Anathema goes Whole(30) Hog

Anathema

Last Challenge got derailed by a fun combo of depression, major illness, and General Ennui (worst military leader *ever*). Hey, new year, new me, new "screw you health issues, you can't mess with me"! So, here's my Challenge goals:

Goal 1: Whole30   Complete the Whole30 that I started late for Jan (because I had bronchitis and didn't want to do something new and different until that was sorted). So, it goes through Feb 4. This is the first time I'm trying this, and I'm wary yet committed.

Goal 2: Yoga    Part of my health woes involved cracking under the pressure of stress. So, got the goal of at least one yoga class per week, two if it works with my schedule.

Goal 3: Just Do the Stupid Cardio   I love running. Running is my joy and my main form of stress relief. And, I have a foot injury that's kept me from running (probably plantar fasciitis, though that's a "Doctor Internet" diagnosis). So instead of doing alternate cardio, I've sulked like a baby. I need to get back to the gym and just do elliptical, bike, rowing machine, even (god I hate it so much) swimming. No cardio makes Anathema blobby and sad, and if my preferred form is off the table for now, gotta find alternates and not get all pouty.

Level Up Your Life: Workplace Efficiency    I spend way too much time dicking around at work. I have a job where being on Facebook and browsing news sites is actually work-related. But then i go down a clickhole of funny articles and cat videos and then suddenly it's 5pm and I'm still behind. I am going to allow myself 5 minutes per hour to skim through personal stuff, then back to work. My work is evaluated on results, not time spent, so it's easy for me to waste hours, and then work nights or weekends to get caught up. One more think piece on American politics or one more funny blog post isn't worth it, I can catch up on all that on the weekend if I really want to.

Bonus Goal: Sleep Schedule    Left to my own devices I would probably sleep 16 hours a day. Slight exaggeration, but only slight. I need to get back to a reasonable sleep schedule. It won't work every night due to various scheduled things (mainly swing dance night most Wednesdays), but the goal is in bed by 10pm and up at 6am. Small amount of reading in bed allowed, but not much.

• Like 3

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Challenge Day -2 (getting started early cuz why not!)

Friday, Jan 6 • 168 lbs

Whole 30: Yes

Yoga: Planned for Tuesday

Cardio: No

Efficiency: Just made up this goal, starts Monday!

Sleep: In bed around 10:30, asleep by 11 or so

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Here's to a speedy recovery of your foot.  I too am doing a exercise (elliptical) that isn't my first choice.  I would much rather be riding a bike or skating.  Roads are a-little to slick for riding the bike and the outdoor rink was closed down last year.  If it gets twenty degrees or warmer, and it's not raining, I may have to pull the bike out.  

Week One, Day One

Sunday, Jan 8 • 166 lbs

Whole 30: Yes  1/7

Yoga: Planned for Tuesday  0/1

Cardio: Walk-trot because weather too icky to get to the gym. Not a real run cuz foot injury, but it counts. 1/7

Efficiency: Not super relevant to weekend days  0/5

Sleep: Not so much. Took nighttime cold medicine last night cuz still coughing, slept in til like 8:30.  0/7

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton