. The one tent we took, the 2 sleeping pads, the sleeping bags. I think I’m going to only be specific on the more expensive, really good gear. The wal-mart brands and less specialized gear, I will probably lump together. I have enough tents that if we ever had a nerd camp out, I could single handed provide accommodations to sleep 23 people comfortably. That’s not even the advertised capacity on the tents and that’s not letting anyone sleep in my hammock (cus that’s Mine!) Though, someone could sleep in the other hammock, with a fly, so 24. I think it’s time to get rid of a couple of tents. Anyone need a 3 man tent? I know I have 1 that is complete and whole and no questionable rigging would be required. When I get done with my inventory, I will put at least a couple up for grabs. +6

I'm at 27. out of a possible 100ish. And we're halfwayish? Not too bad, especially with big point items in progress.

Adventure Bonus

Uhm, it’s been getting in the high 70s and low 80s lately. I may not get to “cold weather kayak”. :S

• Like 3

Ooh, can you share the recipe for the Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken w/brown rice?  that sounds interesting!

• Like 1

Challenges:

16 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

Ooh, can you share the recipe for the Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken w/brown rice?  that sounds interesting!

NomNom's recipe is good; I have used it grilled: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/132500915613/vietnamese-lemongrass-chicken

But this is what I use for having it with rice when it's not summer, grillin' time: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNsFFHl1qz5q0qbJ3xPREOojzSqBckTGbYgoqYC-AZY/edit?usp=sharing

BUT! I didn't use that recipe for that meal plan. That's why I didn't include it. I cheated and used the StreetKitchen scratch kit. I've tried several of their dishes and I really like them.I have not tried this one, because I didn't make the meal plan last week.  I am trying it because I wanted lemongrass chicken, but I can't find lemongrass around here. It has the marinade, the sauce, and herbs all packages separately.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Kitchen-Vietnamese-Lemongrass-Chicken-Asian-Scratch-Kit-9-oz/52793354#about-item The only thing in their ingredient list that's not something I use is " Vegetable Gum (Xanthan)" and "Cornstarch" which, in the recipes that I mushed together to make mine, 2 had cornstarch. But not the one I got the caramel from. So I used that to make it thicker. Oh, and "natural flavors", which it lists "Tumeric & Paprika oleoresin" but I have read studies that while tumeric has a positive effect on bloodsugar *in mice*, that tumeric oleoresin has a more positive effect on it *in mice*. 

.Anyway, there ya go.

• Like 2

Thank you!

• Like 1

Challenges:

I've still got fleas.  The pest control folks said it'd be at least a month before they could spray again.

The good news is they're only in my bedroom and I have two other rooms that both have beds.  One even has a queen sized bed.  So I guess I'm going to move into the guest bedroom. I'll buy one of those flea traps and put in my room and stay out of it.  My puppy will continue to stay at Mom's.  :( But with his flea allergy and being older,  I think that's best for him, even if we miss each other. 

I'm going to have a couple workout outfits,  a couple uniforms,  and a few other articles of clothing with me.  This will be a good opportunity to gauge how much i can downsize my wardrobe. 

It'll also be a good chance to clean and organize somewhere other than my bedroom.

I have no idea what I'll do if the fleas continue to be a problem for months or if they spread to the rest of the house.  My boss says burning it down is currently not an option.  I'm going to get back on track with meals. 

Staying in one of our guest cabins has been a good experience.  I have a list of positives and a list of things we can improve on for the cabins.  And I have been reminded that even when I'm not moving every 6-10 weeks, my life is not routine.  I need to plan and contingency plan accordingly.  So I'm going to start with healthy food contingency plans. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, PinkNinja said:

I have no idea what I'll do if the fleas continue to be a problem for months or if they spread to the rest of the house.  My boss says burning it down is currently not an option. 

Have you told your boss not to make any hasty decisions? But way to be positive about the whole situation! Hopefully vacuuming and the like gets them out of the house for good!

I psyched myself up to move back. 

My boss said no. He said to stay in the cabin and buy what I need to kill some more fleas. Then he amended  his statement to exclude grenades, flame throwers, and the pyroshot I've been asking for since I went to burn boss school.  We're not busy, so the cabin would be vacant anyway and he said that if it weren't myself,  I'd not have considered putting someone else back in that house. 

So now there are flea traps in the living room, kitchen, and all three bedrooms.  I'm going to go over and fog it in the morning for the next few days. 

*shrug* We'll see!  If I go missing, the fleas have developed the use of tools and have captured me. 

*also, a pyroshot is an air gun that shoots what are basically ping pong balls of napalm & they let me play with it!!in front of a news crew and Senate committee even! *

• Like 4

Good thing you have alternate housing! Is there anything like a nuclear testing site/evil science lab/strange alien artifact anywhere near your home? These do not sound like normal bugs.

I like your goals!

• Like 2

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Yo

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

On 1/24/2017 at 2:27 PM, stealthstitcher said:

Good thing you have alternate housing! Is there anything like a nuclear testing site/evil science lab/strange alien artifact anywhere near your home? These do not sound like normal bugs.

I like your goals!

I think there may be a secret villain lair somewhere. There has to be. It's the only explanation I can come up with that doesn't involve biblical plagues.

And yes, a major benefit to living in a park with cabins(or a lodge), there's usually somewhere to stay. At least during the winter. Though we're about to have a park residence empty for an indeterminable amount of time because we lost a position. So I'll have a plan C.

And thanks! I think they were really good goals for me in a normal situation. I'm planning to recycle them and just pretend this flea bitten challenge never happened. Though I have seriously improved on going to bed early. Staying in the cabin has helped with that because I don't have my normal distractions that I have in my home.

• Like 2

Reverting to my plan of moving back into my house, but not my room,  and just treating my bedroom until the fleas go away. There were way less in there today when I checked. I set off another fogger and went back to work. I'm leaving the flea traps out everywhere.  And the traps in the rest of the house remain empty, so they're seriously ONLY in my room, by the air vent. I can get the rest of my house clean and back together. I can have my kitchen back and cook healthy. And get my extra room to workout mode instead of junk/crap from my bedroom mode.

I also found a silver lining. I have a list of repairs, changes and additions for our cabins. Several very inexpensive things can be changed to spruce things up a little (some things will cost less but look better). I'd have never noticed them if I hadn't stayed in a cabin for a week. Plus, the quote for the park's kayak launch that I requested came back, and it's within our budget. I think we're going to get it! I'm excited!

• Like 2

I was on call tonight after work and I  didn't get anything done for me.

Between tv issues and heat issues in different cabins, I plunged a toilet, killed two random bonfire parties (seriously,  we have like 173 unoccupied fire pits, WHY do people feel the need to build random bonfires?!), helped jumpstart a truck that was actually there to dump their trash in our private dumpster, and helped catch a kitten.

Oh and identified a tree for some out of state folks who saw my uniform while i jumped off the dumpster bandit's truck and came over because they had to know the tree. 

But now everyone who wants tv, has it,  everyone has heat, the kitten was recovered, all the toilets flush, and there better not be anymore fires.

Once my feet thaw,  I'm going to bed to wake up early to be the park representative for judging a spelling bee.

To think, some people believe  all Park Rangers do is play in the woods (&tweet about climate change ;) )

Also,  I'm totally in my own house as I type this. :D

• Like 4

Yay for being back at your house!

• Like 1

Challenges:

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

This is hilarious. Did they actually do the dumping or did they drive off with a truck full of shame?

They had started dumping, truck died,  and they finished as I drove off, after assuring me it wouldn't happen again. Smh

• Like 1
On 1/23/2017 at 11:44 PM, PinkNinja said:

I psyched myself up to move back. 

My boss said no. He said to stay in the cabin and buy what I need to kill some more fleas. Then he amended  his statement to exclude grenades, flame throwers, and the pyroshot I've been asking for since I went to burn boss school.  We're not busy, so the cabin would be vacant anyway and he said that if it weren't myself,  I'd not have considered putting someone else back in that house. 

So now there are flea traps in the living room, kitchen, and all three bedrooms.  I'm going to go over and fog it in the morning for the next few days. 

*shrug* We'll see!  If I go missing, the fleas have developed the use of tools and have captured me. 

*also, a pyroshot is an air gun that shoots what are basically ping pong balls of napalm & they let me play with it!!in front of a news crew and Senate committee even! *

Good grief, you are having a wild challenge in the worst way.   Hope you get the last of them soon.  Congrats on moving back in!

The pyroshot sounds like much more fun than it should be. 

7 hours ago, PinkNinja said:

They had started dumping, truck died,  and they finished as I drove off, after assuring me it wouldn't happen again. Smh

Your job occasionally sounds more like "Babysitter for adults in the woods."  Glad you found the kitten though, and nobody managed to burn the place down.

• Like 1

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

On 1/28/2017 at 7:45 PM, Teirin said:

Your job occasionally sounds more like "Babysitter for adults in the woods." 

Sometimes, that's what it is! But that can be the more entertaining and even fun part sometimes. I actually enjoyed visiting with the 2nd set of bonfire guys, once it was out. And the heat & air guy is entertaining to hear. His kids ride my mom's school bus and one is in her class.

On 1/28/2017 at 7:41 AM, MichiruSedai said:

Yay for being back at your house!

Very much so!

So, I still have fleas, but I'm adjusting. I will continue to use my water trap, sticky traps, and bug bombs in my bedroom. They still are absent in the rest of the house. I try to be diligent in making sure I'm flea free before I leave the bedroom. I'm getting my extra room organized and sorted. I finally got to cook the lemongrass chicken & the beef roast. I'll cook the chicken legs later. The roast is good. :)

I've started planting things. :D I can do that again! I need to dig out all the seeds I bought while I was in Arizona. I got seed kits of saguaro, Joshua tree, and a cacti assortment. One of the maintenance guys had some leftover plexiglass. He let me have it for my planting/aquarium stand, and even cut it for me. Before the flea fiasco really escalated, I had started rooting bok choy, celery, and onion scraps. The celery didn't survive. It was left in the water too long while I was moving back and forth. But last night, I got the bok choy and onion in some dirt. Then, when I was cooking, I got another onion scrap. The next time I need to buy ginger, I'm going to buy a piece that will be good for planting. Then, alI I will lack is an avocado tree and I'll be back almost where I started before I gave away all my plants to move! Pretty sure I'll eat an avocado soon. 

Plus, I'm back down in a warmer zone, so I may start a dwarf lime tree soon. I'm going to get my porch cleaned up and when it is warm, I will have a mosquito free outdoor space for yoga! :)

My extra room is almost organized back to the "happy workout space" point. I'm just boxing up the stuff from my bedroom that is in there. I don't know when I'll be flea free and be able to move back in my bedroom, but I need the space in my extra room, so why not?  

Now that I'm back in my house, I'm back on my 3x20 fairly well. I'm counting plant time as creating time. When I get my extra room organized, I'll stop doing that. But it's hard to be inspired, let alone find tools, when your craft stuff is covered in clothes, bedding, and flea spray so I'm letting myself slide on it. 

The backpacking gear is in the bedroom with the fleas. Now, it's in a closet, that so far, the fleas seem to be staying away from. I'm afraid to get it out because I can't imagine getting fleas out of a down sleeping bag. But I'm inventorying other outdoor stuff and have started making progress on that.

I'm considering applying for PRN-EMT at the hospital in town. The extra money, the experience, and having a way to meet people would all be very nice. I don't have any actual ambulance experience other than interning for my license, so I doubt I'm hired, but I figure I'll try.

• Like 3

hey dude

talked to boy child and I think we will be down for a visit! I will let you know more :D when I know for sure

I am glad about the flea situation and the growing stuff... all that stuff you talked about growing and I am in awe... seriously wish I was better at growing things :D

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

8 hours ago, alienjenn said:

hey dude

talked to boy child and I think we will be down for a visit! I will let you know more :D when I know for sure

I am glad about the flea situation and the growing stuff... all that stuff you talked about growing and I am in awe... seriously wish I was better at growing things :D

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

I don't know if you'd want to come down, because while they're mostly only in the bedroom and I'm trying to be upbeat, I do still have the fleas. :( And the pest control people just told me they still can't spray again.  I'll keep plugging away at them and maybe they'll all die soon. I'll keep you updated.

I grow this stuff mostly because it's easy and it's free to get started. The celery, bok choy and onion, and several other things are kitchen scraps. I have killed plenty of plants. I even have a resurrection plant. I've killed it about 4 times already. lol  I have always had really good luck with squash though. In my old park, I put some dirt in an old tire and put a couple squash seed in it. The plant got bigger than my grill & lawn chair combined and I had squash until the first freeze. It was crazy. I'm going to try something new this year and try growing potatoes and sweet potatoes. :)

• Like 1

We can reevaluate again before I make a final decision.

I still have to get Diana fixed on the tenth so I would be at least not till the eleventh or so

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Spoiler

On 1/27/2017 at 11:25 PM, PinkNinja said:

I plunged a toilet, killed two random bonfire parties (seriously,  we have like 173 unoccupied fire pits, WHY do people feel the need to build random bonfires?!), helped jumpstart a truck that was actually there to dump their trash in our private dumpster, and helped catch a kitten.

Oh and identified a tree for some out of state folks who saw my uniform while i jumped off the dumpster bandit's truck and came over because they had to know the tree. 

But now everyone who wants tv, has it,  everyone has heat, the kitten was recovered, all the toilets flush, and there better not be anymore fires.

Once my feet thaw,  I'm going to bed to wake up early to be the park representative for judging a spelling bee.

To think, some people believe  all Park Rangers do is play in the woods (&tweet about climate change ;) )

Park Ranger = Super Hero

I just caught up on your whole flea saga! What an epic battle you are fighting! Never give up, never surrender. You will overcome those dirty little buggers. Good job on all you've been keeping up with, sounds like you are still dominating despite the setbacks. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

STR 9/ DEX 6/ STA 15/CON 8/WIS 16/CHA 7

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang 

except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

15 hours ago, Arrowan said:

Park Ranger = Super Hero

I just had a couple of really crappy days at work, and that totally made my day.

I'm the only one in charge at work from last Thursday till the 14th. There's SO MUCH going on, including legislative audit, year end equipment inventory  (another state control), 2 new construction projects, a demolition, and several other big projects. And my boss is out. 

But I've got this.  this is all great.  if i make it through this,  when he retires, this is just more reason to move to his spot. 

:|

I'm off today though, finally.  i ran away from the park and the fleas, and I'm at mom and dad's

• Like 3

So glad you got a day off, with all that's happening at work! I like your confidence. This IS great training for your boss' position if/when he leaves. All your work will pay off one way or another. 

• Like 1

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

STR 9/ DEX 6/ STA 15/CON 8/WIS 16/CHA 7

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang 

except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke